EZAIR Question-Seat Selection

bobnfl

Our cruise is still 210 days out and I am booking air through ezair. I got the air booked and selected the seats we wanted. Should I contact the airline to confirm the seats or are the seats confirmed when I booked the flights?

You have to follow your airline's policy regarding seat selection, and each airline is different. I'd call them just to be sure. But realize that NOTHING is certain 200 days in advance. Airlines change flights, plane types, etc. all the time. That far out, you are basically sure that you have a flight--not necessarily on the day or time you chose. However, if the airline changes things outside of a certain range, you can negotiate with them to get something that works better for you than what they might have assigned to you.

• Like 1

I have been booking EZair the past six years as soon as flights have become available and always selected

my seats right away. I have never had an issue.

I've never had a problem...but some airlines charge for seat selection prior to a particular time frame (Air Canada which we used for the trip that ended this week is an example), some show seats as unavailable when they are really available is you go thru the airline by phone (Delta), etc.

Used ez-air to booked flights on Delta twice in the last year. After booking logged on to Delta.com and it showed the flights and seats I had selected. You can either log in with you ff # or the airline reservation #. Don't know about other airlines. Like others have said flight times and plane type will probably change. My flight for next February has changed twice since I booked but only by a few minutes and seats were not affected.

I have a British Air flight and several on American next April. I was able to reserve my seats on the American flights when I booked them on EZAir. As far as the BA flight, I was able to reserve them on the website after I signed up for their frequent flier program.

I've never had a problem...but some airlines charge for seat selection prior to a particular time frame (Air Canada which we used for the trip that ended this week is an example)

Did you have to do anything special to get to select seats for Air Canada via EZ Air? We currently have a booking number on Air Canada for our cruise in April 2019 but the seat selection was not usable on the EZ Air website and said to call Air Canada. I called Air Canada and they said that our reservation is showing as not being ticketed so no seat selection can occur. This is the first airline where they are saying they don't see a ticket in all of our EZ Air flights.

Is this an Air Canada thing with EZ Air or do I need to just call Princess to see whats going on? If Air Canada needs full payment in order to select seats I may cancel and go with another option since we selected the Flexible fares.

I had to login on the airline's website (United) to pick our seats for next week. Last year, we flew back from London on Virgin Atlantic. For that flight, I could not pick seats until 72 hours before the flight and only then by signing up for Virgin's flying club.

Did you have to do anything special to get to select seats for Air Canada via EZ Air? We currently have a booking number on Air Canada for our cruise in April 2019 but the seat selection was not usable on the EZ Air website and said to call Air Canada. I called Air Canada and they said that our reservation is showing as not being ticketed so no seat selection can occur. This is the first airline where they are saying they don't see a ticket in all of our EZ Air flights.

Is this an Air Canada thing with EZ Air or do I need to just call Princess to see whats going on? If Air Canada needs full payment in order to select seats I may cancel and go with another option since we selected the Flexible fares.

We used ez air for Air Canada for our alaskan cruise this summer. You cannot pick seats until Princess gets you ticketed which for us was about a month ahead. Then you can select seats but there is a charge. If you wait until 24 hr prior you can select for free. We did this and there was a good selection even thought the plane was quite full.

Each airline has its own rules. At this point you are BOOKED on Air Canada, but until the tickets are paid for you are not TICKETED and AC will not allow seats to be assigned until you are ticketed.

By comparison United and Delta will allow immediate seat selection, as will Air New Zealand as I just found out to my surprise.

• Like 1

Our cruise is still 210 days out and I am booking air through ezair. I got the air booked and selected the seats we wanted. Should I contact the airline to confirm the seats or are the seats confirmed when I booked the flights?

You do not need to contact the airline. Simply go to the airline website; look for a tab that will say Manage Booking or Manage Trips or similar. Click on that link then input the required info which will include you airline booking number. This was advised to you in the confirmation you received from EZAir; can also be found in your Cruise Personalizer under 'Travel Arrangements'. Do not confuse this number with the Princess EZAir booking number.

When booking using Princess or any travel agent or any web booking site, it is always a good idea to go to the airline's web site and confirm that what you booked, including seat assignments, is there.

Since you were able to select seats during the EZAir booking process, you should be able to see them on the airline's web site.

Watch out for possible code share issues when choosing seats. I just booked EZAir flights to LA for next April. Flights are Delta, but the aircraft will be Westjet. Strangely, we have two locators from Delta. When I go to the Delta site, the booking are there but when I try to select seats it says the aircraft are Westjet and I have to contact them for seat selection. When I go to the Westjet site, neither of the locators show up. Looks like I'll be spending a lot of time on the phone...

I would always go to the airline web site to see my reservation no matter how I booked the ticket.

Used ez-air to booked flights on Delta twice in the last year. After booking logged on to Delta.com and it showed the flights and seats I had selected. You can either log in with you ff # or the airline reservation #. Don't know about other airlines. Like others have said flight times and plane type will probably change. My flight for next February has changed twice since I booked but only by a few minutes and seats were not affected.

I just booked our first EZAir flight. (It was $200 less than booking directly with Delta)

I was able to choose seats (In the back! :( - but hopefully that will change as it gets closer)

Since this reservation is supposed to be totally refundable, UNLIKE BOOKING DIRECTLY WITH DELTA, I don't understand how it will be in my "My Trips" on the Delta site.

Please expalin.

Each airline has its own rules. At this point you are BOOKED on Air Canada, but until the tickets are paid for you are not TICKETED and AC will not allow seats to be assigned until you are ticketed.

By comparison United and Delta will allow immediate seat selection, as will Air New Zealand as I just found out to my surprise.

Well Air Canada just lost some business I guess as our flight is a transatlantic. I want to make sure I can get an exit row if possible and if Air Canada is playing games with seat selection then I will vote with my wallet. Thanks for your insight.

We've flown Air Canada quite a bit over the years. I don't know if this applies in your case, but is it possible already have assigned seats? We usually find that as part of the booking process (either independantly, or though their Frequent Flier plan Aeroplan) that we are automatically assigned our seats as part of the booking process. The problem is that Air Canada seems to start assigning seats from the back forward. When we book far in advance, we are assigned seats at or near the back, and then have to pay money to change our seats to move forward away from the toilets. It would be nice if they rewarded early bookings by assigning seats from the front backward, but then they lose the change fees.

Best of luck.

We've flown Air Canada quite a bit over the years. I don't know if this applies in your case, but is it possible already have assigned seats?

Best of luck.

We definitely have no seats assigned yet. The system would not let us do it and when I called to inquire they said that there is no ticket on their side even though they can see the booking. Due to this they cannot help us with seats. All she said was to check weekly to see if Princess ticketed us yet.

I am going to be looking at airlines with a little friendlier seat rules.

We definitely have no seats assigned yet. The system would not let us do it and when I called to inquire they said that there is no ticket on their side even though they can see the booking. Due to this they cannot help us with seats. All she said was to check weekly to see if Princess ticketed us yet.

Sorry to hear that. Air Canada can be quite difficult and we're trying to distance ourselves from them more and more. Latest outrage came this morning in the news, with Air Canada jacking up the price for first checked bag from $25 to $30 and the second from $30 to $50. I'm right in the middle of an EZAir booking for next April and chose Delta.

I checked this morning and the seats we selected were confirmed on both delta and united. we chose to fly united going from florida to Calif. and delta from calif. to florida. If the price gets cheaper we might change again.

You can pay for EZ anytime after booking and asked to have it ticketed now. We have done it many times with no problem

Sent from my iPhone using Forums