New and Improved CC

14 minutes ago, Desert Cruizers said:

Something is wrong on my screen, just not seeing any Stars or Dots at all. I am able to see if someone posted as it lists their names and when they posted but that is it. 

Gay

The page has to think you are logged in. I've found that as I navigate my login status changed. If Log Out shows on the right of the CC banner bar, you should see the dots/start. If Logon show, you will not.

Don't like it.  Not sure why the change was made, as I had an easier time finding the information I needed on the old site.  I mean, that's the whole point of a site like this, isn't it? 

Dump whatever consultant talk CC into the redesign, and fire whoever fell for the pitch.

Well, if it ain't broke, keep fixing it until it is.

7 minutes ago, dogbert64 said:

Don't like it.  Not sure why the change was made, as I had an easier time finding the information I needed on the old site.  I mean, that's the whole point of a site like this, isn't it? 

Dump whatever consultant talk CC into the redesign, and fire whoever fell for the pitch.

Well, if it ain't broke, keep fixing it until it is.

Trust me I understand. However as technology changes, software changes, hardware changes and all the big players want their product to be the best, platforms like CC have to change/update or be left behind.

Let's see, we had 75's on a turntable for all those great classics; then the standard LPs and 45s -- all made a ton of money for the recording studios and the artists. Then technology started to change -- tape recording; MTV (or whatever); 8-track; cassettes; CDs, etc., etc. It all changed -- just like software/hardware does.

33 minutes ago, Desert Cruizers said:

Something is wrong on my screen, just not seeing any Stars or Dots at all. I am able to see if someone posted as it lists their names and when they posted but that is it. 

Gay

They must be doing a programming change again or something, because they are gone.

I noticed as I go back & forth it will show me in or out. Reallyitsmema, I am not going to worry about it now, probably in a day or two as I learn to navigate I will learn more. It has gotten easier since this morning. I am afraid to log out tonight for fear I won't get back on, had a terrible time this morning. 

Gay

10 minutes ago, dcgrumpy said:

Stars and dots are still there for me. 

They are there on my iPad and iPhone but I can’t click on it to go to the first unread.  I can do it on my Mac though. Nit goes right to the first unread post....

Strange. Might be my fingers VS mouse. 

14 minutes ago, dcgrumpy said:

Stars and dots are still there for me. 

I keep getting logged out even though I have told it to remember me.  Right now, I have dots and stars and it hasn't logged me out, we will see how long that lasts.  Still a work in progress from the looks of it, it will settle down and I will get used to the changes.  I was out all day, so I am just catching up on the changes.  Looks like they already worked on font size and boldness as this seems fine to read.

7 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I keep getting logged out even though I have told it to remember me.  Right now, I have dots and stars and it hasn't logged me out, we will see how long that lasts.  Still a work in progress from the looks of it, it will settle down and I will get used to the changes.  I was out all day, so I am just catching up on the changes.  Looks like they already worked on font size and boldness as this seems fine to read.

I’m starting to get used to it. We leave on a Friday and I’m starting to have some confidence to go “Live”.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, jaspercat said:

Trust me I understand. However as technology changes, software changes, hardware changes and all the big players want their product to be the best, platforms like CC have to change/update or be left behind.

Let's see, we had 75's on a turntable for all those great classics; then the standard LPs and 45s -- all made a ton of money for the recording studios and the artists. Then technology started to change -- tape recording; MTV (or whatever); 8-track; cassettes; CDs, etc., etc. It all changed -- just like software/hardware does.

Fine but the future is mobile. Not having a mobile app is a step back and if they don’t correct their mistake they are going to be left behind. I known a lot of people who don’t use a computer anymore. They do everything on their smartphone. I used to take my laptop on cruises. Have not for years. Don’t take it out of the house. My smartphone is with me everywhere. They touted the mobile experience being improved with the change. It may be a step forward for anyone who was using a web browser on their phone to read forums under the old format but not supporting the mobile apps is a huge step back. The Cruise Critic mobile experience is terrible with a web browser on a smartphone. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Desert Cruizers said:

How can you navigate CC without it logging you out. Every time I try and go back to the main page it logs me out. Perhaps I should use my Back Arrow but that seems to kick me out  but clicking Forums doesn't work either. Bob Help. LOL

Gay

I'm having the same issue, been logged out several times tonight.

I am very disappointed we did not at least get a warning that we would lose HOURS and HOURS of work on reviews.  No pictures showing up after all that time spent to capture our memories and help others.  I would have even paid for a CC membership if that option were given to store our reviews and data.  Now, it is just gone!  

Also, CC indicates that there is a total cap of 488 MB for attachments.  Does that mean no more elaborate picture reviews?  I think it is time to start my own blog.  

I know it is free, but why not give a paid option for those of us who really enjoy the review writing?  I hope CC will fix this and restore Tapatalk support!

88652AE5-199D-4062-B66D-3633CCE80052.jpeg

25 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I’m starting to get used to it. We leave on a Friday and I’m starting to have some confidence to go “Live”.

Sucks that all the pictures from old lives didn't survive thru the transition. Nothing but words and url links now. Guess the good news is new ones going forward should show.

• Like 1