Regal Princess- not happy so far...

billyhosencone

One more thing: Princess doesn't have a celebration for engagements that I've ever seen. Birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, weddings, yes. Engagements, no. Wait until you're on your honeymoon and then you'll get the meager offerings for that celebration (2 balloons, door sign, card, cake).

Actually the list is now

Anniversary

Birthday

Graduation

Honeymoon

Retirement

Engagement

Wedding

Reunion

Vow Renewal

Other

When I get a massage I tell them up front that I don't want any upsell. Usually don't have a problem.

On the Royal/Regal, when you are going to the IC or any activity in the Atrium, and you have a forward cabin. Going to the forward elevators you have to pass by the Spa counter. Most times there are ladies standing there glaring at you as you walk by...like shaming you into their services

The suggestions here have been spot on. Please let us know how management has made it right once you've talked to them. If the manager you speak to does not produce results, keep moving up the chain of command. The best place to get this resolved is while you are on the ship.

If it were me, my idea of a positive outcome would be a sincere apology from the offensive person who said that to your fiancé, a commitment to better training and perhaps some chocolate covered strawberries or a corsage for formal night.

You sound like a sweet man who is a real catch. Hopefully you will enjoy the rest of your cruise. Congratulations on your engagement.

I would like to piggy-back, and ask a Spa question here - If the OP will not mind.

OP - I do think that your cruise can and will improve. Enjoy!!!

For you Spa experts...

We will be on the Regal soon.

They offer Massages in the Sanctuary. Right?

I don't usually indulge, and have never had a massage on a ship or at a resort.

I know the cost would be very high!!! But, we are thinking of indulging on this cruise. Maybe in the Sanctuary.

Any thoughts or tips?

Thanks!

I would like to piggy-back, and ask a Spa question here - If the OP will not mind.

OP - I do think that your cruise can and will improve. Enjoy!!!

For you Spa experts...

We will be on the Regal soon.

They offer Massages in the Sanctuary. Right?

I don't usually indulge, and have never had a massage on a ship or at a resort.

I know the cost would be very high!!! But, we are thinking of indulging on this cruise. Maybe in the Sanctuary.

Any thoughts or tips?

Thanks!

Just a suggestion...Schedule a massage at your favorite local spa just before your cruise....for 1/3 the price

We just go back from an 11 day Baltic Sea Cruise on the Regal. Not everything was as it should be. We did not get the Medallion Service as initially promised. We did not get the "drink tumblers" that was supposed to go with the drink passage. We did have problems with the refrigerator in our room.

In addition, the temperatures on shore went into the 90's. Most of the tour buses were not air conditioned. My wife joked that we can't blame that on global warming in that most of the Northern Countries are "Green" with wind-mills on any open piece of land....LOL.

But nothing is perfect. We reported the problems in respect to the refrigerator and Princess sent us a beautiful plate of chocolates.

Overall the cruise rates 4 1/2 starts. I reserve 5 for Azamara and Crystal. LOL

You are on a fantastic cruise on a fantastic boat. Enjoy, concentrate on the positive.

So sorry you feel this way after your first day.

Personally, I have gotten massages on a Princess cruise ship twice. The first time I was so relaxed that I of course bought their package for $150 more. :o Thank God we had a lot of OBC and hubby was disappointed that I did buy it. Lesson learned. So, on the second time I had a massage I was prepared! I wrote on the bottom of the info sheet you have to fill out that I did not want to buy anything other than the massage. Guess what? Nothing was said :D. It is special treat for me.

Would I do it again? Maybe as long as they don't ask me to buy the products they just used on me. I did however on our last cruise ask for the bath stuff that the hubby had used up <grin> without getting a massage. Still expensive but it lasts us for over a year.

I sure do hope your cruise gets better! Congratulations on the engagement!!

Thanks myfuzzy! I didn't realize they'd added all those other celebrations. ;)

It must be a recent thing, now that they have added those $$ Celebrations Packages, I never noticed all those others besides birthday and anniversary until now

"Other" has unlimited occasions...I wonder how creative they can be

It must be a recent thing, now that they have added those $$ Celebrations Packages, I never noticed all those others besides birthday and anniversary until now

"Other" has unlimited occasions...I wonder how creative they can be

Since the balloons just say "Congratulations", creativity is not required.

The balloon things is pretty **** really. Balloons are 9c each...

Gimme a little piccolo bottle at least :)

Balloons cost that much, huh....So two balloons and a sign, say cost Princess a whole, say, 20 cents. And if you take advantage of the "cake" that's another say $1 ....

If that is the case what are they doing on a Baltic cruise?

I said - I think OP might have expected all that "outdoor fun" on a Princess ship, but obviously didn't do his homework. And what does the destination have to do with the amenities offered by a ship? And it's not even cold in the Baltic region at this time of year - it's no Caribbean, but it's not Alaska either.

My friends' parents and sister are very happy with Princess and with their Baltic cruise.

There is 3700 passengers and 1 half court basketball court. 6 hot tubs. 1 “driving range” that doesn’t even have teas. They advertise “shooting competition” and the shooting range holds 2 people...

BTW I hit up old matey about the spa drama at customer care at 5am, still no reply or response, said he will tell his boss....

I'm wondering if you really wouldn't be happier on Royal Caribbean or Carnival. Princess isn't all about what you might want in a cruise ship. Regal is at full capacity this cruise? As others have said, try to look for some positives!

There is 3700 passengers and 1 half court basketball court. 6 hot tubs. 1 “driving range” that doesn’t even have teas. They advertise “shooting competition” and the shooting range holds 2 people...

I've never been to the range where at least 4 people weren't allowed in at the same time.

BTW I hit up old matey about the spa drama at customer care at 5am, still no reply or response, said he will tell his boss....

Not sure the purpose of your post, but perhaps you can tell me what the average number of hot tubs are on a cruise ship? Every ship I've ever been on has a ratio somewhere around 500-600/1 so no matter the ship it's likely a challenge to spend a few minutes in one if everyone on board is seeking a hot tub (which I doubt they ever are). As far as basketball, hitting the golf range, or shooting a firearm, who the heck really goes cruising and cares about those issues. If you want to golf, go to a course...if you want to play basketball go to a gym, if you want to skeet shoot...yeah you get the picture...then when you are done, go on the cruise ship and enjoy some down time! LOL!

Not sure the purpose of your post, but perhaps you can tell me what the average number of hot tubs are on a cruise ship? Every ship I've ever been on has a ratio somewhere around 500-600/1 so no matter the ship it's likely a challenge to spend a few minutes in one if everyone on board is seeking a hot tub (which I doubt they ever are). As far as basketball, hitting the golf range, or shooting a firearm, who the heck really goes cruising and cares about those issues. If you want to golf, go to a course...if you want to play basketball go to a gym, if you want to skeet shoot...yeah you get the picture...then when you are done, go on the cruise ship and enjoy some down time! LOL!

OK thanks man we will just pay $600 a night for a slow trip to 5 countries *thumbs up symbol*

This post was about my poor spa experience, which I hope to sort, but doubt. Sorry it got so derailed. I was just also saying I’ve been on a smaller cruise (1000 people) with the same hot tubs and more facilities

OK thanks man we will just pay $600 a night for a slow trip to 5 countries *thumbs up symbol*

This post was about my poor spa experience, which I hope to sort, but doubt. Sorry it got so derailed. I was just also saying I’ve been on a smaller cruise (1000 people) with the same hot tubs and more facilities

I didn't mean to sound offensive, and for that I apologize. I just wasn't sure what track you were driving the train down with that comment knowing the original post was about a crap Spa adventure.

I'm in complete agreement that the Spa should be avoided at all cost. The last time my wife and I went for a massage, we spent 20 minutes trying to get away without broken bones for refusing to buy their products.