Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

We are having 3 nights away with 22 friends. We started going away on golf trips 15 years ago and this year we are staying a little closer to home.  It’s only 2.5 hrs from home but in a beautiful spot, Healesville.  It should be a fun time and the weather, although not warm and sunny should be rainless. 
This is the view from our balcony. 
EB1387A3-D53A-4472-B9C5-BAD8A5250949.thumb.jpeg.a281c6329eaa57d3cddf221e976399bb.jpeg

• Like 5

7 hours ago, jillyf said:

We are having 3 nights away with 22 friends. We started going away on golf trips 15 years ago and this year we are staying a little closer to home.  It’s only 2.5 hrs from home but in a beautiful spot, Healesville.  It should be a fun time and the weather, although not warm and sunny should be rainless. 
This is the view from our balcony. 
EB1387A3-D53A-4472-B9C5-BAD8A5250949.thumb.jpeg.a281c6329eaa57d3cddf221e976399bb.jpeg

Hi Jilly, sounds lovely.  I don't have 22 friends that I could call😮

Jilly your view looks heavenly, very relaxing.  Just the sort of thing we all need right now.

I too don't have 22 good enough friends I would want to go away with and more to the point I don't think they would all want to go away with me either.

Lola

• Like 2

We could certainly get 22 Coolers together. Would be fun!

I think I mentioned earlier that we were doing a huge basement remodel. So an update.

Spent day #2 of my week off working my behind off in the basement. The crew is progressing very well with the remodel. The framing, plumbing, and electrical is all done and they will start with drywall later this week. And I have run all of the speaker wire for in-wall speakers so our dance floor will have music everywhere you move around it.

However, before they started I had to move all of my tools, and a workbench that I had built years ago, out of the space they were going to refinish. They all ended up in a disorganized mess, piled up in a tiny corner of the unfinished portion of the basement.

Today I took a deep breath and dived in. I reassembled the old 14-foot workbench in two segments - so now it's an 8-foot and a 6-foot section, on opposite sides of the unfinished cellar space. Then I gathered up the piles of tools and stored them on and under the workbenches. Should make things easier to find. But it was a full day's work to do all of that, and I managed to beat up my hands and the rest of myself as well. Relaxing with a glass of wine while I post, though not reaching the (in)famous @QueSeraSera 3-drink minimum - yet.

Yesterday I did not work as hard, though I did pick up a new 65-inch flat-screen TV for the basement space. It fit into Chris's RS5 with about an inch to spare on each side (I had measured to be sure). And I finally decided what I wanted, and ordered the in-wall speakers and the receiver, which should arrive this week. Just have to set up the network switch, install the wall panels for the speaker wires, and we should be good to hook everything up and test the audio-visual setup in another week or two. The receiver will be set up in a closet so I need to use an IR repeater with the remote to control it, but the setup will be clean and neat, with nothing out in the open and no exposed wires.

The work crew has been great at making sure that this space has everything we want - we have used them for a few projects now, and we work well together. As I've planned out the AV equipment they have adjusted to my setup and it's coming together so nicely. It is SO MUCH easier to do this as it's being built, rather than retrofitting it. Can't wait to see this finished project!

On second thought we could have a Cooler party in our wine cellar, complete with dancing. Can't think of a nicer way to inaugurate it - who's in?

Edited by jpalbny
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Relaxing with a glass of wine while I post, though not reaching the (in)famous @QueSeraSera 3-drink minimum - yet.

😆😆🙄

12 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Can't think of a nicer way to inaugurate it - who's in?

We’re in!  Just got to find a good campground nearby where we can stay.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

On second thought we could have a Cooler party in our wine cellar, complete with dancing. Can't think of a nicer way to inaugurate it - who's in?

How awesome would that be!  I vote yes on proposition JP!  Your plans sound wonderful!  Well done JP!

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

We could make it over to your house with 1/2 hour notice, but 1 hour would be better, so we can change into party clothes!

Or maybe longer, if we have to remember where we stored the party clothes. 😬

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Party at JP and Chris' house😃.......do any of you enjoy Pinot Noir? I will bring a couple of bottles. It is one of my favorites!

Mysty, I would really love to meet you and Myster!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Will Work for Tiramisu said:

Will travel &/or party for tiramisu

I'll bring the tiramisu!  We enjoy pinot noir, sauvignon blanc...let's see, it might be easier to list the wines we don't enjoy:  ---- um, can't seem to think of one, was Boone's Farm a wine?

• Haha 2