Princess EZAire question regarding the Add or Modify Flight tab

Moxiefurball

I often recheck my flights. After you have selected your new flights, it shows the itinerary with the old total price and the new total price. If you cancel at that point, nothing changes. The old itinerary and price does not disappear until - and unless - you confirm the new one. This is one thing online Princess does right.

Will it allow you to change only one part of your flight? Depart or return individually? Or are you required to change both at the same time? I've changed my entire flight once, but I really liked the return flights we had the first time but wasn't sure if it would let me change just the one. If I find the original return flight for the same or better price, can I change just that one?

Over the course of several years & cruises I have changed flights, requested lower fares if they show up, never a problem. I haven't used a TA in years. But I always call Princess when making any flight change to feel safer that I don't make some error that can't be undone. Princess has always been excellent.

Will it allow you to change only one part of your flight? Depart or return individually? Or are you required to change both at the same time? I've changed my entire flight once, but I really liked the return flights we had the first time but wasn't sure if it would let me change just the one. If I find the original return flight for the same or better price, can I change just that one?
You’ll need to rebook the entire itinerary. If the return flights you like are still available, you can book them again.

Be sure to confirm your seats again even if you rebook the same return flights as your original seats will be cancelled.

I have been told by a number of Princess agents that their and our computer EZAire screen “refreshes” every twenty minutes so if you see something you want grab it. Once while on a brief hold with a Princess agent my preferred flights vanished from my computer screen and the agent came back on and said the same happened on her screen. I forget how many millions of flights are involved at one time but prices and availability are constantly changing. Mike

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I use two techniques:

First I search & check the EZair prices by doing a potential booking. I save potential itineraries to easily check the air & cruise fares.

1. If I discover a lower price or better flights I sign into the Cruise Personalizer for my booked cruise under the Travel Arrangements tab
  2. Click on green box for "Add or Modify Flights"
  3. Upper right hand corner shows the current airfare & near the bottom of the list is "Change Flights"
  4. That takes you "Flight Search" option to display your flight preferences

I'm not going further because I don't want to risk changing my flights. As I recall it'll next show other flight & airfare options and can compare to your existing reservation.

I'm booked through a TA but called Princess who assisted me the first time with making online changes. I was concerned about making a mistake but after doing it once I now feel comfortable and have made many changes to my EZair flights and airfare. For a LAX/FCO flight the airfare dropped by nearly 60% with a better flight routing.

Absolutely. And you should. I was able to change my fare, on the same flight, Delta One, returning from Europe after this past April T/A and priced a fare $700 less than originally booked. It pays to check frequently

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I recently booked a one way business class flight from LHR to YVR, connecting in Minneapolis. It was a great price through EZAir.

Now I have noticed that the first, longer segment seems to be true Business Class, with full flat beds, etc, but is called Delta One.

The second segment from Minneapolis to Vancouver on a 737-900 is called First Class, but seems to have wider seats, but not even a footrest. I don’t mind no full bed, but was surprised to see that.

Btw, it is on Virgin Atlantic, operated by Delta.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My suggestion is not to tempt fate...and there is no reason with the Princess system. Simply go onto the Princess web site WITHOUT logging in. Click on the "Plan a Cruise" tab and then use the search engine to locate your particular cruise, Once you have found your cruise (without logging into the Princess web site) simply click on "Cruise Details" and then the "Flight Quotes" tab. At this point you can look at various air scenarios without ever having signed -in and perhaps screwing up your current reservation. If you do find a better deal then you can always log-in and go through the normal process to change your flights.

Hank

My suggestion is not to tempt fate...and there is no reason with the Princess system. Simply go onto the Princess web site WITHOUT logging in. Click on the "Plan a Cruise" tab and then use the search engine to locate your particular cruise, Once you have found your cruise (without logging into the Princess web site) simply click on "Cruise Details" and then the "Flight Quotes" tab. At this point you can look at various air scenarios without ever having signed -in and perhaps screwing up your current reservation. If you do find a better deal then you can always log-in and go through the normal process to change your flights.

Hank

There is no way to screw ups ones present flight reservation unless you bypass the multiple "CANCEL FLIGHT" warnings that pop up. It works very well.

Over the course of several years & cruises I have changed flights, requested lower fares if they show up, never a problem. I haven't used a TA in years. But I always call Princess when making any flight change to feel safer that I don't make some error that can't be undone. Princess has always been excellent.

That is what I also do.

Hank[/q

Thanks . Great suggestion

What didn’t you do find reliable. Outside of personalized the flights offered weren’t as extensive?

Sorry -I should have said accurate. I did this the same hour, I saw more under my booking then I did with a generic booking.

I went to edit my text and it was too late for the original post. I didn't even think of doing this until someone else mentioned it but then I found it didn't match my results at all.