Get a grip on prices!!

gordylad

Come on Celebrity..........looking at a sv cabin 12 night med cruise in Sept 2019. $6640 OR £5000.

This is for the same old same old med cruise to the usual ports, nothing out the ordinary.

I mean really...........

Per person? With taxes and port fees?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have enjoyed many cruise on celebrity and our last cruise in 2017 was in a celebrity suite.

The current pricing means that we haven’t or won’t be booking this year and are looking at alternatives.

Having said that we acknowledge that cabins particularly suites are being booked.

As another poster stated for us it will be voting with our feet ....

Can you seriously do Oceania for less than Celebrity? I’d love to do Oceania.

Never been on MSC & don’t know anyone who has. How does it compare to Celebrity?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You certainly can if you’re comparing it to Edge.

Well, we just cancelled HAL's 10 day Koningsdam for the Med in 2019 and booked Infinity 11 day for the same date and similar itinerary. Yes, Celebrity was slightly more expensive, but because of our Elite (hate that word) status we get some nice perks and we prefer to embark in Barcelona instead of Rome. For us the price was not out of line and we're happy with what we're getting. However, the next cruise we maybe back to HAL, depending on price and itinerary. No interest in MSC at all and compared Oceania prices.......way higher than Celebrity or HAL.

Well, we just cancelled HAL's 10 day Koningsdam for the Med in 2019 and booked Infinity 11 day for the same date and similar itinerary. Yes, Celebrity was slightly more expensive, but because of our Elite (hate that word) status we get some nice perks and we prefer to embark in Barcelona instead of Rome. For us the price was not out of line and we're happy with what we're getting. However, the next cruise we maybe back to HAL, depending on price and itinerary. No interest in MSC at all and compared Oceania prices.......way higher than Celebrity or HAL.

No idea what category you booked but HAL is $900 cheaper per person than Infinity in a balcony for those two cruises. That’s more than slightly more expensive.

NOTE: Every time I've entered info in ANY of these spaces the page refreshes. I again click the 'see if you qualify for offers' line to get the drop down and the info I've entered is gone. When you enter the info for a second time it will take. You just have to do it twice. (no comment on the X site...)

Great explanation on post #48. The page refreshes on me too and it annoys me so much. I wonder how many give up at this stage thinking there are no offers they qualify for. Also, half the time the pull down menu for "state/province" has no provinces listed, so we Cdns are out of luck.

I wish they would fix this, but I guess they'll do it the same day the offer reasonable prices again.

No idea what category you booked but HAL is $900 cheaper per person than Infinity in a balcony for those two cruises. That’s more than slightly more expensive.
We paid just over 800.00 (ca) TOTAL more for Infinity with one extra day. However, our flights to BCN (upgraded seats) were $700.00 less than the flights to Rome in same seats.

Last year we did Oceania Riviera Med cruise. Ext. balcony cabin, $600. OBC ( O perk ) and Premium Economy Class air on British Air RT LAX. $3,400.pp. w/ air included.
Wow! I never see such deals with Oceania! We get the brochures (daily!) and converting to Canadian dollars, with air included is waaaay over 10,000.00 (ca). Maybe U.S guests get the best deals!

Last year we did Oceania Riviera Med cruise. Ext. balcony cabin, $600. OBC ( O perk ) and Premium Economy Class air on British Air RT LAX. $3,400.pp. w/ air included.

That’s less than a week on some Med itineraries in the height of the summer on X, without flights. What a brilliant deal.

You might want to take a look at the Oct 19, 2017 Constellation med cruise. The prices have gone up some but still around $2,000 pp for a veranda for 11 nights. Plus a good itinerary.

It may be my last Celebrity cruise if the prices don’t come down.

All cruise lines seem to have higher prices a year or more from now. Same itinerary, $2,000 more. Feb 2018 vs Dec 2019.

The sales offer perks that entice one to book so far out. Six weeks out, after final payment, those open cabins hit the sale market.

Yes, after booking, I sometimes see higher prices; sometimes prices are equal or lower.

Once again, if you like the price - book the cabin. Then watch for price drops and sales.

Spent the afternoon watching Blue Planet on BBC America. Fabulous!

We got an excellent deal on our Silhouette cruise to the ABCs in Nov and are really looking forward to it, but for our Med. cruise next July we're going with MSC.

For $1,700 USD less than what we would have paid for 2 inside cabins (incl. grats) on X (no perks) , we have two balconies with grats & can cover the cost of a bev. package for all 5 of us. X is a 9 nighter with 2 sea days whereas MSC is a 7 nighter with no seadays. Since it will be so port intensive we'll more than likely skip the bev packages and go a la carte.

All cruise lines seem to have higher prices a year or more from now. Same itinerary, $2,000 more. Feb 2018 vs Dec 2019.

The sales offer perks that entice one to book so far out. Six weeks out, after final payment, those open cabins hit the sale market.

Yes, after booking, I sometimes see higher prices; sometimes prices are equal or lower.

Once again, if you like the price - book the cabin. Then watch for price drops and sales.

Spent the afternoon watching Blue Planet on BBC America. Fabulous!

Unfortunately booking a cabin now tells Celebrity that you’re ok with current prices and they have no incentive to lower them.

Well, as Yogi would say, "With these high prices, nobody sails Celebrity anymore, it's too crowded". :')

Are people expecting Celebrity to charge less of a price than people are willing to pay??? :confused:

Celebrity deals can be had through travel agents. Always start cruises with $450 OBC and Classic drinks package and 8-9% price discount. Hard for me to believe that anyone pays the "sticker" price for any Celebrity cruise.

My advise is don't get mad and get even.

Go out to own some RCL shares.If cruising is in your blood,you should support what ever cruise line you cruised.

I don;t see shareholders complain about price increase.

Today price is $103.60

My advise is don't get mad and get even.

Go out to own some RCL shares.If cruising is in your blood,you should support what ever cruise line you cruised.

I don;t see shareholders complain about price increase.

Today price is $103.60

It's down over $32 from it's high. They should be irate.