Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

8 hours ago, QueSeraSera said:

Agreed HJ.

It is complex. I often felt during my career that if the voice of the consumer (whoever or whatever that might be) could be heard in design and build meetings, the results would be different, a bit more expensive to said consumer, but higher quality & more satisfying to the engineers and customers involved.

No English classes required for degree...should that have been whomever or maybe whosoever?

Whoever. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good to see a few engineers here, love to chat on board sometime..

I actually did what the cartoon alludes.. Massacred a very very v…..   expensive design for a flood plain development with a left field proposal for a Roman road.

I won the job , saved the developer a mint and made myself a few dollars in the process…..

• Like 2

15 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Drove on a few of those roads in Madagascar! This is the RN6. Rue Nationale, as in one of the main roads. 

30945905_2016_10Madagascar-153.thumb.jpg.b87fc9826a547059e6e79d494204faf1.jpg

Luckily I don't wear either...

Ah JP, yup the RN 6 gets pretty horrible the further north you go. And that's not the worst here, the notorious RN 5 is if often cited in any list of the worst roads in the world. 

Just recently we drove to Tamatave in the east on the RN2 which is considered the best road in Madagascar,  220 miles took us 8hrs 45 mins.

So route national is a bit of a misnomer.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Reef Knot said:

Ah JP, yup the RN 6 gets pretty horrible the further north you go. And that's not the worst here, the notorious RN 5 is if often cited in any list of the worst roads in the world. 

Just recently we drove to Tamatave in the east on the RN2 which is considered the best road in Madagascar,  220 miles took us 8hrs 45 mins.

So route national is a bit of a misnomer.

Crazy isn't it! Yes, we were on that northern portion of RN6. 

4 hours from Amber Mountain to Ankarana, maybe a 70 mile drive. Top speed probably 25 MPH. Half of that time we were stuck behind a THB truck... But I would go back any time.

Edited by jpalbny
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hey JP, I get my first shot tomorrow😃

Great progress for Lois.  Let us know how your "JAB" goes.  Plus, in a couple days, tell us as to how, if any, after-effects you have encountered.

Out on our screened porch now enjoying the super sunshine, low 60's temperatures, fresh Spring air, nice nature sights, etc.  Some of early Spring flowers are starting to come up.  See three visuals as "evidence" below.  This includes a busy bee being hard at work.  Like these bees better than the deer in our yard/ravine areas.  Wonderful to be enjoying this nice weather and hopefully the snow and cold will not return for a long time.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

CMC_2345.thumb.jpeg.a3f0d9f1024a47e9613329d577b2eebc.jpeg

CMC_2329.thumb.jpeg.d91dc4a3c0739a063c78973d831e0ba5.jpeg

CMC_2325.thumb.jpeg.81566e82f49cc13c2e25a58e45a0b1f7.jpeg

• Like 2

So far Moderna shot #1 side effects have been very minimal for me; DW had it a little worse on day 2 – but nothing as bad as Shingrix.  I have been warned that Moderna #2 may be more like Shingrix, so I am prepared.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

So far Moderna shot #1 side effects have been very minimal for me; DW had it a little worse on day 2 – but nothing as bad as Shingrix.  I have been warned that Moderna #2 may be more like Shingrix, so I am prepared.

I generally do not have reactions to vaccinations but I was prepared for the worst post Moderna #2.  Bob  usually has strong reactions and his was quite mild, just fatigue on day two.  I had extreme fatigue on day 2 akin to the fatigue from chemo, but it was so much more enjoyable because there were no other side effects from any of the other chemo drugs, and the best way I can describe it was like an exquisite fatigue, bordering on a “high” which had me so very relaxed and happy.  Hope Lois has an easy time with both.

• Like 3

Its exciting that this is happening  - shots in arm, protection, not going to die of covid-19 after all. Hoping this goes global very soon; have no understanding of the Chinese or Russian vaccines but I do hope they are effective too.  I so want to cruise and see the parts of the world I've never seen.  I am starting to believe the end of this virus shutdown is coming into view.

Ready for shot #2!

• Like 2

Happy for all with the opportunity for vaccine.  Still a ways away for us in Canada.  Hoping now for July or August!!  We have no facilities here to manufacture so all vaccine comes from elsewhere (mostly Europe at this point).  It is what it is!  😊

15 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hey JP, I get my first shot tomorrow😃

All the best Lois R for tomorrow .We both had first jab two months ago and neither of us had any side effects.Await 2 nd jab in four weeks and hoping that is similar.

• Like 1

Got my shot and all went well👍 2nd one is April 1st.  I got Moderna and there wasn't even a line!

No line, no waiting🙂  So far so good!

• Like 4

I'm sorry Coolers!  I am happy for all the lucky ducks who have been able to be vaccinated!  I just can't be jumping up and down with enthusiasm right now.  Canada is struggling to get the vaccine let alone to get it shipped out to the various provinces.  We are still staring down a long dark tunnel.  Please don't take it personally if I fail to acknowledge your vaccine.  🥰

Capture.JPG.41a319c52ab2e78397dd382f5b7ee5d4.JPG