"New Casual Dining Experience"

Portolan

Thanks Portolan (Scott) for posting this exciting new Regent news.

We add our Kudos to Regent for adding this new dining experience across the fleet.

We can't wait to enjoy this new dining venue next month on the Mariner South Pacific crossing.

We also applaud Team Regent leaders led by Coach Jason M for deciding to keep the pool bar open until 10pm. And, thanks to Frank Del Rio for listening.

Jason O, are there any plans to offer enhanced entertainment/music to complement this outdoor dining experience? Will the pool and jacuzzi's be open during these extended hours?

And Jason, thanks again for your avid posting on the Regent board to help keeps us informed.

Wes and Ida

Edited by WesW

Interesting to learn of this new evening dining option aboard Regent ships.

We probably won’t make much use of it as we enjoy Compass Rose or the speciality restaurants for dining at night. On warm weather cruises we enjoy the Pool Grill for lunch.

One slight concern: We hope that the deployment of crew to this extra venue does not adversely affect the service available in other areas of the ship e.g. drinks service in Compass Rose.

Thank you to Jason for clarifying the dress code; hopefully this will stop this thread morphing into yet another pointless and boring debate :rolleyes:

Upon further reflection, I would be willing to bet that this area becomes quite a magnet for those who may be more formally dressed to join other friends to wind down after dinner rather than casual diners returning to their cabins to "up dress" just to go to a bar/lounge. The mention of the pool being open is quite intriguing. I think that this whole concept will be quite a hit.

The dress code will not change for any other areas of the ship.

The casual dress option applies to the Pool Grill area only and if you wish to go to any other venue afterward, the applicable evening dress code would apply as per usual.

Please - no loud music. Music from the pool deck can be heard from many suites (including the Master Suites on Voyager). Having the BBQ, etc. is not an issue but having music every night certainly could be. After all, if passengers want music, it is available in the lounges.

Also, keep in mind that suites below the pool deck will be affected by this - especially when they will be cleaning up, moving lounges and chairs after 10:00 p.m. which is really noisy. Hoping that this will be a quiet, mellow experience with swimming, eating and drinking. It should be fun for people that enjoy being outside, in the pool, etc.

Edited by Travelcat2

I also think that it is a good idea and agree that there should be make it yourself sandwiches. Thanks for posting the menu - the one item that we found truly poor was the lobster nachos. Any similarity between real nachos and what we had is purely coincidental.

As long as the "casual" passengers that are not wearing the minimum required by the Dress Code stay out of the lounges, I have no problem whatsoever.

Why does every post, no matter the topic,seem to come back to dress codes? ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!

Why does every post, no matter the topic,seem to come back to dress codes? ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!

Yes this subject is all over the different boards. Face it people are changing and nobody will stop it. The Viking board has an interesting thread on this topic. As time marches on changes will still occur like it or not.

I am thrilled to read that the pool deck will be open for dining and drinks in the evening. That moves Regent up a notch on our list when I am comparing it with other cruise lines. For me, the more casual dress code really doesn't matter; I love to dine and have drinks out on the deck.

I am thrilled to read that the pool deck will be open for dining and drinks in the evening. That moves Regent up a notch on our list when I am comparing it with other cruise lines. For me, the more casual dress code really doesn't matter; I love to dine and have drinks out on the deck.

So does that mean that you may sail on Regent again? Hope so!

We will be on the Explorer next year and very glad to hear this news as Crystal and other luxury lines have had alfresco dining for years and people dressed appropriately but some were dressed in resort wear not shorts and hats nobody that we have seen has been turned away in any venue after dinner. Neat and presentable will work on most lines. Well the Queens Grill probably not.

Jason O, are there any plans to offer enhanced entertainment/music to complement this outdoor dining experience? Will the pool and jacuzzi's be open during these extended hours?

WesW,

No enhanced entertainment is planned at this time.

I should also add the grill is open until 9pm and the Pool Bar will remain open until 10pm. The pool and Jacuzzi's will remain open as well.

One slight concern: We hope that the deployment of crew to this extra venue does not adversely affect the service available in other areas of the ship e.g. drinks service in Compass Rose.

flossie009,

Additional staff was added to accommodate this enhancement.

So a question... everyone keeps mentioning a Regent Society Newsletter, and although we are Silver (not as high up as some of you), I’ve never seen a newsletter. How does one receive this - sign up for it by email? I get the brochures constantly mailed, but never had a newsletter.

Thank you Jason, I’m sure it will be a welcome change for many. We are in the MS on the LIS-MIA crossing and looking forward to dining on the balcony as well weather permitting.

That sounds delightful too. I think many forget this is an included complimentary option as well.

Enjoy your journey across the Atlantic!

So a question... everyone keeps mentioning a Regent Society Newsletter, and although we are Silver (not as high up as some of you), I’ve never seen a newsletter. How does one receive this - sign up for it by email? I get the brochures constantly mailed, but never had a newsletter.

Nanook21,

Are you receiving other brochure mail from RSSC? If so, you should be receiving the newsletter as well.

Email SevenSeasSociety@RSSC.com with your membership # or mailing information and we can research why you're not receiving.

That sounds delightful too. I think many forget this is an included complimentary option as well.

Enjoy your journey across the Atlantic!

Glad that you brought this up. You certainly do not need to be in a Master Suite to have the ability to dine ensuite. I think that it only passengers that have not cruised on Regent in a heck of a long time that are not aware of this benefit but it always is good to remind guests.

Do you receive the tons of mail (almost on a daily basis) from Regent? I wasn't getting newsletters or the nice big books that Regent puts out and contacted Jason. He told me that either we receive all or nothing or we went for "all". A quick note to him should solve everything.

As an aside, it is Interesting that when I post to Jason, someone else answers! The boards were so good for a week or so and are now getting squirrelly again.

The unspoken question so far is....just how "casual" is it going to be for dinner at the Pool Grill?

Will this be roughly the same as in Compass Rose (Elegant Casual) or will it be "daytime casual"? Or worse? Does this mean that t-shirts, shorts, jeans and sandals will be fine? Swimsuits and coverups (especially if the pool will be open)?

The unspoken question so far is....just how "casual" is it going to be for dinner at the Pool Grill?

Will this be roughly the same as in Compass Rose (Elegant Casual) or will it be "daytime casual"? Or worse? Does this mean that t-shirts, shorts, jeans and sandals will be fine? Swimsuits and coverups (especially if the pool will be open)?

We're just back from a Mediterranean Cruise on Voyager. We didn't use the Pool Grill in the evening, but those who did were mostly in "daytime casual" - they all seemed to be enjoying themselves. The weather was warm, which helped.

Presumably there will be times of the year when the weather conditions mean the Pool Grill won't open in the evening?

We're really looking forward to this - and have previously suggested on comment cards it would be great. If the weather is warm and you've been on a long excursion, a few drinks and a quick dinner by the pool would be bliss.

We're really looking forward to this - and have previously suggested on comment cards it would be great. If the weather is warm and you've been on a long excursion, a few drinks and a quick dinner by the pool would be bliss.

Agree totally! It will be a perfect option on our Australian Circumnavigation.