If you could design a ship what feature would you include?

Ox Fan Cruiser

A solution to waiting forever for elevators that end up being full and/or stopping on every floor!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

As ghstudio would suggest: How about charging for a personal elevator? We would pay for the use of an elevator just for ourselves......or set a time you are the only one who can use an elevator: I pay for 1000-1200 for the #4 mid-ship elevator.

Den

As ghstudio would suggest: How about charging for a personal elevator? We would pay for the use of an elevator just for ourselves......or set a time you are the only one who can use an elevator: I pay for 1000-1200 for the #4 mid-ship elevator.

Den

Just put a book and a pair of sunglasses in the elevator door so it can’t close to reserve it

Duh :cool:

Just put a book and a pair of sunglasses in the elevator door so it can’t close to reserve it

Duh :cool:

How dare you ruin an intense and important discussion with such silliness! I follow the rule of ‘never stick anything in an elevator door you don’t want to keep’ and I require my books, sunglasses and certainly my winch...dont tell my wife I brought my wench on a cruise.....or is that winch???

I bet the OP is soooooo glad we joined this thread.

Den

Let's not forget the "pay in advance for a seat" lifeboat package....

But I digress, we are talking about a theoretical new ship. Since Celebrity is trying new restaurant concepts...I'd like to propose a design suggested by some sushi restaurants where there is a conveyer belt carrying plates and you pick what you want. For the new ship...a new concept.......put the tables on a conveyor belt. One rotation is 90 minutes. As your table passes food serving stations, you grab (I mean carefully take) what you would like. Sommelier stations are scattered between food stations. At the end, you get up and walk out and the conveyor takes the table and chairs through a large room with a vacuum which sucks the table cloth and anything on the table off....and then on to the robotized setting station....and voila....ready for the next folks. Very efficient...no more need for waiters (I bet that got the attention of whoever in Celebrity reads these posts). Think of it...no more "I want a table by the window" since all tables will pass a window at some point..or I want to sit in one of Sergio's tables. It's Modern Luxury!

I can only think of one negative.....If someone is joining you, you can't be seated at a table and wait for them....because your table keeps moving. Well, maybe there's another....getting to the Men's/Lady's room during dinner could be tricky...getting off and on that conveyor as you weave around tables. Minor kinks to work out. And a final thought...perhaps this will close the deal....if there is a surge of folks wanting to dine and they are short of tables, just speed up the conveyor to get folks who are dining out faster so you can seat the surge :)

We love the Sunset Bar that is just outside the buffet on all Celebrity ships. Love to eat breakfast and/or lunch there and enjoy the view of the aft part of the ship in the open air.

We recently did a cruise on Royal C. , Explorer of the Seas that didn't have this feature and we missed that.

I have some really radical ideas including :-

Designing bars staffed with enough bar staff so that you only have a short wait whilst ordering at the bar with enough of them to actually walk around offering table service regularly also.

In the restaurants I'd increase the number of tables so that those passengers with anytime dining can be seated and served in a reasonable time resulting in no need for beepers and 40 minute waits in a bar where you also struggle to get served sometimes. Again, you just add more staff....

More boring and mundane ideas include :-

I'd also add a plank. Passengers who rudely try to barge into elevators as people try to exit can then be made to walk it. Perhaps auctions could be held with the winners being the ones to push them over the Edge.

Clay pigeon / skeet shooting off the top deck whilst at sea. Just because.

I would replace the heli deck with a full blown carrier aircraft deck so that all the private planes could land and miss out that nasty embarkation routine. And if it's a big carrier deck it would be nice to have a couple of golf holes on it.

Lounge/bar with Big Band/Jazz and Blues band- smoke free

Keep the Sky lounge full width and open to everyone--not just for art auctions and private group functions

Exhaust fans in stateroom bathrooms

Menus that change based on the region sailed (med/carribbean/baltics/south america etc)

Better ventilation/filtration of the T pool (area smells of chlorine..and heavy chlorine use due to ...:o

Bonus pts for Captains Club for packages bought (specialty dining/bar package etc)

An up charge for early embarkation. No more priority boarding for suites, Aqua, or Captains Club. Priority boarding will come at a price, the more you pay, the earlier you can board.

Sounds like Carnival's FTTF.

Agree.,,bring back Michaels Club for all...and let someone actually play the pianos they have on board!

AMEN! You generally see Michael's Club virtually deserted now. I loved Michael's Club when us 'peons' :mad: were allowed in.

ROTFLMAO!! It's been a long and stressful day and this post really makes me feel better....so some suggestions:

I really like the parking meters on the pool deck...but instead of a fine, anyone who's flag goes up and they aren't sitting in their chair gets to walk the plank (see earlier post) but I think we should have a trial by jury first, which could be all volunteers or you could apply for jury duty to X but that would involve fees because we all know nothing is really free on any cruise ship.

Vending machines for things like an extra pillow or blanket, soap, shampoo, toilet paper, etc. Think of the revenue that could generate. $$$$$ :evilsmile:

A lottery to determine who gets to embark or disembark first. They could sell time slots and if you didn't have a ticket you got sent to the end of the line and had to start all over again......and no whining about missing your plane, you should have thought of that on the first day when the tickets were readily available for purchase or if you won one at bingo.

A special room below the crew quarters where all line dancing, zoomba and other dancersize classes would be held, freeing the main deck for quiet conversation or reading.

And seriously.....as the ships get bigger and bigger they need to add a third elevator station. On the M class ships there are 3: forward, midship and aft....the S class is larger and only has 2: midship and forward.

What I would really like is more and better live music. That means actual bands, not acoustic duets. I'd like a slightly bigger ship's orchestra and a dance floor that is not shared with photographers on chic nights. Let's bring back the reggae/calypso bands and let's have a genuine salsa/merengue/bachata band. Let's have a jazz combo. No more sleep inducing acoustic duets. I really mean it. Let's have dance bands with a larger repertoire so that they aren't playing the same set list every couple of nights.

I’m all for this, and I’d like a much larger dance floor, but I still want the Classical duos or string quartets.

Totally agree with you about the elevators Hydrokitty! I’ve always thought it ridiculous that they built larger ships, but cut 1/3 of the elevators. I find it most annoying on disembarkation day.

And wouldn’t it be nice to have one quiet area on the outside decks? Must they blare that Muzak in every public area, at all times?

I would like to see laundry rooms on every floor. Maybe card swipe to pay.

Any laundry room on X would be great. And swipe to pay so much better than having to bring a roll of quarters. I think it would generate more revenue than the current sending it out to the ship's laundry.

Sue

We love the Sunset Bar that is just outside the buffet on all Celebrity ships. Love to eat breakfast and/or lunch there and enjoy the view of the aft part of the ship in the open air.

We recently did a cruise on Royal C. , Explorer of the Seas that didn't have this feature and we missed that.

We have really missed this on the cruises we took on Princess and Royal.

Sue

I would replace the heli deck with a full blown carrier aircraft deck so that all the private planes could land and miss out that nasty embarkation routine. And if it's a big carrier deck it would be nice to have a couple of golf holes on it.

I spent my former life flying on and off those decks, and I DO NOT want one even near me again (I know, All Caps is yelling.......I’m yelling).

Den

Clay pigeon / skeet shooting off the top deck whilst at sea. Just because.

Believe it or not, X used to do this in the 90's.

Sue

Yes, they did have one until my 1998 cruise.....I accidently bagged two Albatross (very very Bad Luck!), a Blue-Footed Boobie (yes, I worked that back into the conversation) and winged a Medical Evacuation Helo.

Oh well.

Den