What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

Has this happened to anyone? On July 5 I received an email stating I was eligible for the upgrade advantage program. I was able to view the cabins I could bid on as late as this afternoon. This evening the message about starting the upgrade package that was displayed on my log in page is no longer there. When I opened my email it said I wasn’t eligible for an upgrade bid????? What happened????

It did the same for me when they first were offering the bid email, so I think they took it down as they were working on getting the info to me. The same thing happened to you did to another cruiser who found hours later she had been upgraded, that they may have been processing at the time she tried to log in. Hope that’s the case for you! Keep us posted.

Trimone' date=' Were you happy with your H5 cabin and experience? We are currently booked in a spa balcony for the sept 23 baltic cruise. Since the cruise is so heavily port intensive I thought that we wouldn’t be able to take advantage of the Haven experience and would enjoy the spa more. I am not sure if I can justify the added cost of the cabin. What are your thoughts?[/quote']

We only offered £405 pp for upgrade, our biggest mistake was boarding at warnemunde, we missed out on all introductions in the Haven, and when everyone left in Copenhagen the whole day was ruined with muster station announcements and welcome aboard.

I wouldn’t bid anymore than minimum, in my opinion it’s cruising of yesteryears, In September I would keep spa balcony and spend the money with Alla Tours

Enjoy

Just received email we have been upgraded from a mini suite to a haven two bedroom on the Breakaway Baltic leaving Aug 18th. Three of us my bid was $1250 pp in the poor range, I had checked and upgrade on my own would have been another 6 or 7 k.

I'm stunned for sure

Edited by njkate

Just received email we have been upgraded from a mini suite to a haven two bedroom on the Breakaway Baltic leaving Aug 18th. Three of us my bid was $1250 pp in the poor range, I had checked and upgrade on my own would have been another 6 or 7 k.

I'm stunned for sure

Wow, congrats, on the upgrade and for receiving it so early!

Wow, congrats, on the upgrade and for receiving it so early!

Thanks, it's myself and adult daughter and son so on this long cruise that I think is near capacity this will be very nice , lots more room and hopefully the Haven area is not overly crowded.

I'm stunned for sure

Congrats Kate... have a great cruise :D

I'm stunned for sure

Congrats! That sounds like a great deal!!

Has this happened to anyone? On July 5 I received an email stating I was eligible for the upgrade advantage program. I was able to view the cabins I could bid on as late as this afternoon. This evening the message about starting the upgrade package that was displayed on my log in page is no longer there. When I opened my email it said I wasn’t eligible for an upgrade bid????? What happened????

It just may be a glitch. They had taken down the 9/23 cruise for a few days and added it to other cruises.

Haven is pretty full. it's booked for when we get to Berlin.

My ability to upgrade is still on my reservation for this cruise. It may reset tomorrow if not call them

My bid was accepted yesterday for my NCL Escape sailing this Sunday (July 15th). We were upgraded from a mini-suite to Haven spa balcony room ($1000 each) No great bargain but cheaper than paying upfront. Plus, we now have access to the Spa. I'm very excited. I didn't think we would get it because I thought they were almost sold out and our bid wouldn't be high enough.

Congratulations! I'm waiting on an Escape Haven Spa bid too. Fingers crossed:D You definitely made out better than just booking it direct.

IMO the bid program is doing exactly what NCL wants. They raised the Haven prices quite a bit, people who would normally book them say they are too high and don't buy, bid folks see a "deal" compared to list prices and NCL makes more money via bid process via the chain of upgrades in succession.

I just booked a cruise this week for 7/28/18 on the Pride of America. I think I got the last cabin on the ship (inside guaranty) and no availability is showing on the NCL website. But I got the upgrade offer to oceanview or balcony. I can’t imagine there would be many, if any, cabins available. Do they do the upgrade offers even for sold out ships?

I got offered an upgrade to a DOS (which is sold out) and it is still open for a 2 BR CY PH (also sold out). Offer is one thing, getting is another :>

My sailing was no longer listed about 2-3 weeks ago so assumed it was sold out, yet I did get my upgrade so who knows. Notified early as well as most say 1 week to 48 hours prior to sailing.

I get so many emails from NCL I almost deleted without reading lol

I just booked a cruise this week for 7/28/18 on the Pride of America. I think I got the last cabin on the ship (inside guaranty) and no availability is showing on the NCL website. But I got the upgrade offer to oceanview or balcony. I can’t imagine there would be many, if any, cabins available. Do they do the upgrade offers even for sold out ships?

Sure they take bids on sold out categories. Why wouldn't they? If there is a late cancellation or someone gets upgraded to a higher category, thus freeing up a spot in the "sold out" category, they still want to be able to fill the room. Plus, every upgrade bid that is made is a data point that NCL can use to make future pricing decisions, whether the upgrade is accepted or not.

Can someone tell me if the Haven Spa Suite really worth it? I am also worried about the whirlpool in the stateroom and if the room smells musty or molded from the being in the same area as the bed, etc?

I never thought about that. :o I was hoping to upgrade to the Spa Haven too.

We were offered 4 different rooms, including an owners suite, forward suite, aft suite and balcony. We purchased an ocean view since most all else was sold out. We bid about $100. For balcony (each) and much more for the suites. Not sure but around $800. Each. No word yet. Ship looks sold out however. I read that its not just the bid they consider. They look at how many ncl cruises you’ve taken, money spent on ship, etc.

Can someone tell me if the Haven Spa Suite really worth it? I am also worried about the whirlpool in the stateroom and if the room smells musty or molded from the being in the same area as the bed, etc?

The people I have talked to who have experienced the haven loved it. I would rather take two cruises for the price of the haven. I have not been given an opportunity to upgrade to the haven though. If I were you, I would go to the reviews of this particular ship, and read reviews about the haven. There is a way to read haven only reviews.

We were offered 4 different rooms, including an owners suite, forward suite, aft suite and balcony. We purchased an ocean view since most all else was sold out. We bid about $100. For balcony (each) and much more for the suites. Not sure but around $800. Each. No word yet. Ship looks sold out however. I read that its not just the bid they consider. They look at how many ncl cruises you’ve taken, money spent on ship, etc.

I sincerely doubt that is the case. Why would they do that? They want to maximize the amount of money they make off of bids. Also, the bids are processed by a third party and you can see the code that get's passed along in the bid if you know any HTML/JavaScript. Last I looked, it did not include any of that sort of data. Where did you "hear" this information?

I sincerely doubt that is the case. Why would they do that? They want to maximize the amount of money they make off of bids. Also, the bids are processed by a third party and you can see the code that get's passed along in the bid if you know any HTML/JavaScript. Last I looked, it did not include any of that sort of data. Where did you "hear" this information?

I “heard” this info from nowegian themselves. I called and asked about it. The woman told me that it is their policy to reward good customers.