I thought Dogs weren't allowed?

People who obviously "game" the system visibly demonstrate their lack of class and disregard for their fellow human beings.  

RCI is afraid to enforce anything other than smuggling alcohol for fear of receiving less than all 10s on post cruise evaluations. Since the 10s are so important, I routinely give less than a 10 when I see a lack of enforcement on their own rules - chair hogs, mobility devices stored in corridors, lap dogs in the MDR, etc.

If you don't complain when you disagree with what the cruise line is doing, then you have to accept it as status quo.

Why do you think they restrict smoking now?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I'd think more like 8 - 10.  Think of all the dogs home while people at work

You are certainly more of a dog expert than me, but is that with a pee-pad?  When we take care of our daughter's dog, she insists 4-6 hours as the longest,  but she is a Vet tech and Agility competitor, maybe more active dogs can't wait 8?  But now that I think of it she, the god, easily goes 8 hours over night. 

4 minutes ago, BillOh said:

You are certainly more of a dog expert than me, but is that with a pee-pad?  When we take care of our daughter's dog, she insists 4-6 hours as the longest,  but she is a Vet tech and Agility competitor, maybe more active dogs can't wait 8?

No pad. Nasty.  Just typical crate. Bella rarely left alone when we worked because we had work from home.  Our previous Westie was home all day though.  Generally 7-8 hours, and that's fairly normal.

What I dont get is why cruise with Fido if you really cant get off the ship?

Edited by John&LaLa

14 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

No pad. Nasty.  Just typical crate. Bella rarely left alone when we worked because we had work from home.  Our previous Westie was home all day though.  Generally 7-8 hours, and that's fairly normal.

What I dont get is why cruise with Fido if you really cant get off the ship?

Totally unrelated, just noticed the avatar. What year Mustang?

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 11:18 AM, dadofjessie said:

I totally agree!!!

As long you are willing to pay it is ok to bring it in..

Its all about money......

Next thing you can bring chickens alligators..

We are bringing my pet anaconda on my next trip...

See ya,,

• Haha 1

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 2:22 PM, Artemus said:

Great post.

One thing  I wonder is when people go to dinner without their dogs, what happens when their dog needs to go to the bathroom

my dogs are trained to go out when we get up, when we get back from work and before we go to bed. I am sure most other people keep their dogs on a schedule as well.

So, on a ship you'd also take the dog out before or after dinner, and while you are away at dinner and the dog is in the cabin, hopefully, crated, then nothing out of the ordinary will happen.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

On a related note, saw a

”service dog” (that’s what his vest said), at the mall this past weekend.  He was going up to people and sniffing them, sniffing all over the place, hard to control.  I doubt he was “in training”, because the dogs I’ve seen in the past in training have an “in training” vest.  Super doubt he was a certified service animal...

Well since there is no certifying agency you’d win your bet any which way.

• Haha 1

On 11/27/2018 at 6:22 AM, Artemus said:

Great post.

One thing  I wonder is when people go to dinner without their dogs, what happens when their dog needs to go to the bathroom

My boy is fine in the house for a full day if necessary so a couple of hours in a cabin isn’t a problem.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I'm assuming your "boy" is a male service dog, not your son.

Actually they both perform that service, sometimes it’s a race to see who can get whatever I’ve dropped first, mostly the dog wins if it’s a $50 son wins.

but here’s my boy

image.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Well since there is no certifying agency you’d win your bet any which way.

So, I’m only kinda following this thread, so maybe this was already mentioned but... wow!  I really had no idea!  Until I googled just now, I really thought service dogs were certified, and emotional support animals weren’t.  

On 11/27/2018 at 7:28 PM, SherriZ366 said:

It's Emotional Support Animals that are not allowed.  Trained Service Animals are allowed.  This applies to cruises booked after July 31, 2018.  

I do believe there is a difference between support animals and service animals? I believe the animals we are referring to here (at least for my post) are the ones people don't want to pay to have in a pet hotel while they vacation so they bring them with them as opposed to someone who has a disability and actually needs assistance from their dog.

37 minutes ago, Nessa55 said:

I do believe there is a difference between support animals and service animals? I believe the animals we are referring to here (at least for my post) are the ones people don't want to pay to have in a pet hotel while they vacation so they bring them with them as opposed to someone who has a disability and actually needs assistance from their dog.

People that need a service animal have a legitimate medical reason for this. 

People that need to bring a dog for "emotional" support need a psychiatrist not a toy dog.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1