Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

3 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

It's not raining here! BBQ tonight. 

I’m more impressed by this optical illusion; a chardonnay stem full of gin with a barely opened bottle next to it. 😆

Edited by Stumblefoot
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Lois, I'm answering you now from MS Edge (I usually use Chrome). I almost never use Edge since I have an Android phone with Chrome, so that what I use on Windows too. But it (Edge) seems to work for me. Hope you get an answer on your other thread, and let us know what you find out. 

Hi JP,  Kat (one of the moderators) told me I need to email the HELP DESK about it.  I haven't decided if I am going to do it or not.  As you said, Chrome does do the job.

6 minutes ago, mysty said:

I am really enjoying your sense of humour zqtchas!  Henceforth to save keystrokes I will call you "z".  Hope that will not offend you!  ☺️

thanks & z is ok. or chas or charles.  I try to not over do it!!

Edited by zqtchas

1 hour ago, Stumblefoot said:

I’m more impressed by this optical illusion; a chardonnay stem full of gin with a barely opened bottle next to it. 😆

Rather than a "chardonnay stem",  it is a "copa de balon". 

From the fever-tree website:

The Spanish use a copa glass to serve gin and tonic - it's a big balloon glass that lets the wonderful aromas of the drink's botanicals be released, adding an extra level of flavour. https://fever-tree.com/en_US/cocktails/gin-and-tonic

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Daveywavey70 said:

It's not raining here! BBQ tonight. 

20200525_181226.jpg

Table for two l iuv my table cloth... Nothing fancy & I'm not a wine buff, drink anything & to anything 😉 weather here is beautiful 😎

IMG_20200419_152156.jpg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, FlyingScotSailors said:

From the fever-tree website:

The Spanish use a copa glass to serve gin and tonic - it's a big balloon glass that lets the wonderful aromas of the drink's botanicals be released, adding an extra level of flavour. https://fever-tree.com/en_US/cocktails/gin-and-tonic

Well spotted FSS. I Always prefer my gin in a Copa, even when it's just cooking gin like this one 🙂

• Like 1

JP......if you are still here,  I sliced my eggplants and salted both sides.......they are now sitting being covered up

by paper towels.  How long do you usually leave them before taking the salt off and getting ready for the rest

of the recipe?🙂

20 minutes ago, Lvshack said:

Table for two l iuv my table cloth... Nothing fancy & I'm not a wine buff, drink anything & to anything 😉 weather here is beautiful 😎

IMG_20200419_152156.jpg

Lovely looking table!🙂

1 hour ago, FlyingScotSailors said:

I appreciate the education, FlyingScotSailors.  As a wine afficiando, I’m new to the world of “adult” cocktails as my exploration began during Covid-19’s stay-at-home orders and as such, tend to view the nuances of cocktail glassware through the singular lens of fine wine stemware as shown below.  So, in this vein, I thank you as my education to date has been solely provided by JPAlbany, whom I am sure appreciates your help in educating this noob.  😁

C700BE9F-B7FD-4275-A619-D1AB7586098B.thumb.jpeg.1f3059bb49f38509457b126c25f07451.jpeg

2 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

20200525_181226.jpg

Edited by Stumblefoot
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Lois R said:

JP......if you are still here,  I sliced my eggplants and salted both sides.......they are now sitting being covered up

by paper towels.  How long do you usually leave them before taking the salt off and getting ready for the rest

of the recipe?🙂

30 to 60 minutes is fine, Lois. 

5 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

30 to 60 minutes is fine, Lois. 

I just put  in the oven🙂........I did let them sit for about 30 minutes.........

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mysty said:

is this a vision test TTSS?  I got to the 4th line down.  Do I need specs?  ☺️

Our PM's political adviser was caught breaking lockdown rules by driving himself and his family to his parents' house in Durham. He was later spotted in the town of Barnard Castle, 30 miles away, but claims he thought his eyesight had been affected by a recent illness so went for a drive to make sure his sight was good enough for the 265 mile trip back to London. During this 30 mile excursion he was so concerned about his ability to drive that he took his wife and 4-year-old child and had a walk along the river. 

Seriously, I'm not kidding. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dawntrdr said:

Thanks, Terry!  That is very similar to the guess my (medical student) daughter made.  She thought it was a grackle with a genetic pigmentation problem, and that's what leucism is, more or less.  We do have the occasional standard grackle.

On a different topic, is that the Ohio State Capitol building in the background of your photograph?

YES, to our western Pennsylvania "neighbor", you win the prize for your correct guess/speculation.   That building in the background of my small picture is Ohio's State Capitol.  Below is a picture of the larger view from my office window on the 12th floor of the building south of Capitol Square. Ohio's State Capitol was built in the 1840-60 period and has some a couple good Abraham Lincoln connection.  In early 1861 on his way to Washington, he stopped in Columbus and spoke to a joint session of the Ohio Legislature. During the time he was in the Ohio Governor's office on that day, Lincoln received a telegram telling him that the election had been certified by the Electoral College and that he was officially the President-elect. Four years and two months later, Lincoln would lie in state in the Ohio Capitol Rotunda after his assassination.  His body traveled back through Columbus on the way to Illinois for burial.

Glad the info matches up with your daughter's understand for the identity of that bird. 

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Sydney to NZ/Auckland Adventure, live/blog 2014 sampling/details with many exciting visuals and key highlights.  On page 23, post #571, see a complete index for all of the pictures, postings.  Now at 230,112 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

View in Columbus of the State Capital of Ohio, Capital Square, the main downtown's various banks and office buildings, etc.:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these pictures larger/better!)

CMB_7205.jpeg.0c60d68a74681cd5c4377b25fa208870.jpeg

• Like 1