Current Cruise Director (CD) List

A recent Voyager Cruise Compass says that Ken is the current CD (Probably Ken Rush?). Also Michelle has been on vacation since March but recent IG posts show that she is back in Singapore.

On 5/4/2019 at 6:16 PM, CruisingJoe09 said:

The new CD on Serenade is David Bradshawe from England, who I believe has worked as a CD with Princess in the past, alongside various other cruise lines. Apparently he did a great 70's night.

We just got off the SR eastbound TA.  The CD's staff did a fantastic 70's night. We found David stiff, boring, and invisible for the most part.  Heard many others voicing the same during the cruise.  Different strokes for different folks I guess.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BaikG said:

A recent Voyager Cruise Compass says that Ken is the current CD (Probably Ken Rush?). Also Michelle has been on vacation since March but recent IG posts show that she is back in Singapore.

Ken Jones for Voyager. Ken Rush is no longer a CD.

On 5/17/2019 at 12:59 PM, pstone1 said:

We just got off the SR eastbound TA.  The CD's staff did a fantastic 70's night. We found David stiff, boring, and invisible for the most part.  Heard many others voicing the same during the cruise.  Different strokes for different folks I guess.

I’m currently on the Serenade with CD David Bradshawe and am finding his behaviour completely bizarre - he seems lost and confused most of the time, stumbles over words, entirely loses track of what’s going on in the gameshows - the Love and Marriage show was downright uncomfortable to watch and the audience was having to shout out instructions to get him back on track. He has no charisma and I’ve overheard other guests saying much the same. 

AM Elizabeth Hackett and the rest of the staff are absolutely fantastic but I can’t help but groan when David turns up! A real shame!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisingcasey123 said:

I’m currently on the Serenade with CD David Bradshawe and am finding his behaviour completely bizarre - he seems lost and confused most of the time, stumbles over words, entirely loses track of what’s going on in the gameshows - the Love and Marriage show was downright uncomfortable to watch and the audience was having to shout out instructions to get him back on track. He has no charisma and I’ve overheard other guests saying much the same. 

AM Elizabeth Hackett and the rest of the staff are absolutely fantastic but I can’t help but groan when David turns up! A real shame!

That sounds worrying. He's new to Royal, maybe it's just nerves.

2 hours ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

Definitely - the CD's are all human and just like us, can struggle settling into new jobs.

Well, it's not a new job!  Supposedly, it's the same job he's been doing for multiple other cruise companies for many years.  All CD's face a different audience every week.  In comparison, we were on the Jewel TA for Andrea Olivieri's first cruise with RCL and he was fantastic.  Pretty sure if you're good, you're good!  I guess time will tell.

• Like 1

I had the pleasure of experiencing Bobby Broughton's first assignment with RCI, when he cruised on Grandeur.  Though he'd done the job elsewhere, this was his first cruise for us.  Gotta say it was love at first sight.  He just had something special and it was readily obvious.  Maybe it takes some longer to make the change than others so a little slack is understandable.  However, if that is your one shot at sea for years, I feel for all those who had to suffer his growing pains.

Currently on Indy and the cruise director is Mark Rous. He came on yesterday to take over from Jamie who was taken ill on the TA. Don't know how long he will be on for.

2 minutes ago, kernow said:

Currently on Indy and the cruise director is Mark Rous. He came on yesterday to take over from Jamie who was taken ill on the TA. Don't know how long he will be on for.

I was wondering where Mark would be going as he is now listed as a Cruise Director on FB. Mark has served as AM on Indy before.

Hope Jamie gets well soon.

Edited by CruisingJoe09

On May 18, 2019 at 12:16 PM, DELTABLUE said:

I had the pleasure of experiencing Bobby Broughton's first assignment with RCI, when he cruised on Grandeur.  Though he'd done the job elsewhere, this was his first cruise for us.  Gotta say it was love at first sight.  He just had something special and it was readily obvious.  Maybe it takes some longer to make the change than others so a little slack is understandable.  However, if that is your one shot at sea for years, I feel for all those who had to suffer his growing pains.

Had Bobby last week on short Enchantment cruise and agree he was fantastic with great energy and very genuine.  Should get a bigger assignment than Enchantment

On 5/5/2019 at 9:23 PM, DELTABLUE said:

INDEPENDENCE:   Dan Whitney, Jamie Fentiman to return after vacation at the end of May, #923

Jamie Fentiman just posted the following on FB:

"9 is the number of years - I’ve been doing what I loved. It also put me on Cloud 9 as I met my husband whilst here. But it’s time to take Exit 9 off the High Seas.

For the past 9 years I have have followed my passion making people happy - doing what I do best performing and telling bad jokes 😉. But for the last 9 years I put my job first with me coming second! So it’s time to take a step back and put the most important person (other than the dog 😉 Sorry Rio!) At the top of my priorities! 
This isn’t a goodbye - it’s a see you later! See you later to the life that made me the man I am today! And I am thankful for everything! 
Until Next Time - Contract TBC 😉 CHOW FOR NOW PEOPLE...I Will be back."

Lets all wish him well as he enjoys the next part of his life with Rio and hopefully we will see him again in the future.

18 minutes ago, Paulette3028 said:

"9 is the number of years - I’ve been doing what I loved. It also put me on Cloud 9 as I met my husband whilst here. But it’s time to take Exit 9 off the High Seas.

For the past 9 years I have have followed my passion making people happy - doing what I do best performing and telling bad jokes 😉. But for the last 9 years I put my job first with me coming second! So it’s time to take a step back and put the most important person (other than the dog 😉 Sorry Rio!) At the top of my priorities! 
This isn’t a goodbye - it’s a see you later! See you later to the life that made me the man I am today! And I am thankful for everything! 

Lets all wish him well as he enjoys the next part of his life with Rio and hopefully we will see him again in the future.

His post is slightly cryptic - does this mean that he is leaving Royal or taking an extended break?

24 minutes ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

His post is slightly cryptic - does this mean that he is leaving Royal or taking an extended break?

All we know is that he WON'T be the CD in the near future on a Royal ship....more than that,  we just don't know.

On 4/10/2019 at 12:22 PM, goingplaces1132 said:

I will be on the Freedom June 30th anyone know who will be on then?  How about activities manager?

Patricio Honores was the Cruise Director on my Apri1 21st sailing on the Freedom. Probably the best I've had in a dozen cruises.

On 5/20/2019 at 9:49 AM, Paulette3028 said:

We first met Jamie when he was the Activies Manager along side Richard Spacey (quite frankly the best cruise director there ever will be) on Freedom of the Seas back in the day. They made an awesome team.

ADVENTURE:   Drew Devine #1027
ALLURE  Jimmy Rhodes, Mike Hunnerup returns in August # 1108

ANTHEM  Mitch Merucci until July 13.  Mitch returns Augugst 29 #1051  until January 5, 2020
BRILLIANCE:  Enzo Matijaca 
EMPRESS:    Elvis Pinto #803 through early July #907
ENCHANTMENT:    Susan Adams returns March 4 for 4 months.
EXPLORER:  Graham Seymour until mid July then Cleo takes over. #1099
FREEDOM:   Patricio Honores as of February 24 #848
GRANDEUR:  John Blair  until June 13, and August 8 until November 30
HARMONY:   Marc Walker until July14 and then back on 9-29 #1097, then Dennis Charles for 2 months to cover Marc's break.
INDEPENDENCE:   Mark Rous as of 5-18 due to Jamie taking ill #1126
JEWEL:  Andrea Oliviri returns March 13 #878
LIBERTY:  Brian Leavitt new CD through August 11 #893                 

MARINER:  Ricky Matthews on 4/1/19 #915                 
MAJESTY:  Mickey Urrutia as of 4-27, #1115
NAVIGATOR:  Hugo Arenas #849 
OASIS:   Mike Hunnerup #973
OVATION:  Chris Brown covers vacation until Joeff returns for AK in June#917
QUANTUM: Paul Rutter (until when?)
RADIANCE:   Susan Adams #1053, Cuddy to return approx 6-28 #1114
RHAPSODY:  Michele Scarpato #1109
SERENADE:  David Bradshawe #1086
SPECTRUM: Gordon Whatman through June 13, then Fang #1126

SYMPHONY:  Mike Szwajkowski until August 17, then Ricky Matthews to cover vacation #1123

VISION:     Steve Davis as of May 6 #1147
VOYAGER:  Michelle #1141

Edited by DELTABLUE