Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

30 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I'm not a biology major.  Sure looked like a bear to me.  What is it?

I don't know animals either  (except the human kind).  My guess would be a wolf or coyote.   I'm  prepared to be corrected!  Bears are bigger than the animal in that pic.  The point was the animal in the pic ruining a beautiful shot! 😁  Although to be fair that was probably his/her home territory!  Who was the interloper? 

• Like 1

For those of us married (or deeply involved) men, and to every woman who posts here, this song and video brings a tear of gratitude to my eye (or is it this 3rd glass of sb, either way, it doesn't matter!)  Young people not so different from us, as we were...

if you care to, just search

one direction what makes you beautiful

one direction the band, "what makes you beautiful" the song

perhaps there should be a 3 drink limit on posting here?  just let me know  🙃

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

Yeah that's a good one. I like to sing it to Chris when it comes on and we're driving. She looks at the ground... 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

For those of us married (or deeply involved) men, and to every woman who posts here, this song and video brings a tear of gratitude to my eye (or is it this 3rd glass of sb, either way, it doesn't matter!)  Young people not so different from us, as we were...

if you care to, just search

one direction the band, "what makes you beautiful" the song

perhaps there should be a 3 drink limit on posting here?  just let me know  🙃

Absolutely not Que!  Your post was beautiful!  Thank you for that! 🥰

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

I’m more of a Def Leppard kind of fella, QueSeraSera.  You know, pour some sugar on me.  That’ll get you right in your feels every time. 😁😁😁

So much for the low-carb diet, Stumbles...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, zqtchas said:

From a friend.

save -k.png

I would add to that the "so-called " self cleaning oven in our apartment.   It is nowhere remotely close to self-cleaning.  And besides the wonders Myster works with it,  it is the bane of my existence!  🤨

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mysty said:

I would add to that the "so-called " self cleaning oven in our apartment.   It is nowhere remotely close to self-cleaning.  And besides the wonders Myster works with it,  it is the bane of my existence!  🤨

Nothing is as bad as the much earlier 'new' technology of the ever-cleaning oven.  The inside had a rough-textured coating that was supposed to incinerate drippings at normal oven temperatures.  FAIL  Not only didn't it clean itself, it made it that much more difficult to clean the old-fashioned way as the drippings hardened and stuck tight to the textured coating.

And yet – that old Caloric had 5 pilot lights so it kept our kitchen nice and warm all winter, and the 2 in the oven kept it at the perfect temperature for 'proofing' and for drying out my morning newspaper when the delivery guy didn't double-wrap it on rainy days.  We are still morning that old dear – even though she was Harvest Gold!  [News flash – when a company goes out of business, after 20 years or so it becomes impossible to get replacement parts...]

• Like 2