How can I not show my Signature?

Hello,

There doesnt seem to be a way to omit your signature from your post if you want. I usually would check the "omit signature" box when posting. Is that available, or do we have to see everyone long and very light/tiny signatures everytime we post?  I hope that can be fixed.

I second that request. I'd like the old option of not including my signature in a post, but don't want to delete it entirely.  And I do like to see other people's signatures, so the "expand" signature option was great too.  I hope those two functions can be restored.  

Yep, this does need fixed!! People with a lot of past cruises listed in their signature are taking up a LOT of space on the roll calls with their posts. Me included, and it's not intentional. I didn't find anyplace to click on  to not have it show up with every post.

Edited by flamomo

5 hours ago, NurseJEB said:

Just don't make a signature!

The signatures can be very useful. Someone says “...I was on xyz and I thought the food and service were terrible! I much prefer qzy line...” That is when it’s time to look at the sig, find out that she was on xyz 14 years ago, hasn’t been on any cruise in 10 years, and her opinions should be given all the weight they deserve. Zero. Ongoing discussions with known people, no need for such a background check. Which is why the previous optional “expand signature” was an ideal compromise.

Stan

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, OVgirl said:

Regarding signatures, sometimes I like to look at a posters signature and am able to see it using the expand 'button'.

However, after having looked at it there is no way to collapse it.

I hope someone figures this out?

Bob

1 hour ago, Clay Clayton said:

So color me stupid but my signature is gone or at least I don’t see it anymore.  Is it just me?

I'm on my desktop and I see the top of your signature, as well as an Expand signature drop down.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gnome12 said:

I'm on my desktop and I see the top of your signature, as well as an Expand signature drop down.

OP may have been referring to the Mobil.version.  CC said with the newly designed boards would be Mobil friendly.....

Bob

4 minutes ago, Woobstr112G said:

OP may have been referring to the Mobil.version.  CC said with the newly designed boards would be Mobil friendly.....

Bob

That was why I prefaced my remarks with the fact that I'm on my desktop.

That must be why I can’t see it.  Only mobile here.   Either phone or tablet, while traveling full time the laptop is too heavy to deal with!  

Thanks for letting me know it’s still there.  Now I just have to figure out how to update it! LOL

4 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

That must be why I can’t see it.  Only mobile here.   Either phone or tablet, while traveling full time the laptop is too heavy to deal with!  

Thanks for letting me know it’s still there.  Now I just have to figure out how to update it! LOL

Click on your name in the top right corner, then account settings, then signature. I hope it works on mobile. I'm trying to get myself set up first on desktop before I try to deal with mobile.

4 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

Click on your name in the top right corner, then account settings, then signature. I hope it works on mobile. I'm trying to get myself set up first on desktop before I try to deal with mobile.

Yes, it works that way on the mobile version too.

9 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

So color me stupid but my signature is gone or at least I don’t see it anymore.  Is it just me?

The toggle button in your Settings may be turned off:

936CC221-1E22-4DC1-8CCB-67DDC7C03E42.jpeg

Edited by *Miss G*

4 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

Now I just have to figure out how to update it! LOL

Just be aware, if you update it, you'll have to abide by the new restrictions on signatures.  

•  Maximum of 1 image
  •  
  •  Images up to 150 x 175 pixels
  •  
  •  Maximum of 3 URLs
  •  
  •  Maximum of 6 lines

I was going to hold off on editing my signature because I had 2 countdown timers, but since they weren't actually counting down, I got rid of them. I kept 1 line for each of my upcoming cruises, but put all the others in one paragraph, for me, is another 2 lines.

Hi gnome,  when i tried to edit my signature, I couldnt see how to do it. I got to the place fine, then tried writing a shorter one, which seemed less than 6 lines, it sure looked like it, but when i tried to save it, it said it was over 6 lines. what did i do wrong? I am a very low tech person.  I like all the color you used.

50 minutes ago, JoseyP said:

Hi gnome,  when i tried to edit my signature, I couldnt see how to do it. I got to the place fine, then tried writing a shorter one, which seemed less than 6 lines, it sure looked like it, but when i tried to save it, it said it was over 6 lines. what did i do wrong? I am a very low tech person.  I like all the color you used.

Not gnome... and I am only guessing at what might be happening... but you might try holding down the “Shift” key when hitting the “Return” key for a new line.  The new forum seems to be defaulting to double line spacing when you hit the “Return” key.  Holding down the “Shift” key at the same time forces it to default to one line.  Hope this helps.

Not that it means anything at this point but signatures could always be turned off.  What is unique about the new CC is that you can now turn them off by individual if you prefer to keep them on.  It’s no longer an either/or scenario.

13 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

Not gnome... and I am only guessing at what might be happening... but you might try holding down the “Shift” key when hitting the “Return” key for a new line.  The new forum seems to be defaulting to double line spacing when you hit the “Return” key.  Holding down the “Shift” key at the same time forces it to default to one line.  Hope this helps.

thank you ms G.I have made my sig very short (too short now). Would you know how i get color into it? I see the cap. A and someone said that means i can use color, but i tried and it didn't come out. Forgive me, but i am a very low tech person.

9 minutes ago, JoseyP said:

thank you ms G.I have made my sig very short (too short now). Would you know how i get color into it? I see the cap. A and someone said that means i can use color, but i tried and it didn't come out. Forgive me, but i am a very low tech person.

Sorry, Josey, I would love to be able to help but that feature does not yet work for me.  You may be experiencing the same problem I am having so it might not be you.  In time they will get the bugs worked out.  If it happens to start working for me I will post back and let you know!

25 minutes ago, JoseyP said:

Hi Josey.  I think I have a workaround solution.  Try choosing the color, first, then writing the text.  You should see it then.