Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Well yesterday was frustrating,  we had been without water since 7:00am  (a fairly common occurrence round here) and electricity cuts throughout the day 

However a cheese soufflé was on the menu for last night. It went into the preheated oven for 30 mins, after 25 mins I  checked to see how it was progressing only to see zero rise. Turns out the gas bottle had run out (at what point of the cooking I have no idea).  So into the yard to disconnect the BBQ bottle and do the changeover.  Once the oven was again up to temp the soufflé cooked for another 20 mins and surprise surprise achieved a perfect rise and fluffiness. However, as we sat down to eat and the electricity went, so we had a candlelit cheese soufflé supper which was actually very nice. Had to leave the dishes to pile up along with the lunch stuff. The power came back a few hours later but went again after half and hour. This is really not a good time for these cuts as we are experiencing daily temps in the mid 30’s centigrade range.

So at one point we had no power, no water and no gas, think that was a first. The water came back during the night at some point but was cut again at around 7:00 this morning. Really hoping it comes back  sometime today.  On the plus side we do have power and I bought another bottle gas for the BBQ so maybe some grilled meat tonight and plenty of cold beers.

3 hours ago, Reef Knot said:

Well yesterday was frustrating,  we had been without water since 7:00am  (a fairly common occurrence round here) and electricity cuts throughout the day 

However a cheese soufflé was on the menu for last night. It went into the preheated oven for 30 mins, after 25 mins I  checked to see how it was progressing only to see zero rise. Turns out the gas bottle had run out (at what point of the cooking I have no idea).  So into the yard to disconnect the BBQ bottle and do the changeover.  Once the oven was again up to temp the soufflé cooked for another 20 mins and surprise surprise achieved a perfect rise and fluffiness. However, as we sat down to eat and the electricity went, so we had a candlelit cheese soufflé supper which was actually very nice. Had to leave the dishes to pile up along with the lunch stuff. The power came back a few hours later but went again after half and hour. This is really not a good time for these cuts as we are experiencing daily temps in the mid 30’s centigrade range.

So at one point we had no power, no water and no gas, think that was a first. The water came back during the night at some point but was cut again at around 7:00 this morning. Really hoping it comes back  sometime today.  On the plus side we do have power and I bought another bottle gas for the BBQ so maybe some grilled meat tonight and plenty of cold beers.

WOW Reef!  Hope today goes much better than yesterday!  The candlelit soufflé dinner sounds awesome though!   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jpalbny said:

And that's the second dose!

20210115_152347.thumb.jpg.bb25391be98829b3ef0bcdfa393b20ac.jpg

Not bad for a one-handed selfie? I had to be careful not to move, with the needle in my other arm.

Hi JP, glad you were able to get that taken care of!  Looks like the rest of us are going to have

quite a long wait.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jpalbny said:

And that's the second dose!

20210115_152347.thumb.jpg.bb25391be98829b3ef0bcdfa393b20ac.jpg

Not bad for a one-handed selfie? I had to be careful not to move, with the needle in my other arm.

Oh my jpalbny I guess I'm slow on the uptake but I guess your a Dr ??? Ouch but I'm used to picks ..having a blood cancer ( myeloma) I'm still here after my diagnosis 2013 age 57..

Stem cell transplant 2014 I'm still here !!! Lots more cruising to do!!! I'm due here in the UK first jab by middle Feb !!! Watch this space... Sending all the coolers best wishes and hope all don't kick off next week!!!

• Like 3

Good morning coolers, Jazz, nice to see you again. Hope things in your neck of the woods

are going well.

Boy, when you change insurance plans it is like something out of this world😦.....I had no clue

that my plan (under Florida Blue) is not contracted to CVS this year👎.......I went to refill one 

of my meds and my pharmacist (who I have now known for many years) came around to the

counter after trying to fill my RX...she said CVS is not on that plan.....fortunately for me, 

my Publix is contracted on it. For anyone who does not know, Publix is a really good grocery

store and I am a Publix shopper😃 So, I went to Publix and thankfully was able to use them.

It was just a real shock...I have been using CVS for years and years AND years! 

And one of my meds is a "Specialty Medication" and Publix cannot fill it. So....Blue Cross

told me there is another Pharmacy I need to use called Accredo.   That was another story.

But after 2.5 days of going back and forth, I was able to finally get these meds filled too. 

This is a medicine that has to be shipped to me and hopefully going forward things will go

more smoothly!

Quite the tangled mess, isn't it, Lois? Glad it's sorted out. 

No side effects yet from dose #2. Probably too early. It will start to hit me by tomorrow, I suspect.

Lazy weekend planned here. The weather is quite icky, cold and rainy. Not much other news. We will see if I get motivated to cook something nice later.

• Like 1

As always, lots of interesting medical updates and details from Lois, J.P., etc., plus very good funnies.  More to share later this morning.  

In central Ohio this morning, we had a nice snow frosting that looked interesting.  Below is one of our background visitors out early, working and preparing for winter.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

This squirrel visitor this morning to our backyard looks fairly full, but is still out working to round up more for the long winter.  You can see a little of that snow that frosted our area this morning.  Looked nice!!:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these visuals larger/better!)

CMC_2270.jpeg.17f1e2bf72f04716f09a01728969ade7.jpeg

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Quite the tangled mess, isn't it, Lois? Glad it's sorted out. 

No side effects yet from dose #2. Probably too early. It will start to hit me by tomorrow, I suspect.

Lazy weekend planned here. The weather is quite icky, cold and rainy. Not much other news. We will see if I get motivated to cook something nice later.

JP, 

think positive thoughts like go mRNA!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tomorrow is the 99th birthday for TV/comedy legend Betty White.  I have posted previously many of her quotes and comments. .  

From the New York Post this morning, they had this headline: Betty White is turning 99: Here are her best quotes and moments ever” with these highlights: “Sure, Mary Tyler Moore turned the world on with her smile — but her scene-stealing co-star, the legendary Betty White, is the one who stole our hearts for the long haul.  The Illinois-born, Cali-raised teen broke into showbiz three months after graduating from Beverly Hills High in 1939, when she was in an early 'experimental' TV show.  Ever since — from pioneering work in the 1950s (she was the first woman to produce a sitcom!) to her ’70s breakthough as the nymphomaniacal Sue Ann Nivens on 'The Mary Tyler Moore Show' to innocent ’80s lady Rose Nylund on 'The Golden Girls' — Betty has always been a sure bet.”

If you have ever enjoyed Betty, this profile has many fun and interesting links, visuals, details, etc.  

Full story at:

https://nypost.com/article/betty-white-best-quotes-moments/

Lisbon, NWSpain, Bordeaux/Brittany: Live/blog, June 2017 from Portugal to France along scenic Atlantic Coast.  Now at 31,385 views.  Many interesting pictures, details for history, food, culture, etc.:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2511358

2130636287_ScreenShot2021-01-16at10_47_36AM.thumb.png.7c37ec9146cbf3bc10b4f559c820794d.png

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, TLCOhio said:

As always, lots of interesting medical updates and details from Lois, J.P., etc., plus very good funnies.  More to share later this morning.  

In central Ohio this morning, we had a nice snow frosting that looked interesting.  Below is one of our background visitors out early, working and preparing for winter.  

This squirrel visitor this morning to our backyard looks fairly full, but is still out working to round up more for the long winter.  You can see a little of that snow that frosted our area this morning.  Looked nice!!:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these visuals larger/better!)

CMC_2270.jpeg.17f1e2bf72f04716f09a01728969ade7.jpeg

red squirrels -j.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning coolers, Jazz, nice to see you again. Hope things in your neck of the woods

are going well.

Boy, when you change insurance plans it is like something out of this world😦.....I had no clue

that my plan (under Florida Blue) is not contracted to CVS this year👎.......I went to refill one 

of my meds and my pharmacist (who I have now known for many years) came around to the

counter after trying to fill my RX...she said CVS is not on that plan.....fortunately for me, 

my Publix is contracted on it. For anyone who does not know, Publix is a really good grocery

store and I am a Publix shopper😃 So, I went to Publix and thankfully was able to use them.

It was just a real shock...I have been using CVS for years and years AND years! 

And one of my meds is a "Specialty Medication" and Publix cannot fill it. So....Blue Cross

told me there is another Pharmacy I need to use called Accredo.   That was another story.

But after 2.5 days of going back and forth, I was able to finally get these meds filled too. 

This is a medicine that has to be shipped to me and hopefully going forward things will go

more smoothly!

Hi Lois.  Choice seems to be shrinking in health plans and we are pawns.  When I was working, GHI would play chicken with the major hospital group in this area every time their contract was up for renewal – risking leaving us with only the worst choices – and both sides asked us to lobby the other!  Medicare opened things up nicely:  GHI's silver plan pays the 20% whenever Medicare pays its 80%, regardless of provider.  With our drug policy we are the opposite of you: locked in to CVS (and its mail service Caremark) only.  Caremark had been very reliable, but their shipping point is near Philadelphia and lately everything that goes near Philly gets sucked into a black hole and drops off the USPS radar for a week or two before suddenly turning up.  If a doctor is slow to authorize a renewal, that shipping delay can leave me near my last pill!

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

I love Betty White! 

I too enjoyed her work over the years.. going back to early TV sitcom "Life with Elizabeth" in the mid 50's with Del Moore. Although, her earliest work may have been on a local LA TV dance show with Al Jarvis back in the late 40's The "AL JARVIS SHOW" and yet let us not forget her time as the ultimate game show regular.. from "PASSWORD" with her late husband Allen Ludden to her appearances on "MATCH GAME"... 

Indeed Happy Birthday Miss White!

Joseph

Edited by rucrazy