Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Hi Lois.  Choice seems to be shrinking in health plans and we are pawns.  When I was working, GHI would play chicken with the major hospital group in this area every time their contract was up for renewal – risking leaving us with only the worst choices – and both sides asked us to lobby the other!  Medicare opened things up nicely:  GHI's silver plan pays the 20% whenever Medicare pays its 80%, regardless of provider.  With our drug policy we are the opposite of you: locked in to CVS (and its mail service Caremark) only.  Caremark had been very reliable, but their shipping point is near Philadelphia and lately everything that goes near Philly gets sucked into a black hole and drops off the USPS radar for a week or two before suddenly turning up.  If a doctor is slow to authorize a renewal, that shipping delay can leave me near my last pill!

I am not old enough for Medicare yet.  But I get your point....what works for one person 

is not always good for someone else.   Fortunately it looks like things will work out for me

on this one---at least for this year!

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

I am not old enough for Medicare yet

I thank the lord above I am eligible... the 80% of bills Medicare pays plus plan F pays for my pacer replacement and all medical bills I incur  ....while not frequent there are some years my health care totals can be more than 60K before insurance but with Medicare and supplemental our costs are minimal..

We are blessed.....

Joseph

• Like 2

Just to answer from a few messages about heath care & policies I'm truly grateful & thankful for our national health service ... Here in the United Kingdom...

With my cancer treatment followed by stem cell transplant it was all done on the NHS..

( I know we contribute towards throughout our working lives but it remains a life saver to so many ) 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Emtbsam said:

My mother used to run into Betty White at the supermarket near Chappaqua all the time after Allen’s death.  They had a nodding acquaintance for many years.  She always wore the heart necklace.

Super appreciate ALL of these great comments and follow-ups about Betty White.  She's been very fun and always highly interesting!! 

From the London/UK Daily Mail today, they had this headline: “ 'I can stay up as late as I want without asking permission!' Betty White marks her 99th birthday and reveals her celebratory plans” with these highlights: “For her birthday bite, Betty revealed she would tuck into a hot dog and French fries, brought over by her enduring friend, agent Jeff Witjas, who also gifted her a bouquet of roses.  The Golden Girls icon shared that she was feeling in fine fettle in the run-up to her monumental birthday.   'I am blessed with good health so turning 99 is no different than turning 98,' she told People, noting the importance of 'a sense of humour.'  The actress said wisely: 'Don't take yourself too seriously. You can lie to others - not that I would - but you cannot lie to yourself.' ”

Full story at:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9156543/I-stay-late-want-without-asking-permission-Betty-White-marks-99th-birthday.html

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Completed 2019 summer with Calgary, Jasper/Banff National Parks, Western Canada Rocky Mountaineer rail adventure, Vancouver, sailing up to Alaska on Silver Musse, post-cruise excursion to Denali, etc.  Many visuals and details from our first in these scenic areas!  Live/blog: 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2682584-live-terryohio-silver-muse-alaska-canadarockies-pix’s/

657104798_ScreenShot2021-01-16at2_00_07PM.thumb.png.e7d60819295d6e8dc02e53ff3e658ef8.png

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Lvshack said:

Just to answer from a few messages about heath care & policies I'm truly grateful & thankful for our national health service ... Here in the United Kingdom...

With my cancer treatment followed by stem cell transplant it was all done on the NHS..

( I know we contribute towards throughout our working lives but it remains a life saver to so many ) 

Couldn’t agree more...the best service in the world saved my life after a heart attack in 1993 and still here with a lovely family and able to enjoy Silversea cruising ,when they are allowed to go again, for the past 22 years.NHS has been and continues to be the most valuable thing we have contributed to and long may it continue.A big thank you to all NHS staff currently fighting the Pandemic on behalf of all UK citizens 

• Like 1