Suite letdown

Coffeeluvr05

Just returned from a Vista Suite on the Emerald. Loved it! Best room steward ever.

I have loved Vista Suites on the Grand, too.

Vista suite balcony views in Alaska are fantastic!

Complimentary dinners (first night) at Crown Grill are fab.

Sorry the OP's experience did not meet expectations.

My post cruise letter was very polite. As an Elite passenger I should have had the courtesy of a phone call or email acknowledgement. Now I'm not sure which email address it was sent to, but the Princess customer service agent gave it to me. Just so disappointed in the sudden negative changes in the Princess experience.

I have always received a phone call after I have sent a post letter regarding a problem we experienced. I don't think I have ever had to go to the service desk more than once when I have had an issue. Many times a supervisor has called and then said they would like to stop by. Some people are very demanding and I try to be polite and joke around. I have witnessed many people yelling at customer service staff.

Hope your next cruise is more enjoyable.

Note: Suite amenity lists water EVERY night so what part of first night is excluded from Every night. I trade the mini bar in so I don't have the option to use that water . I'm glad Sunny was replaced because I'm sailing on the Golden again in a window suite. I'll be glad there will be toilet paper.

You bring a water bottle....

Really, I don't understand their reasoning. Didn't get it the first and last night. But by then, I had an ample supply.

We have stayed in suites for many years. We often do 30 days of B2B2B2B...and I am only giving my opinion for the first time for the poster. We were on the Crown in 2018, went to see the Maitre'd and wanting a table for 2 in the corner. MD said you have a 2 seater. Well it was one of those that was right next to another on the couch/bench. I mentioned we were in a suite and he said well you could just do club class. DH was really mad. So, our first night did club class. I am "HIGHLY" allergic to shellfish and if you touch my fork or plate, I will have a reaction. So, in club class, the head waiter came over and he wanted all my meals for the day, along with my husband's, who was not allergic to shellfish. Didn't like that part. Know I have to do my dinner before hand, but not the entire day! So we did not do club class again for dinner...just because, everyone is getting different things, new people coming in. We prefer the traditional and have always had top notch waiters/assistant waiters/head waiters. So, for us, we boarded along with the rest of the elites. Our suite in the aft had a sewer odor the entire time, called, had people out they put stuff in the drain, which the smell was sickening and overwhelming, especially since my husband has had head and neck cancer and the smell was unbearable. Thankfully, I had packing tape and put it over the bar sink drain, which helped. DH only likes the choco covered strawberries...only available on formal night and then they run out or are not ripe at all. By the way, they knew I was allergic to shrimp and guess what they bring us, shrimp appetizers. I put it in the hallway on the floor to get it out of the room and washed my hands, leave the room and it is back in there! Gave it to the neighbor. Our room steward did not change the sheets every day and yes, they should in a suite. First time this did not happen. No I don't 'change them every day at home but 3 times a week. Our balcony glass was never 1 time cleaned, said could not do that for environmental issues. Noticed the balconies on the side of the ship were being cleaned. We cleaned it ourselves. Furniture on the balcony was stripped and never finished. We could not wipe to get the salt off. Sent our laundry out and did not get back. Asked for it. Said that it will take a couple days. I mentioned suites get it back next day. He went and got it and apparently it was done...must be when the room steward gets it. I clean the entire room, we keep things picked up, so actually, when we leave, our room is cleaner than the others. I gather all the hangers a few days in advance and put them outside for the room steward so he does not have to worry about that. No I am not going to complain and get the room steward in trouble. We are not into ruining someone's life. In addition, no menus, was not able to order off the dining room menu for in-room lunch either.

We felt a huge cutback. Yes, you get Sabatini breakfast, that is the highlight for us and a free dinner in specialty; however, it did not justify the $15,000.00 difference (30 days) from a balcony room to a suite. This year, not staying in the suite, they have even gone up more this year.

Just our opinion. I told my DH, you are in the shower for 5-10 minutes and really not in the room much...so put it in perspective, is it worth that much more? We save everything to cruise and don't go out to eat or anything, do all the work on our home ourselves, etc. etc. just can't justify it for the price.

If you are going for a week, you may want to try it, but then you will get hooked! Over time, you can cruise more in a lesser cabin, which is what I hope my DH will be happy doing.

Suites are expensive and really how much time do people spend in there room?

It depends on the room, and I spend more time in my cabin because suites have a sofa to sit upon and read a book and have a nicer more spacious feel. I wouldn't sail in an inside cabin because of it's size and lack of cheerful , natural light but understand why someone in an inside cabin would spend less time in their cabin. Its about how much much of a budget one has and their comfort level spending it.

On my next cruise, we have 5 sea days of which at least 2 will be cool out. I plan on doing afternoon tea in my suite at least one of those days and I plan to spend a lot of time on my huge balcony. Maybe even make some friends and have a party!

I'm always fascinated how folks behave on "land" - insisting on bedding be changed daily by talking to the supervisor of housekeeping - why not just ask the steward - does your maid change your bedding daily at home? :o

You really don't understand, the steward is happy to do so, but needs an okay from their supervisor. So we happily comply and tell to steward to have supervisor contact us. That is just the way it is done.

Suites are expensive and really how much time do people spend in there room?

We book suites and I find we spend too much time there. My husband would stay there all day if I did not push him to get out and about. We really could sit on our balcony all day and watch the wake. It is so relaxing for us. When we get up, we order coffee and have a few cups on the balcony. We love to have lunch on the balcony and also have friends over for pre dinner cocktail and snacks. We also love to watch movies - prefer that over MUTS. The older we get, the faster the day goes by. We love to do nothing!! We also enjoy having a few drinks before dinner at Crooners. It also depends on the itinerary.

We book suites and I find we spend too much time there. My husband would stay there all day if I did not push him to get out and about. We really could sit on our balcony all day and watch the wake. It is so relaxing for us. When we get up, we order coffee and have a few cups on the balcony. We love to have lunch on the balcony and also have friends over for pre dinner cocktail and snacks. We also love to watch movies - prefer that over MUTS. The older we get, the faster the day goes by. We love to do nothing!! We also enjoy having a few drinks before dinner at Crooners. It also depends on the itinerary.

That is why I avoid them. You don’t want to leave and experience the ship and others. Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just returned from a round trip sailing on the Golden (window suite) and in the process of composing my evaluation to Princess. It is my understanding that bed linens are changed every few days (not every day). I did receive a "sleep" amenity kit. Tubes of lotion, shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel were given instead of shower dispensers. Bath salts were also included (along with q-tip/cotton packets).

My disappointments were in the canopies selections and "enhanced" chocolates on formal nights. Both were not to my liking.

They are slowly chipping away suite amenities. They are no longer printing personalized stationary and trading a mini-bar in for coffee cards are a joke.

No dvd players nor movies on demand.

I do hope Princess understands that they do need to up their game rather than chip away at perks. I will also include Elite perks that have seemed to cheapened in my summary to Princess.

I will continue to book Window Suites. I love the location and the price is very reasonable when comparing them to deluxe CC minis/or full balcony suites.

With all due respect if you continue to book the window suites even though they are not meeting your needs why should they step up their game? I am not just speaking to you but others .

Edited by Reader0108598

With all due respect if you continue to book the window suites even though they are not meeting your needs why should they step up their game? I am not just speaking to you but others .

They should meet everyone who books a cabins need. The crew seem to treat these suites as step children. Why should guests have to hunt down toilet paper!!!

We just got back from our 6th Princess suite (this time Premium, PH and Owner's before) on the Majestic Princess and everything was as expected except for the water.

On the Grand, Pacific, and Star, we got 2 mini-bottles of champagne.

On the Majestic, we got 2 glasses.

Room steward changed our sheets daily (he said every 3 days for other cabins) and had our cabin serviced before we returned from breakfast. Laundry turned in everyday before 9am, and returned that evening. He brought the MDR menus everyday too.

I made a comment about our drooping orchid plant so they swapped it out for a fresher one mid cruise.

We got our personalized stationary, the fancy silver pen, our leather wallets, the plate of light and dark chocolates on formal nights, and even rose corsage/boutonniere for the first formal night.

We tried out body pillows, therapeutic pillows, and settled on 6 of their regular over-stuffed queen sized pillows. Left the sleep kit in a drawer, and used the tubes of conditioner from the two gold sacks of stuff. Also had slippers and spa robes.

There were also two blankets and two beach towels in one of the closets.

Too lazy to fill out the nightly canapes card, so I called in a standing order for just 2 (normally 6) Grand Marnier profiteroles every night to be delievered at 7pm.

We traded out our two minibars (elite + suite) for two bottles of wine. Room service would not deliver the two bottles of water until the next day when they brought 22 bottles at once (12-day cruise).

Overall very pleased with the suite perks although I do miss the chocolate covered strawberries.

Should mention that we had DVD players (and library) on the Grand, Star, and Pacific) but Movies on Demand on the Majestic. Hubby watched the new Star Wars movie one night.

We have two more PH suites booked.

I was in a penthouse suite, only once, and it was a comp upgrade. I was surprised at the level of service from my steward. I had to ask for everything, several times. There were three of us in the suite, myself, my daughter and her friend. What we received was only for two. Our dining times were not the same, nothing made sense. I called the front desk and asked them if they knew there were three of us in the cabin, not two. Of course we know was the response! Then on formal nights we received two corsages and one boutonniere. I finally gave up. It was the strangest experience and my steward was totally out to lunch, the whole cruise.

I definitely was not expecting, or wanting, a butler, but I thought the stewards would be a grade above.

I wonder if the stewards know who pays full price and who was upgraded, or took an upsell, and if that would factor into the level of service.

We just got back from our 6th Princess suite (this time Premium, PH and Owner's before) on the Majestic Princess and everything was as expected except for the water.

On the Grand, Pacific, and Star, we got 2 mini-bottles of champagne.

On the Majestic, we got 2 glasses.

Room steward changed our sheets daily (he said every 3 days for other cabins) and had our cabin serviced before we returned from breakfast. Laundry turned in everyday before 9am, and returned that evening. He brought the MDR menus everyday too.

I made a comment about our drooping orchid plant so they swapped it out for a fresher one mid cruise.

We got our personalized stationary, the fancy silver pen, our leather wallets, the plate of light and dark chocolates on formal nights, and even rose corsage/boutonniere for the first formal night.

We tried out body pillows, therapeutic pillows, and settled on 6 of their regular over-stuffed queen sized pillows. Left the sleep kit in a drawer, and used the tubes of conditioner from the two gold sacks of stuff. Also had slippers and spa robes.

There were also two blankets and two beach towels in one of the closets.

Too lazy to fill out the nightly canapes card, so I called in a standing order for just 2 (normally 6) Grand Marnier profiteroles every night to be delievered at 7pm.

We traded out our two minibars (elite + suite) for two bottles of wine. Room service would not deliver the two bottles of water until the next day when they brought 22 bottles at once (12-day cruise).

Overall very pleased with the suite perks although I do miss the chocolate covered strawberries.

Should mention that we had DVD players (and library) on the Grand, Star, and Pacific) but Movies on Demand on the Majestic. Hubby watched the new Star Wars movie one night.

We have two more PH suites booked.

We received about 1/10th of that last month. :mad::rolleyes::mad:

They should meet everyone who books a cabins need. The crew seem to treat these suites as step children. Why should guests have to hunt down toilet paper!!!

I totaly agree but why would you keep booking the suite if they are not meeting your needs ? It is more than one person who has a complaint. They will never step up their game if people book anyway!

I just returned from a round trip sailing on the Golden (window suite) and in the process of composing my evaluation to Princess. It is my understanding that bed linens are changed every few days (not every day). I did receive a "sleep" amenity kit. Tubes of lotion, shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel were given instead of shower dispensers. Bath salts were also included (along with q-tip/cotton packets).

My disappointments were in the canopies selections and "enhanced" chocolates on formal nights. Both were not to my liking.

They are slowly chipping away suite amenities. They are no longer printing personalized stationary and trading a mini-bar in for coffee cards are a joke.

No dvd players nor movies on demand.

I do hope Princess understands that they do need to up their game rather than chip away at perks. I will also include Elite perks that have seemed to cheapened in my summary to Princess.

I will continue to book Window Suites. I love the location and the price is very reasonable when comparing them to deluxe CC minis/or full balcony suites.

Does anyone actually write letters and use stationary any more? That is so archaic.

DON

Does anyone actually write letters and use stationary any more? That is so archaic.

DON

Yes, I still write letters and thank you notes to those who are thoughtful enough to give me a gift. Don't you? Handwritten letter writing is much more personal (not to mention a Primary historical source). I do not consider myself archaic (to which I object). I have a smart phone (and know how to use it), am computer literate, and educated.

And, as I mentioned before, I like the Window Suites and will book them. I address suite issues that arise and they are usually resolved during my cruise. I do not feel like a step-child. But I also understand that my steward services cabins on a different deck and try to make his/her life as easy as possible. For me, Window Suites are an affordable way to travel. I don't need a balcony and love the location.

It is all in your attitude and approach. I am on a cruise. It doesn't get much better than that.

I totaly agree but why would you keep booking the suite if they are not meeting your needs ? It is more than one person who has a complaint. They will never step up their game if people book anyway!

Because I like suites and will continue to call guest services or whom ever I need to get what is paid for. Maybe they will step up their game. I have one more cruise on Princess then I am booked with Azamara. I took a balcony cabin on Azamara, they have no intermediate between balcony and suite like Mini suites. I anticipate the service to be as advertised and of course will do some comparisons. I am not loyal to any cruise line, I go where the itinerary and timing meet my needs. So far I can state from experience that NCL and Celebrity's suites are head and shoulders above Princess but they don't always sail when and where I want to go.

If anyone thinks having to hunt down basics like toilet paper is appropriate they are far more easy going them myself.

I was in a penthouse suite, only once, and it was a comp upgrade. I was surprised at the level of service from my steward. I had to ask for everything, several times. There were three of us in the suite, myself, my daughter and her friend. What we received was only for two. Our dining times were not the same, nothing made sense. I called the front desk and asked them if they knew there were three of us in the cabin, not two. Of course we know was the response! Then on formal nights we received two corsages and one boutonniere. I finally gave up. It was the strangest experience and my steward was totally out to lunch, the whole cruise.

I definitely was not expecting, or wanting, a butler, but I thought the stewards would be a grade above.

I wonder if the stewards know who pays full price and who was upgraded, or took an upsell, and if that would factor into the level of service.

The room stewards just have a list with your names on it. Some room stewards are just better than others. The one we had on the Pacific (aft Owners suite) had to be reminded to bring new laundry bags and slips when he took our daily laundry.

The two on the Grand (penthouse suite) and the Majestic (premium suite) were the best we had in 30 cruises. I am still FB friends with the one on the Grand.

Having sailed in all classes (grand too) suites, Princess is a pain for us. I do more than I should have to fr a suite, I take the list from brochure of what suites get.

Other cruise lines do cater better to suites. I have not yet sailed on the newer ships, maybe the suite service is better.

As far as suites, Grand Suite always worth it for the room, again service will not be any different than any of the other suites, at least never was for us.

Personally I prefer the window suite room as a lot more storage and the bigger bathroom with one door, unless a grand suite. I get a lounge chair with great service in the sanctuary and haven't missed the balcony.

We book for the room first and hope service will be good.

Happy sailings and maybe try another cruise line, you will see the differences. Sandipalms

On my next cruise, we have 5 sea days of which at least 2 will be cool out. I plan on doing afternoon tea in my suite at least one of those days and I plan to spend a lot of time on my huge balcony. Maybe even make some friends and have a party!

We have hosted Afternoon Tea in our suites twice now for our CC Rollcall groups. Way too much food.