New and Improved CC

22 minutes ago, PCWalton1 said:

They had mentioned the CC app was going away but I see Tapatalk is not working either. I really hope they have more sense than to restrict avenues to their own website. unless that is a method to reduce postings .  :classic_unsure:

BTW can someone tell me how to access favorites now?

The Cruise Critic app and Tapatalk are pretty much the same thing. Tapatalk offers the ability to private brand their app and lock it to one forum for a cost. They both use the same plugin and the same code base though. The only reason the CC app went away was because they decided for some reason to drop Tapatalk support.

Just getting on for the first time but font size/brightness seems fine now.  Don't know what it was like originally.  I always have my browser zoom set to 125% (old eyes) so maybe that's helping.  I also have the expand signature option.  Haven't tried playing with other options yet.

OK...I see the speed problem now.  Took forever for my last message to post.  I DO like the ability to however over a thread on the main page and see the popup with more preview text than before.  I also tried copy/pasting a picture from Shutterfly which looked ugly in the editing process but looked OK in the preview window.

4 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Also, I don’t see how to “jump to first unread”

Yeah, I'm waiting for an answer to this one, too.

Also, is there a way to tell if someone is logged in? There used to be a green indicator to tell you.

29 minutes ago, ProvoAggie said:

The Cruise Critic app and Tapatalk are pretty much the same thing. Tapatalk offers the ability to private brand their app and lock it to one forum for a cost. They both use the same plugin and the same code base though. The only reason the CC app went away was because they decided for some reason to drop Tapatalk support.

Let me guess, two reasons they dropped it. It cost them money to maintain and it drops the number of postings thus slowing the growth of the database. 

I tried on my phone to use a browser to connect to CC but it automatically switches to Tapatalk when I select a category on CC. I don't want to uninstall Tapatalk as I use it for other chat areas. So now I can only post if I am at a computer. :classic_angry:

Bush League

2 hours ago, mafig said:

Since I've replied to this thread I should have a blue star, right?

I don't.  The dot is gray, not bolded blue.  Does this mean I've replied?  Or just read?

Hmm, it shows for me.  Maybe you can try refreshing the page?  

Oh I just saw you already have it straightened out.  :classic_smile:  

Edited by molole

First, something can not be both New and Improved. Cruise Critic is not new and as far as improved, I will need time to judge for myself.

I remember members complaining that the screen was too bright the last time they did an update. Maybe they will soften the background in time. My font is black and not difficult to read. Maybe it's the setting on my desk top computer. I did bump up the font size though.

As far as being mobile friendly it's anything but. There doesn't seem to be a way to follow threads that you either subscribed to, started, or participated in. The print is a way smaller version of what I see on the desk top. The app had a better view. Those of you who have been using the App will know what I mean. If I'm  just not using it correctly please let me know what I need to do. I also can't toggle between different boards with out having to go back to the main page and look for the cruise line that I want to view.

Photos are easy to post so that's a big plus

IMG_0046.JPG

Edited by Iamcruzin