New and Improved CC

1 hour ago, vacationlover_mn said:

I am using safari on an iPhone X.  Any idea how I can easily jump to the forums I had previously subscribed to, and posts I had participated in?

i currently really miss the app 😞

I know exactly what you mean. I don't see a way to do that either on my iPhone. The app was more user friendly than the website ever was. They should have kept the app and scrapped the website. I accessed CC 90% of the time on my phone. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Also, I don’t see how to “jump to first unread”

It was moved to "outside" the thread, to the left of the thread name. It's either the Blue Dot or Blue Star ( star means you posted on the thread). Click on it & it'll take you to the first unread post within the thread.

If the Dot/Star is grey, than there is no unread posts. 

I like it. It saves a click of the mouse as you can click into the thread & go straight to the first unread post.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Yeah, I'm waiting for an answer to this one, too.

Also, is there a way to tell if someone is logged in? There used to be a green indicator to tell you.

Hover the cursor over the users profile on the left side. It'll show you when they last logged in. If the circle is there, then they are still logged in.

There is also a list of active people on the main page. Last I looked, there were over 1,500 people logged in at the same time. But the order seems random....or maybe it was in order of when they logged on.

Right now for me to go around to see if there has been a Post to a thread I have been on, I am clicking on the Thread Title. I can see if a person has just posted to a particular thread as their name is shown and how many Min/hrs ago they posted. What are some of you referring to First Unread. & a Dot or Star, as i am not seeing it to the left of Thread Name?  I see 4 gray stars below the title on the left. what are those. 

Gay

Edited by Desert Cruizers

4 minutes ago, Desert Cruizers said:

Right now for me to go around to see if there has been a Post to a thread I have been on, I am clicking on the Thread Title. I can see if a person has just posted to a particular thread as their name is shown and how many Min/hrs ago they posted. What are some of you referring to First Unread. & a Dot or Star, as i am not seeing it to the left of Thread Name?  I see 4 gray stars below the title on the left. what are those. 

Gay

Before you click into the Thread Title - on the "main" Royal Caribbean page - there is either a dot or star. If it's blue, there are unread posts. Click on the dot/star will take you to the first unread post.  If it's grey, then there are no new posts.

Star = you posted in that thread before.

Dot = you have not posted in the thread before.

1 minute ago, Mikew0805 said:

I like it. Very modern and clean. 

Signatures are big, but just click by them to turn them off or turn off in settings. Then it is much easier to read.

I did click by them to turn them off. But now I don't know how to get them back?

20 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

The first thing I did was collapse them. I don't know how to get them back but they are gone

You can get them back in settings if you click on your name at the upper right. I wouldn't though for a while until they start getting cleaned up. I have to clean my up and make it much smaller and easier to read, or just not have one. 

1 minute ago, HBE4 said:

I did click by them to turn them off. But now I don't know how to get them back?

Click your name in the upper right, then account settings, then signatures, then click the slider to turn them back on and save. The only issue is if your signature does not meet the guideline it will not let you save until you fix it. I had to remove a countdown clock, then it let me save.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

I know exactly what you mean. I don't see a way to do that either on my iPhone. The app was more user friendly than the website ever was. They should have kept the app and scrapped the website. I accessed CC 90% of the time on my phone. 

Navigate to https://boards.cruisecritic.com/discover/followed-content/ and put that shortcut on your desktop.

3 minutes ago, Desert Cruizers said:

HBE4, I am not finding this Star on the main page, is it upper Left/Right, where? I did early on, click the be notify tab below my posts so I am alerted to someone replying to me which is nice. 

Gay

It's to the immediate left of the thread name, on the page that has the list of thread titles.

4 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

Click your name in the upper right, then account settings, then signatures, then click the slider to turn them back on and save. The only issue is if your signature does not meet the guideline it will not let you save until you fix it. I had to remove a countdown clock, then it let me save.

Got it, thanks!

I never set-up my signature yet. But I like to look at other's occasionally.

This has been an interesting day. I couldn't get past the CC's main page for quite awhile, and I certainly wasn't trying when it supposedly went live -- got a lot of 'too many connections' messages.Now I find at Font 14 it is readable - so why have anything less?

I like others, have lived through other enhancements and agree we will survive! It doesn't hurt to post you have you issues or send them to CC -- not everyone runs the same software, has the same computer/laptop/tabloid, etc.