Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

20 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

If you could sneak over the border, I'm sure some members of this thread would give you 'asylum' 😀

I'd probably be more of a handful than they bargained for! 😁

7 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

don't underestimate us, bring Myster, we'll see what we can work out 😉

You are too kind Que!  🥰  And also very wise!  Bringing Myster would give you some confidence that should I go off the rails an experienced engineer along could prevent a complete derailment!  😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, mysty said:

You are too kind Que!  🥰  And also very wise!  Bringing Myster would give you some confidence that should I go off the rails an experienced engineer along could prevent a complete derailment!  😁

and this too shall pass.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mysty said:

We are in crisis here.  The tunnel is long and dark!

Unreal.  And, here we sit in America with doses starting to pile up in some locations according to news reports today due to the sheer # of anti-vaxxers and virus/vaccine skeptics.  Literally, as many as 1 in 3 doses are unused in some states.  And, if you can believe this, 300,000 vaccine appointments went unfilled in the Atlanta metropolitan area today.  Officials are starting to worry whether we’ll even hit the 70% threshold for potential herd immunity.  Hopefully, if this awful trend continues, the U.S. will be able to send you extra doses soon.

• Like 2

Pressure is building on the vaccine avoiders here.  A friend from church who was refusing any flavor of the vaccines because she's afraid of needles – called this morning that she had gotten an appointment for this afternoon and needed a ride.  It seems her need to see her nieces became greater than her fear of needles!  There will be one thing like that for many who have held back, until we do reach herd immunity [remember, it doesn't have to be 100%]

• Like 3

mysty - so sorry to hear about your lockdown and vaccination problems.  It seems amazing that your country, one of the most civilised in the world,  has not been able to sort this out before now.

We certainly made a hash of things at the start, but did get our act together pretty well more recently.  There is still so  much that is unknown about this horrible bug, understandably, and all the scientists and medics are still working in the dark - what with new variants, and possible (probable IMO) awful reactions from just a very few people to the jabs.

Keep  smiling, please, and keep us smiling too with your funnies.

Lola

• Like 2

Thank you Coolers for you caring and concern.  I am not typically a person who whines and complains.  Yesterday's announcement of further restrictions just temporarily broke my spirit.  Canadians look forward with great anticipation to our summers.  It's the joy that makes our winters somewhat bearable.  We may lose our summer again this year and that is what contributed to my spirit break!  The sun is shining this morning and we will soldier on!  

• Like 2

Good morning coolers, Mysty, I have been thinking about very much and if I could give you a hug I would, so here is a virtual one ((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))).  I remember when you said your lockdown was coming again..........wishing you all the best!!!!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, zqtchas said:

lawn mower -k.png

Thank God we no longer have a lawn!  Otherwise, in my current mood, I would definitely consider driving down our street with this beauty!  Hard to justify when we are now living in an apartment!  And it would not fit in our storage locker!   😁

• Haha 1

Just wrote our two Virginia senators, something like "just as I would help my neighbors get vaccinated, I think we should help our neighboring countries get the vaccine"  I asked for a reply.

I'd write my House Representative, but shamefully, I don't know who it is.  I'm actually not that much of a political activist 🙂  I'm curious enough now that I'll look up who it is, but we just cracked a nice bottle of Greek Gaia Moschofilero "Monograph" ...

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

Just wrote our two Virginia senators, something like "just as I would help my neighbors get vaccinated, I think we should help our neighboring countries get the vaccine"  I asked for a reply.

I'd write my House Representative, but shamefully, I don't know who it is.  I'm actually not that much of a political activist 🙂  I'm curious enough now that I'll look up who it is, but we just cracked a nice bottle of Greek Gaia Moschofilero "Monograph" ...

You are an amazing person Que!  Thanks so much for your caring and support!  Enjoy your Monograph! 🥰

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, zqtchas said:

Fastest selling item in Detroit.

Chas, I think Silver Spectre could use one of those over in England by the sound of things.

2 hours ago, QueSeraSera said:

I'd write my House Representative, but shamefully... we just cracked a nice bottle of Greek Gaia Moschofilero "Monograph".

Yeah, that letter can wait. 😉 Priorities Q.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Sorry, I am very confused

Oh dear, its my fault.

I'm (ok, I've) enjoyed a nice Greek wine tonight with my wife, and I was thinking when you are over there next you could enjoy it too.

Its called Monograph.

Edited by QueSeraSera
trying to avoid being incoherent
  • Like 1