Move-up Offer - No Suites Showing Available

Jazzbo

We are booked in AQ on the Equinox on August 11th, and I just received the move-up email offer to bid on Sky Suite, Celebrity Suite, and Royal Suite. No suites are showing available on Celebrity's website or the scanner website. Just wondering if Celebrity pulled the remaining suite inventory for move-up offers.

If the u.k. web site is accurate they should be worried about the 200 balconys showing and departure is 20 days away. All balcony categories are listed for $749, 2D to 1A. All dining times are available also. Either there's going to be a huge fire sale or the people on the cruises are going to get some great service. I don't think they can adjust crewing levels for a week since most of them are from overseas.

If the u.k. web site is accurate they should be worried about the 200 balconys showing and departure is 20 days away. All balcony categories are listed for $749, 2D to 1A. All dining times are available also. Either there's going to be a huge fire sale or the people on the cruises are going to get some great service. I don't think they can adjust crewing levels for a week since most of them are from overseas.

What availability is the UK website showing for suites?

That seems odd to me (upsetting suites while showing no availability).

The minimum bid for a Sky Suite is $500 pp, $700 pp for a Celebrity Suite, and $900 pp for a Royal Suite. We have Go Best on our AQ cabin, so I'm wondering if the credit for the perks would make the extra $1,000 for the SS worth it. We've never sailed in a suite. We sailed in AQ back in 2011, and really enjoyed Blu, so maybe we would also enjoy Luminae. The first night is our 34th anniversary and we've already booked Murano with the 30% discount.

Celebrity definitely extends the "Move Up" offer when there is no inventory available to move up to!! I was told by a Celebrity representative that they do this just in case there is a last minute cancellation of a suite. I was booked in a RS and received the offer to bid on a PH Suite when, in fact, both PH Suites were already booked!

If you win the Celebrity lottery and get a suite cabin, do you get all the suite perks? (I though I read that you didn't). Check before you bid.

If the perks are included, then you don't need the "best" package you have with your aqua cabin...but their value depends on whether you booked on a promotion that gave you four perks or you paid to upgrade to 4 perks. If they were included in your aqua fare, then you won't get any credit towards the suite. If you paid to upgrade to best and don't need them because you will be in a suite (but see above), then you will get credit for the extra upgrade payment.

Confusing...but know what you are bidding...before you place your bid.

We are booked in AQ on the Equinox on August 11th, and I just received the move-up email offer to bid on Sky Suite, Celebrity Suite, and Royal Suite. No suites are showing available on Celebrity's website or the scanner website. Just wondering if Celebrity pulled the remaining suite inventory for move-up offers.

"Move up" upgrades only clear when the main revenue department releases cabins as likely to sail empty--generally 40-90 hours prior to sailing.Those cabins are then used for upselling current reservations. The Equinox is one of the ships that's running "move up" right now as a replacement for the last minute phone calls/emails that some folks would get offering similar upgrades before "Move up" got started. Because of last minute cancellations it is entirely possible to score an upgrade even when nothing shows in inventory online, but it's not likely to happen until a couple days prior to sailing.

If you win the Celebrity lottery and get a suite cabin, do you get all the suite perks? (I though I read that you didn't). Check before you bid.

If the perks are included, then you don't need the "best" package you have with your aqua cabin...but their value depends on whether you booked on a promotion that gave you four perks or you paid to upgrade to 4 perks. If they were included in your aqua fare, then you won't get any credit towards the suite. If you paid to upgrade to best and don't need them because you will be in a suite (but see above), then you will get credit for the extra upgrade payment.

Confusing...but know what you are bidding...before you place your bid.

That's what I'm trying to figure out. When we booked, the Go Better was included (we chose $150/pp OBC and Classic Beverage Pkg). We decided to upgrade to the Go Best for $315 pp. We would have upgraded to Premium Beverage anyway; I need the internet package for work; and we pay the grats regardless.

IF we bid the $1,000, and IF we won, and IF the $630 is credited back, then the upgrade to Sky Suite is $570, which might be worth it to me. But that's a lot of IFs. I may contact my cruise agent to see if she knows, or I may just forget about the whole thing. :confused:

On the bid notice....looks like you keep the level you paid for- nothing extra...Bernadette "Once your bid is accepted, the upgrade amount paid is final and non-refundable.

The upgrade does not include any additional promotions. Current promotions on the reservation will not be altered. "

Also.

from the FAQ's

Q.Does the upgrade include any additional promotions?

A.The upgrade does not include any additional promotions. However, you get to keep whichever promotions you already have.

That's what I'm trying to figure out. When we booked, the Go Better was included (we chose $150/pp OBC and Classic Beverage Pkg). We decided to upgrade to the Go Best for $315 pp. We would have upgraded to Premium Beverage anyway; I need the internet package for work; and we pay the grats regardless.

IF we bid the $1,000, and IF we won, and IF the $630 is credited back, then the upgrade to Sky Suite is $570, which might be worth it to me. But that's a lot of IFs. I may contact my cruise agent to see if she knows, or I may just forget about the whole thing. :confused:

If I understand what you are saying correctly, you will not get the $630 credited back if you bid for a Sky Suite and win. Why would you? Non of the Best perks are included as standard benefits in a Sky Suite.

If I understand what you are saying correctly, you will not get the $630 credited back if you bid for a Sky Suite and win. Why would you? Non of the Best perks are included as standard benefits in a Sky Suite.

Are you sure? I had a Sky Suite coming up, and one in the past, and both included the Go Best.

On my next cruise, I got the sky suite when prices went down after final payment. That was Exciting deals and included no perks.

I just got one of those emails. I decided to gamble and placed the lowest bid possible on a concierge cabin ($50pp). I'm not expecting to get it. EM

Was there anybody on your roll call/sailing that didn’t get the offer, only it sounds like many pax did :confused:? I presume X compile a list of those making the highest bids and wait for any last-minute cancellations to fill those cabins, generating further revenue. It sounds like you don’t get any of the extra perks with the suites, only, I presume, the PH and Royal standard entitlements like you would on any sailing :confused:?

The minimum bid for a Sky Suite is $500 pp, $700 pp for a Celebrity Suite, and $900 pp for a Royal Suite. We have Go Best on our AQ cabin, so I'm wondering if the credit for the perks would make the extra $1,000 for the SS worth it. We've never sailed in a suite. We sailed in AQ back in 2011, and really enjoyed Blu, so maybe we would also enjoy Luminae. The first night is our 34th anniversary and we've already booked Murano with the 30% discount.

Why not look at the Royal Suite as you get the drinks package and free specialities with it. Cost is at least $1800 but you get refunded your drinks package which including the 18% tip costs $908. You also get back the restaurant booking of around $70. It is only costing $832 for a room that is 3 times the size you have just now. You also get free internet, 2 bottles of spirits and beer and mixers in the cabin, unlimited speciality bookings, the butler, Luminae and Michael's club plus a few other benefits.

Even if you don't do that the sky suite's net cost at those amounts is only $32. and the room is half as big again from your current one.

The Celebrity Suite does not get the beverage package, the drinks in the room, internet or the specialities so you are adding $400 for the extra room but it is twice the size of what you have now.

Are you sure? I had a Sky Suite coming up, and one in the past, and both included the Go Best.

On my next cruise, I got the sky suite when prices went down after final payment. That was Exciting deals and included no perks.

Yes, I am sure, assuming I understand what the poster was saying about receiving a credit back on a move up offer for a Sky Suite. The promotion of paying the Big price and receive all the Best perks on a suite booking is a “promotion” and not a benefit of a Sky Suite.

The Premium Drink Package, Speciality Restaurants, and Internet are benefits of the RS and above, therefore you might be able to get a credit if you win that bid, but not the Sky Suite.

Yes, I am sure, assuming I understand what the poster was saying about receiving a credit back on a move up offer for a Sky Suite. The promotion of paying the Big price and receive all the Best perks on a suite booking is a “promotion” and not a benefit of a Sky Suite.

The Premium Drink Package, Speciality Restaurants, and Internet are benefits of the RS and above, therefore you might be able to get a credit if you win that bid, but not the Sky Suite.

I'm still kind of confused about all this. When I booked my sky suites, the only way to remove the perks would be with the senior discount. Looking a Go Big Go Better or Go Best Promotion shows all suite classes as closed, including Sky Suites. So I think that unless you are booking Exciting Deals, Senior Rate or other special rate (ie Resident, etc) all suites including sky suites get the go Best. If you're doing a special rate, none do.

So I think that the Perks are a benefit of all suites, but I don't know what happens if you win a bid.