Im Diamond from Emerald? How?

firefly333

I didnt cruise any RCL cruises in between and was Emerald last time I looked. Did RCL change their loyalty program so you are Diamond with fewer cruises?

It says Im Diamond now with 109 days. Does that mean I get the free mixed drinks and hot pupus lounge now? Or did they change the perks too?

Im assuming that Diamond is now the old Emerald, as I see a Diamond Plus category at 175 nights, and suspect that to get into what used to be the diamond lounge you have to be diamond plus?

Edited by firefly333

I see Im not the only one having issues trying to search cruises on my tablet on the RCL site.

Sorry havent cruised as much lately.

Still dont know how they changed the loyalty program and without reading thru months of pages here, can someone explain the changes succiently?

tia

Edited by firefly333

I didnt cruise any RCL cruises in between and was Emerald last time I looked. Did RCL change their loyalty program so you are Diamond with fewer cruises?

It says Im Diamond now with 109 days. Does that mean I get the free mixed drinks and hot pupus lounge now? Or did they change the perks too?

Im assuming that Diamond is now the old Emerald, as I see a Diamond Plus category at 175 nights, and suspect that to get into what used to be the diamond lounge you have to be diamond plus?

You go to Diamond at 80 cruise nights - I thought this had always been the case? The next is Diamond Plus at 175.

It seems you cruised a LONG time ago.

No, you get into the Diamond Lounge as a Diamond.

If you are Diamond Plus, and the ship has a Concierge Lounge, you can use it. If they have a Suite Lounge, you need to be in a full suite or be Pinnacle.

You now have 109 points. I guess you must have received points that belong to someone else.

You took 3 RCI cruises in 2014 of at least 7 points each. What was your point level before the erroneous points showed up?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's been 80 cruise points since Jan 2011.

well like i said i havent cruise rcl for a while. was supposed to a few years ago and my TA changed it to a Celebrity cruise as we parted ways.

And I stopped cruising for a while due to issues with this TA and done 2 Carnival cruises cause I wanted to go to Belize, but not RCL. RCL didnt get there out of Galveston, and I wanted to pick up some sleep meds, not that Carnival was my first choice.

So, i wouldnt be surprised if its been that long, 2011 huh? ok.

All I know is I was Emerald and had free wine at nights, now i see something about getting 3 free drinks, might not get the free wine? I liked the wine myself and sit up there and watch the ocean slide by.

Seems a lot changed, but no it cant have always been like this as some poster said. Im sure I was Emerald last RCL cruise.

If the 109 points is correct, then you are D. If the 109 points are incorrect, and you have less, then RCI made a mistake, which we all know never happens;p

No, im not saying the 109 days isnt correct, it probably is. I expected to have a 14 day RCL Hawaiian cruise added to it. As I explained went thru a bit of a cheater TA which soured me to cruising.

He did get me there, but on Celebrity, not that it was a bad cruise. I was trying to get to diamond. or closer. So, when i see diamond now... i thought maybe the free mixed drinks and pupus diamonds got and the diamond lounge like on Oasis, but then i read thru perks, and confused.

Sorry but yes ive been away from cruising so much and RCL.

... All I know is I was Emerald and had free wine at nights, now i see something about getting 3 free drinks, might not get the free wine? ...

If you are entitled to the 3 free drinks, then you can use them for 3 or 4 wine choices.

well like i said i havent cruise rcl for a while. was supposed to a few years ago and my TA changed it to a Celebrity cruise as we parted ways.

And I stopped cruising for a while due to issues with this TA and done 2 Carnival cruises cause I wanted to go to Belize, but not RCL. RCL didnt get there out of Galveston, and I wanted to pick up some sleep meds, not that Carnival was my first choice.

So, i wouldnt be surprised if its been that long, 2011 huh? ok.

All I know is I was Emerald and had free wine at nights, now i see something about getting 3 free drinks, might not get the free wine? I liked the wine myself and sit up there and watch the ocean slide by.

Seems a lot changed, but no it cant have always been like this as some poster said. Im sure I was Emerald last RCL cruise.

Emerald never had free wine at night. Not sure what pupus is that you keep referring to.

No, im not saying the 109 days isnt correct, it probably is. I expected to have a 14 day RCL Hawaiian cruise added to it. As I explained went thru a bit of a cheater TA which soured me to cruising.

He did get me there, but on Celebrity, not that it was a bad cruise. I was trying to get to diamond. or closer. So, when i see diamond now... i thought maybe the free mixed drinks and pupus diamonds got and the diamond lounge like on Oasis, but then i read thru perks, and confused.

Sorry but yes ive been away from cruising so much and RCL.

If you know that the 109 points are correct, you didn't cruise as Emerald last time, but as Diamond. Besides, you mentioned the free wine. That would have been at the "Diamond Event" that used to exist after Diamonds were barred from the Concierge Lounges and before the Diamond Lounges were created.