New and Improved CC

1 minute ago, Aquahound said:

Until I find a better way, if it exists, I'm clicking on the gray "Royal Caribbean International" at the top of this thread.  It's where it shows the mapping to this thread just above "New and Improved CC"

There is a Royal Caribbean and go to topic listing that you can click on that is at the bottom left of the screen too.  I use that so I don't have to keep scrolling back up to the top.

I haven't been logged out, but I did spend about half an hour going through the account settings this afternoon.  I noticed was that my laptop and phone had the same chrome session ID and that every time I logged in was listed as a device.  I signed out of all the sessions other than the one I am now using.  

I've moved around reading different threads and haven't been logged out, other than when I close the browser.  I don't use "remember me" so that is normal.  I mostly go back to the main page using the breadcrumbs at the top.  I admit I have not been posting a lot.  

13 minutes ago, jaspercat said:

Thanks, Catherine!  Unfortunately, I have learned a very expensive lesson here.  I have lost all those review photos.  I really hope that CC will restore them.

I will be looking into a blog site, but will announce here if I do a review on a blog.  I have been very fond of, and loyal to CC for so many years, but this update has proven that I should not have trusted “free”.   At the least, I will back up reviews on a word processor in the future... That hindsight 20/20 thing irks!!! 😬

Edited by APDMOM
wrong quote

6 minutes ago, APDMOM said:

Testing photo feature to see how many MB’s it takes from the cap:

How much data was used APDMOM?

I’m contemplating posting more photos to YouTube and embed them in my reviews. I’m sad I lost the past review pictures, but Photobucket did me in years ago as well. I don’t overly want to pay for photo storage now.  

I guess when one uses up their new storage level amounts, one could set up a new account with a very similar name and start over again. 😉

14 minutes ago, Desert Cruizers said:

What is everyone doing to get back to the main board. I can't leave here, except to go to my user name and access my Roll Calls

Gay

I'm clicking on the Royal Caribbean International at the top or bottom of the thread 

2 minutes ago, APDMOM said:

Thanks, Paul!  Unfortunately, I have learned a very expensive lesson here.  I have lost all those review photos.  I really hope that CC will restore them.

I will be looking into a blog site, but will announce here if I do a review on a blog.  I have been very fond of, and loyal to CC for so many years, but this update has proven that I should not have trusted “free”.   At the least, I will back up reviews on a word processor in the future... That hindsight 20/20 thing irks!!! 😬

Hi APDMOM -- I will be very sad to see you leave, if it comes to that. I've enjoyed your posts/photos and often have recommended your threads to people searching for info.

2 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I’m contemplating posting more photos to YouTube and embed them in my reviews. I’m sad I lost the past review pictures, but Photobucket did me in years ago as well. I don’t overly want to pay for photo storage now.  

I guess when one uses up their new storage level amounts, one could set up a new account with a very similar name and start over again. 😉

It was only about 170kb’s each.  I posted from my iOad, and pictures were directly uploaded to iPad from my NIKON.

You know I always follow along with your travels, so I am bummed all those helpful review pictures, menus and dailies posted by everyone are now gone!

2 minutes ago, jaspercat said:

Hi APDMOM -- I will be very sad to see you leave, if it comes to that. I've enjoyed your posts/photos and often have recommended your threads to people searching for info.

Thanks, Catherine!  Sorry about the misquote of your name... Thought I was quoting Paul 😂  I will NOT blame that one on CC... it was pure user error.

6 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Oh crap! All of yours too Andrew?

I totally understand they need to 'change' but - be a good provider of threads/photos and just don't destroy that history - it's not just the poster it's relied on by other viewers. Just like ADPMOM's. :( 

2 minutes ago, APDMOM said:

It was only about 170kb’s each.  I posted from my iOad, and pictures were directly uploaded to iPad from my NIKON.

You know I always follow along with your travels, so I am bummed all those helpful review pictures, menus and dailies posted by everyone are now gone!

Going forward I won’t use my “data” for posting Menus and Compasses.  It has to be something great on paper for me to use it. I’m still planning on going live on Thursday and one week will tell me how long this account will work for me.😉

16 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I thought I read that as well. 

Same here, guess we all misread. 🙂

Thinking my last live may be my last, and I had just come back from a break from doing them for a few years. 🙂

Will see I guess, have two weeks until the next cruise to decide. Maybe things will settle down by then and they will have restored all old posts that had pictures in them so that the pictures show again.

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

They are there on my iPad and iPhone but I can’t click on it to go to the first unread.  I can do it on my Mac though. Nit goes right to the first unread post....

Strange. Might be my fingers VS mouse. 

How are you seeing CC on your iPad/Phone?  I had the app and can't login and just read the app no longer exists.  Thanks.

8 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Going forward I won’t use my “data” for posting Menus and Compasses.  It has to be something great on paper for me to use it. I’m still planning on going live on Thursday and one week will tell me how long this account will work for me.😉

Hi Andrew -- you do so much when you post Live. It is appreciated, I know people are infatuated with menus and compasses, but you shouldn't have to spend your time/vacation on that. Spend it on YOUR TIME.

8 hours ago, molly361 said:

Thanks  Have my font set at LARGE but the print on here is still very small

I like web pages, and apps are so so.  So does this mean that apps are going away and we are going back to the good ole days of the 2000s with web pages.  If so I am 100% in....:classic_love:

jc

Need some help here and if it has been answered I am sorry but I am frustrated. I turned off notifications today because it was getting annoying. It didn’t work when I did it in my profile settings so I changed it in the thread also. I was out tonight and I must have gotten 40 emails about new posts in this thread. Help me please.