What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

Just received email we have been upgraded from a mini suite to a haven two bedroom on the Breakaway Baltic leaving Aug 18th. Three of us my bid was $1250 pp in the poor range, I had checked and upgrade on my own would have been another 6 or 7 k.

I'm stunned for sure

Congrats :D we're still waiting to hear about our Breakaway on the 9th August(yn)(yn)

Looking to upgrade bid from balcony to mini-suite on Pearl.

Are upgrades guaranteed to be a better room overall? I.e. unobstructed view, not near loud noises, etc?

Also, what's the most efficient way to find current or recent vacancy rates?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

If you win the bid you could end up in any room for that category, good, bad, or indifferent.

As most people here seem to infer, you don't see many looking for a balcony to mini as there isn't that much difference especially if you are happy with the balcony you have.

You can do mock booking at the NCL site but supposedly will only show 15 rooms. There has been mention of other TAs online who show full inventory but I don't know who they are.

We are now 80 days out!!!!!

Super excited for our TA cruise.

Today on our NCL page and got the announcement "lets get you upgraded", when I clinked on the link as directed the page then had this message anyone else experiencing this?

Upgrade Advantage - how it works.

Welcome to Upgrade Advantage. In just a few clicks, you can submit an offer to upgrade your stateroom on your upcoming cruise.

Browse through the stateroom options below. Making offers on multiple rooms will increase your chances of getting upgraded, but you'll only ever pay for one upgrade.

Here's how it works:

• Name your bid to upgrade your stateroom on your upcoming cruise, then click Continue.
  • We'll notify you via email if your request for an upgrade has been approved.

If your offer is accepted, you'll be charged for the upgrade. If not, you pay nothing and keep the stateroom you have.

Offers are based on two occupants per stateroom for the entire duration of the cruise - only the first and second guest will be charged.

Please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions about the program.

Not eligible for upgrade

We are now 80 days out!!!!!

Super excited for our TA cruise.

Not eligible for upgrade

Have you received your email yet? May just be jumping the gun a little bit? If you are still seeing the message tomorrow, then you'd have more cause to be concerned. However, I just want to mention that there is little advantage to getting your bid in immediately. Most bids don't process until within a week of sailing and those that get processed earlier seem to be in the higher ranges.

In everyone's opinion is the upgrade to the haven worth it if we have 2 teenagers with us? I know we pay for 2 people.....but we are in a mini suite now.....I'm thinking the Haven might not fit as well as if it were just me and my wife.

Also in the MS we have separate beds for them...the lower end havens show they would be sharing a pullout. Is that the case? Thanks.

Edited by Rich_NY

In everyone's opinion is the upgrade to the haven worth it if we have 2 teenagers with us? I know we pay for 2 people.....but we are in a mini suite now.....I'm thinking the Haven might not fit as well as if it were just me and my wife.

Also in the MS we have separate beds for them...the lower end havens show they would be sharing a pullout. Is that the case? Thanks.

To be safe, only bid on the 2-bedroom family suite.

We are 77 days out from our Epic cruise and I am not getting the upgrade offer when I log in. Does that mean the TA I booked with is not participating in the program? It is not a big deal for this cruise as we booked the Haven and I do not want to spend more, but we have a cruise in January booked through the same company that I was planning on bidding for an uograde. I will be cancelling and rebooking with someone else if I am not going to get the chance to bid. Thanks!

Hey, folks. The links below are to my personal travel blog in case you want more information. However, here I want to specifically answer the question in this thread. I sailed on the Norwegian Sky earlier this month. I booked the cruise less than 2 months before sailing, and I received an offer to bid on an upgrade a few days after booking. This was my first cruise on NCL, so I do not enjoy any status with them. I was booked in an oceanview cabin, and the email said the minimum bid was $50 for a balcony, $400 for a penthouse suite, and $750 for an owner's suite. I bid $115 for the balcony, and I also placed near-minimum bids for the other two categories. I was initially hopeful that I would get the upgrade, because prices dropped sharply after I booked. I took that as a sign that there were a lot of empty cabins. However, on Saturday before I sailed on Monday I received another email (4 of them, actually) saying that each of my bids was declined. The oceanview cabin was fine, however. I would obviously have enjoyed scoring the cheap upgrade, but I can't complain about not getting something I didn't pay for.

Hey, folks. The links below are to my personal travel blog in case you want more information. However, here I want to specifically answer the question in this thread. I sailed on the Norwegian Sky earlier this month. I booked the cruise less than 2 months before sailing, and I received an offer to bid on an upgrade a few days after booking. This was my first cruise on NCL, so I do not enjoy any status with them. I was booked in an oceanview cabin, and the email said the minimum bid was $50 for a balcony, $400 for a penthouse suite, and $750 for an owner's suite. I bid $115 for the balcony, and I also placed near-minimum bids for the other two categories. I was initially hopeful that I would get the upgrade, because prices dropped sharply after I booked. I took that as a sign that there were a lot of empty cabins. However, on Saturday before I sailed on Monday I received another email (4 of them, actually) saying that each of my bids was declined. The oceanview cabin was fine, however. I would obviously have enjoyed scoring the cheap upgrade, but I can't complain about not getting something I didn't pay for.

Interesting, thanks for sharing! I'm booked in an oceanview on Sky for 7/23, have a bid in for a balcony. Sailing is currently showing sold out except for inside. I'm a silver Latitudes member. Hoping to hear either way in the next few days.

We are 77 days out from our Epic cruise and I am not getting the upgrade offer when I log in. Does that mean the TA I booked with is not participating in the program? It is not a big deal for this cruise as we booked the Haven and I do not want to spend more, but we have a cruise in January booked through the same company that I was planning on bidding for an uograde. I will be cancelling and rebooking with someone else if I am not going to get the chance to bid. Thanks!
It's my understanding that the upgrade offers generally begin around the 60 day mark though not everyone receives the option to bid. So you may not have missed it.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Forums mobile app

It's my understanding that the upgrade offers generally begin around the 60 day mark though not everyone receives the option to bid. So you may not have missed it.

Historically, upgrade invites have been sent out at or around the 80 day mark.

Historically, upgrade invites have been sent out at or around the 80 day mark.

exactly!!! I think the issue for Fischmom may be her travel agent does not participate, therefore no invite

Pro: CY penthouse is right in the Haven so the bar, restaurant, courtyard & haven pool are right outside your door. Spa suite is a bit of a walk, especially if you have mobility issues, tire easily, or sore feet from all day at an excursion.

Spa suite bathroom wonderful, tub in room is nice for some, others don't care.

For us if the price is identical it's a hard decision only because we aren't huge spa people. The spa is wonderful! If you are a spa person and don't mind the walk it's a no-brainer.

When booking direct we would book whichever is cheaper, neglecting the spa pass cost, which we probably wouldn't buy.

Quick poll question, thinking about moving my Haven Spa to Courtyard Penthouse? Can someone tell me which they prefer and why?

It really depends on what you value more, spa time vs ease of access to the Haven amenities. My wife is NOT a spa person and I have never been in one, so we chose the CY PH. We love the idea of being a few steps from the pool, hot tubs, restaurant and bar.

Just thinking, I know that everyone doesn't get the bidding email. Out of everyone on a sailing, I wonder what the % is? When putting in a bidding how many others are you in competition with? If your bidding on the Haven how many others are doing the same thing?

Doing the happy dance!!! I submitted the lowest bid ($50 x 2people) for a balcony upgrade for Norwegian Sun, and I just got an email informing me that we won the bid!!! I went from a 145 sq ft inside room to a 221 sq ft balcony for $100!!! Oh happy day!

Interesting, thanks for sharing! I'm booked in an oceanview on Sky for 7/23, have a bid in for a balcony. Sailing is currently showing sold out except for inside. I'm a silver Latitudes member. Hoping to hear either way in the next few days.

I'm sailing 7/20 and just received my email that my $50 bid (times 2 people) was accepted and went from an inside to a balcony for $100!!! This is my fist time sailing with Norwegian. Good luck to you!

Rather than the balcony sticking out from the ships superstructure and having a railing, the balcony is contained within the ship and the rail is steel and solid. The view out is through an opening in the ships structure.

ccf9f3b6b6fe732ade0c5a2faf5a5ce1.jpg

56d6151f8a486600acaadba1ca48b94d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never knew about these, do all of the NCL ships have them? How can you check to see if your cabin is one of these are they in a certain category?

Doing the happy dance!!! I submitted the lowest bid ($50 x 2people) for a balcony upgrade for Norwegian Sun, and I just got an email informing me that we won the bid!!! I went from a 145 sq ft inside room to a 221 sq ft balcony for $100!!! Oh happy day!

Congrats!