If you could design a ship what feature would you include?

Ox Fan Cruiser

No cabins, just camping under the stars. Naked Evening Chic, to stop all the rubbish about if shorts or t-shirts are allowed.

Vegans only restaurant next to the engine room because they are only loud about extolling the joins of veganism that they won't hear the engine noise.

Aqua class are those that have to ship behind the ship.

The two of you beat me to it! A dedicated full promenade deck, with no encroaching loungers, would be fabulous. I love the two bedroom, 2 bathroom suite idea as well. I would also include an intimate club featuring jazz, blues and chamber music.

I would make all toilets including the cabin bathrooms into pay toilets.....in order to maximize revenue by selling packages (buy by the day, the cruise, or by the flush). With a view to increasing cabin and food revenue.....in concert with aqua class that gives you included bottled water the first day...and concierge class that offers a dedicated concierge, I would add food class cabins that included meals (now that I think of it, I guess we could have toilet class cabins as well...TBD by the accountants.

If you aren't in one of those "modern luxury" cabins, then you will be required to take "go cheap" fares which are more flexible "pay as you go" dining package which will include an automat type facility, another dining area with 108 vending machines and a self service machine in the MDR where you can look at the menu and order your meal..paying on the spot with cash or credit card and handing the ticket to your waiter.

Note: Go cheap fares will not be combinable with the stockholder benefit, just like today's good/better/best fares.

BTW, I disagree with the promenade suggestion because that would be non revenue producing space. All public seating will be on timed benches...

And then I'd add a "pick your own" space....strawberries, peaches, blueberries......which monetizes the space now used for lawns.....of course there will be a charge to pick.

I have to give credit where credit is due....my unnmaed source within Celebrity told me confidentially that all of the above were considered when designing the edge class.

The two of you beat me to it! A dedicated full promenade deck, with no encroaching loungers, would be fabulous. I love the two bedroom, 2 bathroom suite idea as well. I would also include an intimate club featuring jazz, blues and chamber music.

you see some bedroom suites where 1 room is large & glamorous & the others is nothing more than a large closet with a bed in it.

I would make all toilets including the cabin bathrooms into pay toilets.....in order to maximize revenue by selling packages (buy by the day, the cruise, or by the flush). With a view to increasing cabin and food revenue.....in concert with aqua class that gives you inc

BTW, I disagree with the promenade suggestion because that would be non revenue producing space. All public seating will be on timed benches....

The Promenade deck could be a revenue producer if they charged per lap, or offered a walking package. The Classical Package would be for 5 laps, the Premium would be up to 15.

The Promenade deck could be a revenue producer if they charged per lap, or offered a walking package. The Classical Package would be for 5 laps, the Premium would be up to 15.

And to appeal to their target audience, Celebrity could offer discounted Junior rates (a twist on senior rates) for the under 50's. Probably a small loss of revenue given the number of folks that would qualify, but it makes for great advertising copy.....

They could put a "parking Meter" on each lounge chair. If the charge is high enough, that will free up some chairs from the hogs. Use your Sea Pass card; if you have two reserved, one in the sun and one in the shade, there is a penalty charge assessed.

Parking Bays for motor scooters with two payable meters, one for parking and the other for chargeing the scooter. Also for motor scooter users compulsory third party insurance (only available through X) to cover medical bills for those who have been run down.

Go kart course - just for scooters.

Pub crawl with scooter.

Art classes "**** my Scooter".

All revenue generation

What I would really like is more and better live music. That means actual bands, not acoustic duets. I'd like a slightly bigger ship's orchestra and a dance floor that is not shared with photographers on chic nights. Let's bring back the reggae/calypso bands and let's have a genuine salsa/merengue/bachata band. Let's have a jazz combo. No more sleep inducing acoustic duets. I really mean it. Let's have dance bands with a larger repertoire so that they aren't playing the same set list every couple of nights.

Agree.,,bring back Michaels Club for all...and let someone actually play the pianos they have on board!

What I would really like is more and better live music. That means actual bands, not acoustic duets. I'd like a slightly bigger ship's orchestra and a dance floor that is not shared with photographers on chic nights. Let's bring back the reggae/calypso bands and let's have a genuine salsa/merengue/bachata band. Let's have a jazz combo. No more sleep inducing acoustic duets. I really mean it. Let's have dance bands with a larger repertoire so that they aren't playing the same set list every couple of nights.

Agree 100 %... and no more endless loop wierd music tapes, rap tapes/ DJs..glad they are being phased out...

In the realm of reality I'd like to see a large ship cruise line like Celebrity mimic the cabin design of RSSC's Navigator/Voyager on a ship carrying roughly 2000 passengers - separate tub and shower, walk in closet, full sized sofa in sitting area, cabin that's actually wide enough to walk around bed, etc. additionally I'd like to see the bathrooms have dual sinks and the shower door be mostly frosted glass (maybe just clear at top and bottom). Would be nice if all balconies were deep enough for two chairs, footstools and a dining height table. Even interior rooms would feature these design elements, with perhaps the exception of only a single sink. All interior rooms would feature virtual balcony technology as well.

Additionally I'd design a ship with a larger number of designated solo cabins in multiple categories - inside, oceanview, balcony and suites. Have a few solo balcony rooms designated as concierge /aqua as well. Solo rooms would be shower/tub combo, single sink, standard closet, double (full) sized fixed bed and have a smaller sitting area with chair/ottoman. More of a square shape rather than rectangular and be placed where the internal section is wider (elevator/stairs, etc). Solo suites would be minimally larger than the balcony rooms but come with suite privileges.

Of course larger rooms would result in a lower passenger density and higher fares but man would those kind of accommodations be a selling point!

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

yes, yes, a thousand times yes. In other words, like Celebrity used to be

An up charge for early embarkation. No more priority boarding for suites, Aqua, or Captains Club. Priority boarding will come at a price, the more you pay, the earlier you can board.

1 million times NO!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

An up charge for early embarkation. No more priority boarding for suites, Aqua, or Captains Club. Priority boarding will come at a price, the more you pay, the earlier you can board.

Oh no! Please don't do that.

What a dreadful idea! clear.png?emoji-loudcry-1721

It would spoil the embarkation process for those of us who enjoy sleeping in on embarkation morning, having a leisurely breakfast, and arriving at the port later in the day, after the mad rush is over.

We enjoy our late boarding, walking right through security and check-in with no lines or crowds and no sitting around waiting at all.

Have you no respect for tradition?

Why would you want to ruin the chaos of early morning long lines and crowds (a time honored embarkation day tradition).

All the passengers who don't want to pay your early embarkation up charge would then be boarding later at "our" time, holding us up and slowing us down instead of already being on board and out of our way, as they are supposed to be. clear.png?emoji-eek-1725

There are some great ideas here.......I like the real Promenda deck, but hate the ‘pay for play’ for it! I always plan on walking the deck for miles each day and then end up sitting on the balcony counting how long the flying fish can stay up and trying to see another Blue-Footed Boobie! And as usual, pay fo not-playing!!

I would like a large gameroom that isn’t open to the rest of the ship’s noise as is on the S-Class and non-existent on the M-Class and on the E-Class.....?????. We love to play cards and talk and enjoy, but many of the best areas I love to play in, I keep seeing ‘lectures’ on various threads of how we are to drink our coffee and leave immediately so everyone else can sit there 1/2 the day sitting listening to a full band....love the music, but I play bad enough without trying to keep time to the music.

OK. Enough. Reaching the geezer level, I just need more quite places to sit and try to remember what I’m suppose to remember, such as don’t wear black socks and oxfords with my shorts, and such.

By the way ghstuidio, you sugggested pay toilets and then suggested a ‘pay as you go’ dining package......shouldn’t it have been a ‘pay as you go’ toilets package?????

Den