Do You Miss Folks From Previous Cruises?

Thrak

We try and keep in touch with those who we enjoy spending time with.

One couple agreed to meet us in Barcelona for a Med Cruise to Rome.

Another couple will be joining us for 14 days this August for Rome to Barcelona.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2018 at 12:46 AM, cr8tiv1 said:

I have made some very dear friends from past cruises. With email (and FaceBook), it is so easy to keep in touch with them. I carry social cards with my email address on them. I fill in the cruise and the date. I hand them out to those I wish to continue a friendship with. It is up to them to decide if they want to send me a confirmation email with their information.

Looking forward to cruising with you someday.

Most have died.

I have cruised many times on many lines and even worked as crew on some ships. I stay in touch with quite a few people I met as passengers and quite a few I met that were crew. I have not been fortunate to cruise with any of them again but would love to.  I believe I would have run into a few of the same crew members if I always stayed with the same cruise line but I do cruise on different lines to see what they are like or because they may have a route I prefer at the time. There are some passengers I have cruised with that we have met up with on land if we are in the same area as them.

• Like 1

We have made some very dear friends a on cruise. Meet several years ago on a cruise, re-met again on another cruise and our now very good friends. We cruise together on purpose now instead of by chance, have spent weekend together, talk frequently and have planned a safari together.

Meeting them has been a great addition in our lives.

We also ran into a great couple we had met on the same 28 day cruise as the couple we see a couple of times a year on their annual pilgrimages north and south. We came face to face with Steve and Cindy (balboa here on CC) on a cruise not too long ago. We were all surprised to just run into each other. It was funny. We saw them again on shore in port and were very happy to do so. We had shared a shore experience with them in Tahiti and we were very happy to meet up with them again. Hopefully we will see them again on a future cruise as they are very nice folks. It's really amazing to me that one can run into the same people again on cruises or find people who you hit it off well enough that they actually invite you to stay in their home for three days. (Thanks Theo and Anke!) or who you can meet a couple of times a year (Thanks Dave and Margaret!) who are just such great people. I never would have expected this at all. (I really attribute it to my wife - not to myself.)

Thrak,

What a great question. The best answer I can come up with Is YES!!!

My wife and I have met and made friends with so many nicest  people from all over the world on our 50 + cruises. 

To all of them Tony & Margie loves you all 🥰 

ED00D685-54AF-44CA-B74D-41D143C7AF22.jpeg

We love meeting new people on our cruises, and there have been a few I kept in touch with for a while (i.e. through Facebook). But many of those folks have drifted away in the last decade. I’m always happy to run across a familiar face though, no matter how much time has gone by!

Our Honeymoon cruise had a really awesome roll call group. We arranged these amazing private excursions together. Those were some of the most amazing excursions, and it was with an awesome group of people. They really elevated our trip. 🙂

And our last Princess cruise was the same one we’re doing in a few weeks — the 10 day Alaska out of SF. We met a lot of people from the Bay Area on that ship, which was really fun. Probably the most memorable was doing the Chef’s Table and unknowingly sitting across from the owner (and his wife) of the bowling alley in the city we had just bought a house in. Even crazier, also at the table was the owner of the bowling alley in a neighboring city. The two guys knew each other well, but had no idea the other would be on that cruise. The six of us shared one end of the table and had a really great time. The guy who owned our city’s bowling alley got our address and sent us free passes to the bowling alley. 

We’ve made many other memorable connections on past cruises, and I look forward to making more in the future. 

Great thread!

We have made several friends we have me through cruising. Sometimes table mates. More often trivia team members.

That said, there are many on this forum that I have never met, but look forward to meeting one of these days: Pam in CA, Tony, Thrack, etc. I read so many of your posts, you almost feel like family.

As I have made friends aboard a cruise, sometimes I we get to talking about Cruise Critics. I have discovered that I already "know" some of them from conversations on Cruise Critic.

We met 3 couples through our Princess roll call in 2009. We have kept up and got together over the past 10 years and have also cruised with them again. They live in the NJ and we live in NY. Once we met up with them in Manhattan. I have not experienced a roll call like that ever since and we sail Celebrity and Royal Caribbean as well. In general the roll calls seem to be lacking in participants. I joined a Facebook group for our last cruise that was much more lively and we shared a lot of information and booked tours together. I found FB to be a better format since you don’t have to read through every post and you can message individuals.

I must admit that I have trouble remembering faces and names, but we were absolutely surprised on our last cruise when a couple got on the elevator with us and identified us first by our hometown and then they called us by our first names. We had met them a couple years earlier as part of a group of wonderful people and had really enjoyed that trip.  To our surprise, they let us know that they had not only stayed in touch with that group but had actually set up this current cruise and in fact all the others were on board as well. What a delightful reunion cruise that turned out to be.

We met a really nice couple on our first Princess cruise.  We have cruised with them once after that, and have another cruise booked with them for next year.  The rest of the time we keep in touch through email and Facebook.

2 hours ago, Gwendy said:

I am anti social, so no.

You seem to be from Oz. Perhaps more beer? (Sorry... :classic_dry:) We have certainly enjoyed meeting Australians onboard. If you are truly antisocial then I hope you enjoy your quiet moments on the ship and don't have pushy folks trying to "show you how you need to have a good time" when all you really want is some peace and privacy. There is certainly nothing wrong with that at all. Ships with the covered pool have nice and private reading spots above the covered pool and ships with the extra passenger deck have the wonderfully peaceful Adagio venue. There is even a relatively unknown deck area aft of Adagio. (I often enjoy quiet and privacy as well even though one wouldn't guess it since I'm one of those "blathers" who talks to the grocery clerks, etc.)