Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

6 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Hope they are bonding ok TTS

They have their moments. The little one gets a good telling off from the big one when she gets too boisterous. 

Edited by Tothesunset

16 hours ago, spinnaker2 said:

Love this photo.  Such adorable dogs

YES!!  Super cute and lovable dogs.  Keep us posted in sharing more details and added visuals. Below are a couple more comedy classics from Henny Youngman. 

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

1277033707_ScreenShot2020-05-12at9_33_38AM.thumb.png.9283219a5d7c531eb8a0b0c7f4ca972d.png

296155753_ScreenShot2020-05-12at9_33_56AM.thumb.png.e91fcbd7234404f68dc89da943bb8078.png

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

The dogs are beautiful but that little one? OMG...…...I could hug her right now and it would probably make me

feel better:classic_smile:

I'm trying to formulate a business plan... 

No. No good. She's all mine! 

• Haha 2

It's interesting to note the difference in temperament between them. The black one is a show breed (if anyone remembers the lab puppies from the Andrex ads, he is from the breeder that provided them) and was a bit strong-willed, independent and self - reliant. He's grown up into a lovely, soft animal but lacks the retriever and swimming instincts. 

The little one is from a strong working line. She's smaller, follows me like a shadow and even at 9 weeks is remarkably keen to please. Her parents are field trained and impeccably obedient. 

Its going to be fun watching them grow together. I bet the little one ends up leading the big guy! 

• Like 1

Hi all its my first time on this cruise critic board so please bear with me!!!

I am always reading your posts & always think oh no why are they asking that....

My husband says don't get involved with that subject , but do I listen??? No !!!

Anyway just enrolled today so be gentle with me, 

My husband & I have been cruising since 1989 first cruise rcccl  Miami 7 nights & apart from the normal Spanish/Italian holidays this was wow, had about 25 with royal Caribbean which at that time was best for us ,young foolish but happy.

After seeing a old BBC holiday program in 2005 we arrived at the pinnacle of cruising

Silver wind Oct 2005 well have never looked back, to lots of you out there I now itinerary is very important to you but most of the time for us it's being on the ship & meeting so many interesting people, I drive my husband mad with talking to so many of you lovely silversea people,  and dancing the night away ,we had ( sorry crystal cruise for sept 2020 which we have transferred to 2022!!!) But have booked the moon when we were on board silver spirit sept 29th 2019 fabulous cruise celebrating 25 years silversea for Oct 2021 which I hope will go ahead?? Well if any of you have meet me you will probably know who I am !! Husband always on another table / sunbed hee hee ( he luvs me really)

Anyway hope I will get the jist of this page   🤔

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lvshack said:

Hi all its my first time on this cruise critic board so please bear with me!!!

I am always reading your posts & always think oh no why are they asking that....

My husband says don't get involved with that subject , but do I listen??? No !!!  Anyway just enrolled today so be gentle with me.  Anyway hope I will get the jist of this page   

Welcome, UK neighbor!!  Glad that you have come on board.  Yes, you "get it".  Don't be shy with any comments, questions, sharing, etc.  Have been to wonderful Bath.  Great history, architecture, people, etc. there.   More later.  Need to do now a couple different Zoom/conference call meetings.  

27 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Welcome to the boards Lvshack 🙂

Thanks to Terry in Ohio& daveywavey70 ( didn't say where you are from but thanks for welcoming me on board ) in week 8 now of lock down & so bored , keep looking at cruise calendar but who knows when & what is install for us cruisers....🚢🍾🍾 X

17 minutes ago, Lvshack said:

Thanks to Terry in Ohio& daveywavey70 ( didn't say where you are from but thanks for welcoming me on board ) in week 8 now of lock down & so bored , keep looking at cruise calendar but who knows when & what is install for us cruisers....🚢🍾🍾 X

YES, that feeling of "locked down and so bored" is a serious challenge.  Am in Columbus, Ohio, the State Capital city in this Midwestern state of 11.7 million people.  

My sense is that, maybe, if and if, it will not be till late this year or early next year that some form of partial cruise schedules return.  As posted on another thread on this Board, a top Silversea executive made clear that much needs to happen.  This includes with airlines restoring services, countries opening back up, testing becoming easy to do, consumer confidence being restored, etc., etc.   It will not happen in just another month or two. 

Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise from Copenhagen, July 2010, to the top of Europe. Wonderful scenic visuals with key tips. Live/blog at 239,355

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Are these views/sights from your town of Bath?  Was there in 1998 to see the Roman historic sights, the special architecture there, etc.:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these pictures larger/better!)

01007_n_9aeu76nwm2687.jpeg.7257933627fa24824b0b03ab96c6038a.jpeg

01013_n_9aeu76nwm2693.jpeg.99d8b7bd08d497c663738cc9e20883b9.jpeg

Lovely photos of bath Terry,it's all on my doorstep 😉 I'm blessed to have a lovely place 

To spend time ( not at the moment!!😞) I'm in-between bath & beautiful Bradford on Avon

So many places to eat&drink

I love reading all the funny stories people are posting but would rather be reading cruise stories , hope to soon, thanks for my welcome to the site 

Welcome lvshack.

And happy memories of the B52s.

The cooler is a little different.

"The original reason for creating it was for off topic and conversational discussion not related to Silversea cruises. Therefore any and all discussion about Silversea no matter what it is needs to be posted on the main cruise line forum."

The above is according to host Laura.

We can talk about anything on this site. Hence our cartoons food photos etc...

If it's anecdotes directly related to Silversea you are looking for one must start a new thread. 

Edited by spinnaker2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1