Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

46 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

in honor of Nurses Week!!

YES, Spins, honoring nurses this week is very, very important.  And, especially now, this recognition is needed more than ever.  My wife is an RN and it is good to have her watching over me.

Below is a picture from the Today Show this week that featured a friend's daughter.  With the masks and shields, nurses are harder to recognize currently compared to the "old days" as shown with that picture of a nurse who had survived three different ship incidents.  Interesting picture and history by Spins.  Excellent, interesting sharing!!  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Below is a visual from NBC's Today Show as they did a profile to honor nurses.  A good friend and neighbor from here in Columbus let me know that his daughter was featured in this visual.  She is on the middle right with the yellow on her face mask.  She works the ER as a RN at Lenox Hill Hospital on the upper east side in Manhattan.  My friend has shared the stories about the challenges his daughter faced during recent weeks there in NYC.:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these pictures larger/better!)

1523816204_ScreenShot2020-05-08at1_26_53PM.thumb.png.c03e7ed3f5044f30b44ec75f4f380d0d.png

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TLCOhio said:

For a little different style of comedy, I am putting the spotlight this morning on Rita Rudner.  Anyone remember her??  Compared to Joan Rivers, Rita's style was much more "thoughtful" and subtle.  .................................................

Gee  ...  that takes  me back,   we saw Rita  in Vegas probably in the late 80s .   I remember it was a great show !! 

Edited by rojaan19
typo
  • Like 1

Hi friends, just not in the mode of posting too much on here but thought I would say hello.  Trying to adjust to things.

My feet are still swollen. The Dr said he wants to wait for my lab results to come back before he gives me any new

meds to reduce the swelling. He said to try to keep my feet up when home and use compression socks. I had labs

done Thursday morning  (really early) because I had to fast before. Hoping the results will be in Monday.

Terry, lovely picture and a BIG Thank you to the Nurses....

Have a good weekend and Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms, Grandmas, etc...…..

6 hours ago, rojaan19 said:

Gee  ...  that takes  me back,   we saw Rita  in Vegas probably in the late 80s .   I remember it was a great show !! 

Great that Lois posted and correctly gave a shout-out for tomorrow being that highly-important MOTHERS DAY!!  Yea for our Moms, Grandmothers, etc.!!  Unfortunately, we are still in a mostly locked-down situation and I cannot take my wife out for Mothers Day dining. But, we'll make good alternative arrangements.

Nice to know that our Aussie friend, rojaan19, had attended a Rita Rudner program in Las Vegas and super enjoyed her.  We attended one of her programs in Central Ohio many years back and loved her performance.  Sadly these days, many comedy folks either get too blue and/or are too negative/nasty.  Her style/approach lets our brain work a little in order to experience . . . the FUN!!  Below are a couple more from Rita. More to come.  We need more excitement these days!!  Rita understands men and husbands well

813266819_ScreenShot2020-05-09at10_08_28AM.thumb.png.06b4fe3f6ef4331434be7e54cb6a7956.png

216372320_ScreenShot2020-05-09at10_07_53AM.thumb.png.f674ba0d98f9cba81084e89f46e6382c.png

Lois.

Put the compression socks on before you get out of bed in the morning.

The minute you put your legs in a dependent position you are already dealing with some swelling.

So put the socks on your bedside table or under your pillow. Then you will remember to put them on first!

Hi Spins, thanks...…..I actually slept in them...….took them off this morning to take a shower and forgot to put a new 

pair on:classic_blink:…..I have been in a lazy boy with my feet up though. He said to try and keep my feet up...….that is easy

enough but then I fall asleep while watching tv...…..what a boring day.:classic_rolleyes:

Greetings Coolers!

Happy Mother's Day to all mums celebrating today!  Hope you feel the love even if the current virus nastiness prevents you from spending today with your family.

Today's funny.....

unnamed.jpg.a85db259d583150863972bc34e5f65c7.jpg

Have a great safe day all!

• Like 1

As another "classic", "oldie but goodie" comedy star from the past, I am sharing a couple items below from Henny Youngman.  His most famous line was "Take my wife . . . please!"  

Anyone remember him?  Never saw him in person.  But, remember him from the Ed Sullivan show, etc.  Per Wikipedia: "Youngman's routine consisted of telling simple one-liner jokes, occasionally with interludes of violin playing. These depicted simple, cartoon-like situations, eliminating lengthy build-ups and going straight to the punch line. He was known as' 'the King of One-Liners'.  Youngman was born in London, England in 1906. His family moved to Brooklyn when he was a child and grew up in New York City.  He began as a comedian after he had worked for years at a print shop, where he wrote 'comedy cards' containing one-line gags. The comedy cards were discovered by up-and-coming comedian Milton Berle, who encouraged Youngman."  Henny died in 1998 at age 92.

Youngman's wife was often the butt of his jokes  This included: "My wife said to me, 'For our anniversary I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen!'".  Or: "My wife's cooking is fit for a king. (Gesturing as if feeding an invisible dog.) Here, King; here, King!" 

Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise from Copenhagen, July 2010, to the top of Europe. Wonderful scenic visuals with key tips. Live/blog at 239,283

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

950562058_ScreenShot2020-05-10at10_05_58AM.thumb.png.f3a57e399e5476861eab77e4b605ddf0.png

1627914315_ScreenShot2020-05-10at10_06_12AM.thumb.png.5504c7875581173e69e9e453f5277a8c.png

On 5/8/2020 at 1:37 PM, jpalbny said:

That nurse needs (needed) a new career...Maybe the sailor's life wasn't for her!

She reminds me of Silversea's Moss, albeit, it seems like Moss was always the last to leave the sinking ship.  Front line and end of the line, heroes nonetheless.

• Like 3

On Mother's Day, a little more from a female voice . . . Rita Rudner!!  Rita is now age 66 and with her husband, Martin Bergman, a British producer, they have a daughter, Molly.

1839358831_ScreenShot2020-05-10at10_52_26AM.thumb.png.c0d086fd13e5652949da7af6c3651c22.png

938082339_ScreenShot2020-05-10at10_52_44AM.thumb.png.bae56481297e4b1b2415dec376ccc07d.png

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Good morning and I also want to wish the Moms, Grandma's, etc.....a Happy Day...

YES, for Happy Mother's Day.  Below are a couple of pictures from last year's Mother's Day program for the local Homeless Coalition to honor those living under more challenging conditions.  My wife is active to organize this activity, but this year's effort had to be scrubbed due to the virus.

CMA_1518.jpeg.77ee4454d715bbac75d86605576deff4.jpeg

CMA_1535.jpeg.28c9db120fcbb213c6f337108211aeed.jpeg

• Like 1

With the news this morning of the passing at age 92 of Jerry Stiller (as starring in Seinfeld, etc.), here below are a couple of items from two top classic voices from the comedy world history.

W.C. Fields was little before my time, but George Carlin was a personal favorite from his many TV performances, etc.  Did see George once in person in a show at Lake Tahoe.  Such funny stories with great twists by Carlin.  Great observer of "small things" and word meanings happening to us in everyday life.  Others have memories and/or connections with these three comedy voices?

Sydney to NZ/Auckland Adventure, live/blog 2014 sampling/details with many exciting visuals and key highlights.  On page 23, post #571, see a complete index for all of the pictures, postings.  Now at 230,005 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

1997960150_ScreenShot2020-05-11at8_06_03AM.thumb.png.c4e9cc56cf2e612483598ea697d36c84.png

1966723788_ScreenShot2020-05-11at8_06_26AM.thumb.png.7b2d7f8a341299f5765e4842cb3b1242.png

• Like 1