Captains Club.

chromered7

The Captain's Club is the name of Celebrity's loyalty program. You can register and as you cruise more you earned extras, e.g discounts on internet, laundry benefits, one category upgrade on booking, etc

If you look at the Celebrity website you will find a full description, how to earn points and the tiers and benefits.

Are you asking what Captain's Club is?

from the Celebrity website's FAQ:

Q.What is Captain's Club and how do I join?

A.Captain's Club is Celebrity Cruises' recognition and rewards program. There are currently six tiers: Preview, Classic, Select, Elite, Elite Plus and Zenith. The more you sail, the more rewarding your experience becomes.

For information on member benefits or to enroll contact captains club Captain's Club

Captain's Club and its encompassing benefits and activities are applicable to all Celebrity ships with the exception of Celebrity Xpedition®.

Celebrity's Captain's Club program offers reciprocity with Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor program and Azamara's Le Club Voyage program.

Captain's Club Classic members receive Le Club Voyage Adventurer benefits. Captain's Club Select members receive Crown & Anchor Platinum and Le Club Voyage Explorer benefits. Captain's Club Elite members receive Crown & Anchor Diamond and Le Club Voyage Discoverer benefits. The same holds true for Crown & Anchor members and Le Club Voyage members when sailing on Celebrity.

Credits are not combinable across brands*; however as members move up in tier, the membership level will be automatically upgraded across all enrolled programs. If you are currently a member of both Captain's Club and Crown & Anchor programs, you will automatically receive benefits based on your highest membership level between the two. The benefits of the two programs will stay independent, and the number of sailings a member accrues on each brand will not be combined. You will earn the tier credit for the brand you are sailing as long as you are a member of that brand's loyalty program.

If you are a Captain's Club member but not a member of the Crown & Anchor Society, and plan on sailing with Royal Caribbean, or you are a Crown & Anchor member but not a Captain's Club member and plan on sailing with Celebrity Cruises, please call the OneTouch Engagement Center at 1-800-760-0654 if within the U.S. or contact your International Office or Representative if outside the U.S. to enroll in the equivalent tier.

Also, please remember to provide your membership number when booking a Celebrity cruise to ensure you receive your membership credits and benefits while sailing.

* Azamara Club Cruises Note: For a limited time, guests who sail on Celebrity Cruises and Azamara Club Cruises will earn credits towards their memberships in both Captain's Club and Le Club Voyage, regardless of which brand they sail. Both Captain's Club and Le Club Voyage members will enjoy the benefits of their tier levels on both lines. The program terms may be subject to change.

I believe the OP is asking..”Does having a loyalty program influence one’s decision in choosing a cruise and/or cruiseline?” Am I correct OP?

If that's the question, for my husband it's "yes." He loves the perks we receive and it's very hard to convince him to try another cruise line (unless Star Trek is involved)

• Haha 1

As with all liyalty programs, it’s only a benefit if you choose to avail yourself of it. If you never intend to do laundry, the laundry benefit is not valuable to you. If you never intend to used the Internet, then that benefit is not a benefit to you. If you don’t eat gelato, the scoop of gelato doesn’t interest you. But we like all those things, so Captain’s Cub is something we enjoy

The reason I asked the question was because I was curious if they thought it added any value to you choosing Celebrity as a cruise line. We will become Elite after our next cruise and think it does help when choosing a cruise line. Would we like more perks of course but as cruise prices continue to rise I hope they do not disappear or get watered down .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The reason I asked the question was because I was curious if they thought it added any value to you choosing Celebrity as a cruise line.

It only adds value once you've climbed high enough on the loyalty ladder to get all those added perks. So until then, no. A ship or cruise line has to stand on its own merits. And if it can't to that, it's highly unlikely that I would stick with that line long enough to accrue all of those loyalty points. OTOH, if I had sailed often enough to reach elite, or beyond, one would think that continuing to choose X would primarily be because we preferred their sailing experience, and the loyalty perks were simply a nice side benefit (not a determining factor).

We are mid-pack in the Loyalty Tiers (ELITE) and very much appreciate the benefits allocated. We take advantage of the laundry / dry-clean services, the internet discount (when we do not have Go Best), and occasionally will attend the Captain’s Club breakfast. In South America, the priority tendering was much appreciated to enjoy our private excursions that were scheduled shortly after docking.

Sure it does. I'm currently Elite on Celebrity and will move to Elite Plus after my cruise on the Edge in January. I've been sailing with Celebrity since 1993 on the Zenith. It is nice that once you reach status on Celebrity that you get Diamond status on Royal.

The question as asked by the OP makes me look around for my blue book from college finals days asking me to discuss the given topic! Short answer, yes and no. Yes the perks are nice, no if I see an itinerary I like somewhere other than X.

The Zenith benefits are fantastic and really add to my cruise experience. I especially enjoy the access to Michael's Club and the unlimited laundry and Internet benefits.

Of course. But to get to Zenith you must have chosen Celebrity many, many times before such a level even existed. Unfortunately, the level is so very, very hard to reach that most of us never stand a chance to get there. I've been cruising Celebrity since 1992, with almost 50 cruises under my belt. I'm about half-way there. Wish they would create a level in-between Elite Plus and Zenith. But I digress (ok, yes, I'm jealous:)). The perks we do get are very nice, but overall it is Celebrity itself that lures us back time after time.

I know a new level between Elite Plus and Zenith has been discussed many times. It only takes 300 points to become Elite. We are at 1500 points. We will never reach Zenith. We think the suites on X have become over priced. For that money were have cruised the premium and luxury lines. I think at 1500 points the drink pkg. should be added.

The reason I asked the question was because I was curious if they thought it added any value to you choosing Celebrity as a cruise line. We will become Elite after our next cruise and think it does help when choosing a cruise line. Would we like more perks of course but as cruise prices continue to rise I hope they do not disappear or get watered down .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were already at Elite level when we started sailing X due to Royal sailings and have continued because we enjoyed the experience at a price we considered appropriate. Our last cruise, we decided to try another line because of the lack of new itineraries on X, the not so stellar experience on Reflection and now the continuing high prices compared to other lines. The minutes of free internet and bag of laundry are not the most important things we consider when booking a cruise.

So, we’ve booked our next cruise on the other line and we still have 2 placeholder sailings on X to confirm - which we will when we feel X provides the value for money for a desired itinerary compared to what others are offering.

Hi

I am Elite (hate this termination) with Celebrity and enjoy some of the the perks that go with this level of loyalty.I do cruise other lines as well, as the itinerary is more important to me than brand loyalty.Saying that, I do enjoy Celebrity's style.

But, I do wish that there was a substitute for the newish '3 drinks loaded onto your sea pass' if no club lounge is provided on your cruise.The reason i say this is because Celebrity wants to sell us a drinks package (in my case they do not have to try too hard) and after buying said drinks package my captains club perk basically disappears as not only do the drinks become superfluous I cannot enjoy a social gathering with fellow like minded regulars in a private lounge.

If this is now going to be 'the norm' on future cruises perhaps a choice of 3 drinks or 1-2 speciality meals or obc depending on your preference would be more appealing. Thoughts?

Jazz:)

Hi

I am Elite (hate this termination) with Celebrity and enjoy some of the the perks that go with this level of loyalty.I do cruise other lines as well, as the itinerary is more important to me than brand loyalty.Saying that, I do enjoy Celebrity's style.

But, I do wish that there was a substitute for the newish '3 drinks loaded onto your sea pass' if no club lounge is provided on your cruise.The reason i say this is because Celebrity wants to sell us a drinks package (in my case they do not have to try too hard) and after buying said drinks package my captains club perk basically disappears as not only do the drinks become superfluous I cannot enjoy a social gathering with fellow like minded regulars in a private lounge.

If this is now going to be 'the norm' on future cruises perhaps a choice of 3 drinks or 1-2 speciality meals or obc depending on your preference would be more appealing. Thoughts?

Jazz:)

Where did your read or hear this?