Tell me your secrets!!!!!

amnorto87

Many of us find no need for a lanyard. I've sailed over 100 cruises just fne and never needed or wanted a lanyard I am not the only one. ;)

Well, I haven't done 100 cruises - more like 50 - but ever since I was taking my card out of my purse, got bumped into by another cruiser and watched my card fall over the side of the ship I have had a lanyard. Nor am I the only one.

I've been on almost 50 cruises and I have to completely unpack and put everything away as soon as I can. I obsess over this but when done it's VACATION no matter how long or short the cruise. ( I still overpack because you never know)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've been on almost 50 cruises and I have to completely unpack and put everything away as soon as I can. I obsess over this but when done it's VACATION no matter how long or short the cruise. ( I still overpack because you never know)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is me too! I can't relax until I do. As soon as the checked luggage arrives, I can't explore until the room is organized.

This is my third cruise, and I AM planning to bring the over the door shoe hanger because we will be 3 adults in a balcony room. It will be nice to have toiletries handy but not clogging up the bathroom sink area. I think that whatever other people do, it is most important to think about what makes the most sense for your personal situation. I do remember reading somewhere that bringing some duct tape (I think that was it) can be really useful for many applications...I have never done this, but this is my husband's first cruise, and I think he would like this tip! I think it wasn't a roll, just some stuck to something but removable if needed.

Get up early. My best memories of being on the boat is watching the sun rise over the ocean. Not many people around so it's very peaceful.

Get off first. Cruising is a means to an end. I want to spend every minute in port that I can.

Well, I haven't done 100 cruises - more like 50 - but ever since I was taking my card out of my purse, got bumped into by another cruiser and watched my card fall over the side of the ship I have had a lanyard. Nor am I the only one.

I also have found, as a female , most of the casual clothing I wear around the ship do not have pockets, and I do not want to carry a purse, so a lanyard or coil wristet it is.

I also have found, as a female , most of the casual clothing I wear around the ship do not have pockets, and I do not want to carry a purse, so a lanyard or coil wristet it is.

I always use a lanyard when cruising, essentially when on the ship during the day, in the evening I will have a top pocket or a jacket pocket. And when in port I will have a wallet (of sorts).:D

Hi Amnorto :)

What my wife & I have to do/pack on every sailing for the past 33 years now might be considered a little outside of the box.

We must always bring a cruise journal along & prior to going to sleep each evening we discuss the days events of everything we did, people & names that we met & so on, and log it all down in the journal.

We have been doing this for over three decades now and have many journals.

When reading through the journals, the strolls down memory lane are so wonderful. In some ways more entertaining than the photo's or video we have collected over the years.

Even picking out/purchasing the journal prior to the cruise has become a fun task in itself.

To us, it is another way, an interesting way, to save & also relive the voyage...

Have a terrific day! Happy sailing!

:)

I really love this idea!!

No "secrets"...it's a vacation. We pack as we would for ANY vacation to that climate. We do our research on ports. We don't really give a fig about who the Captain or CD is....we don't research a vacation to death...(a bit of surprise is fun!)...and we do what we want, when we want....just like anywhere!

Hi everyone!

What are your cruise secrets? What is something you uniquely pack for every cruise? What is something you have to do on every cruise?

I always bring an over the door shoe rack with me for every cruise for not only clothes but other things as well!!

Share your secret must have or must do!!! Would love to know some tricks for my next cruise!!! :D

I pack my sense of humor

Write your name, cell phone, ship and cabin number on a piece of paper. Take a picture of it with your camera. If you lose it you give an honest person a real chance of returning it to you. I like to believe most people are honest.
My swimming goggles were stolen within 1 hour of leaving them behind in the bathroom of the spa

Some ship staff will take whatever they can get, I have seen some staff members take a person's dignity from them and once taken it is almost impossible to get back.
How do the ship's staff "take a person's dignity from them" and why would they do it? Edited by drsel