Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Just came in from a concert by Judy Collins in our adjacent mini-city of Hopewell, VA, USA.  We are actually about 20 miles south of Richmond.

A couple months back, we went to a concert by Roger McGuinn (of the Byrds) in the same venue.

Both were fantastic.

Just bring this up in case any coolers might also live near a venue where these great musicians, of good times gone by, might appear.

Recommendation: go see them!  They are (at least these 2) still professional, incredibly talented, and the memories brought a tear to my eye.  Ms. Collins, 82 yo, was magical. 

• Like 10

We saw Judy Collins in a small local venue in 2019 - she was a hoot!  Obviously great voice, but also a compelling story teller, with long history in the business, knew EVERYBODY, was the subject of the CSNY song "Suite - Judy Blue Eyes".  One of the most enjoyable concerts I've ever been to.  Probably more talking than singing, actually, but that was fine - she was entertaining almost like a Vaudeville act.  I see Roger McGuinn is still making the rounds in his old age, and he is similar in stature to JC, a former session musician, a folkie before the Beatles came along, and for a while the Byrds were considered America's answer to the Beatles.  He attracted a lot of wonderful musicians, and was responsible for "country rock", merging rock & roll and country, famously recording the influential Sweetheart of the Rodeo in Nashville.  (Many old Nashville hands weren't too happy to see these long hairs invading their turf, by the way.)  Bob Dylan's Nashville Skyline came out of the same era. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, CurlerRob said:

image.png.3f2de811a4007f5c4298707d16fd9b56.png

🍺🥌

I love your post.....this week was VERY Stressful for me.....I have been in the hospital since Monday and just got home today...........

That wine looks really good about now.......(thankfully I will be ok)..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Emtbsam said:

Lois - so sorry to hear you have been sick.  Here’s hoping you feel much better soon!

Thanks so much, had kidney stone surgery on Tuesday.......my numbers went thru the roof and the Dr told me I had to go to the ER pronto........they put in a stent too. That should be removed next week. I am feeling much better. Thanks 

• Like 6

10 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Glad you are on the mend, Lois! Hope all goes smoothly from here. 

Thanks so much JP,.....my Doc is a gem.....she saw BAD numbers and thankfully took good care of of me. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lincslady said:

Me too, Lois, kidney stones are not funny.  Just make sure you are fit and well enough by the time your next cruise comes along (probably not long, I guess).

Lola

Hi Lola,nope, not funny at all........the stone was putting my numbers in a place nobody wants to be in.................

13 hours ago, Lois R said:

Thanks so much, had kidney stone surgery on Tuesday.......my numbers went thru the roof and the Dr told me I had to go to the ER pronto........they put in a stent too. That should be removed next week. I am feeling much better. Thanks 

Sorry to hear, Lois, of the kidney stone and stent challenges.  But, glad you are out of the hospital and recovering, feeling better.  Having had kidney stones, a stent three years ago, plus knee and hip replacements, the good news for all of us is that in most cases this modern medicine works very well and allows fully recovery.  

Keep up the good healing to get ready for your next adventure!!

Where next and when?

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

1 hour ago, TLCOhio said:

Sorry to hear, Lois, of the kidney stone and stent challenges.  But, glad you are out of the hospital and recovering, feeling better.  Having had kidney stones, a stent three years ago, plus knee and hip replacements, the good news for all of us is that in most cases this modern medicine works very well and allows fully recovery.  

Keep up the good healing to get ready for your next adventure!!

Where next and when?

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Hi Terry, I have nothing upcoming....😮..I have the Ray booked but not till end of 2024........not sure what I am going to do, to be honest with you. Things are in a funky place for me at  the moment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Things are in a funky place for me at  the moment.

Give yourself time Lois.  We all wish you the best.  I do hope you'll feel better soon.

In the meantime, don't be like me and this lady: 

image.thumb.png.9f85947c103584b493efcf683cc02b7c.png

credit:  History for the witty 2.0

Edited by QueSeraSera
add credit
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5