2019 reduced benefits Crown & Anchor® Society membership.?

mcatmcat

15 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Image may contain: one or more people

Oasis security line November 4th  YES I will miss the priority line for security

Not too sure what time this was taken, but it's a sad sight.  If you fly  or drive in the day before the cruise, then you have much more flexibility about what time you arrive at the dock.  I'm thinking this is somewhere between 1 - 3pm, but that's just a guess.

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

I was just looking for a picture posted on a site that can't be named from a few weeks ago showing the line for security at PC that went all the way back into the parking garage  Can't find it

Yikes...hope that is not what we find when we get there two weeks from now.  😮  I will come back to this thread after I board, and post what I find.

Edited by island lady

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Yikes...hope that is not what we find when we get there two weeks from now.  😮  I will come back to this thread after I board, and post what I find.

I hope all goes well for you.  We just sailed on the November 11 Oasis cruise, and I have never seen the lines as long as they were last Sunday (I hadn't sailed the Oasis in two years, so that may have something to do with it). We arrived before 11 am, and the security line was already extended into the parking garage down to the car entry and pick-up lanes.

14 hours ago, splashsmom said:

I hope all goes well for you.  We just sailed on the November 11 Oasis cruise, and I have never seen the lines as long as they were last Sunday (I hadn't sailed the Oasis in two years, so that may have something to do with it). We arrived before 11 am, and the security line was already extended into the parking garage down to the car entry and pick-up lanes.

That may be the difference.  From what I remember, I don't think they open the doors until around 10:30.  I usually arrive after 11 am...the lines have moved on by then.  Will see in less than two weeks.  But...I will get on the ship at some point.  Vacation begins when we drop our bags to the porters.  😉 

I've been on the Oasis and the Allure, Mr. pcur on the Allure.  We will probably never sail on a mega-ship again.  Just tooooooo many crowds, and the eating venues were a pretty bad experience.  Jammed tables.  And, now, the security line snaking all over the place at check-in.  

Whatever RCCL did in the last few years did NOT help this procedure.  It wasn't like that when we boarded.

On 11/18/2018 at 2:31 PM, pcur said:

Not too sure what time this was taken, but it's a sad sight.  If you fly  or drive in the day before the cruise, then you have much more flexibility about what time you arrive at the dock.  I'm thinking this is somewhere between 1 - 3pm, but that's just a guess.

Oh, it was worse than that photo on 11.11.

This was taken at the halfway point of the line in the covered area by the shuttle drop off area.

Line started at the end of the ppl on the left, turned where I was standing,  continued on the right, and then got near the building.  Once we were inside, we started through the the twists and turns to the security scan. 

An armed sheriff deputy made sure no one cut the line, which was nice.  If anybody is not familar with Port Canaveral, the actual terminal building is straight ahead from where I am standing. 

Cannot see it so far away, but its there. 

Once past security, there were D+, Suite, etc. lines which went quickly. 

IMG_2186.JPG

5 minutes ago, EatonDoolittle said:

Oh, it was worse than that photo on 11.11.

This was taken at the halfway point of the line in the covered area by the shuttle drop off area.

Line started at the end of the ppl on the left, turned where I was standing,  continued on the right, and then got near the building.  Once we were inside, we started through the the twists and turns to the security scan. 

An armed sheriff deputy made sure no one cut the line, which was nice.  If anybody is not familar with Port Canaveral, the actual terminal building is straight ahead from where I am standing. 

Cannot see it so far away, but its there. 

Once past security, there were D+, Suite, etc. lines which went quickly. 

IMG_2186.JPG

YIKES  What time was that?  Trying to decide if really early or really late is better.  We are sailing in a few weeks

That was taken 12:16 PM.  It was almost 2 before we got to the cabin. 

I'd say late is better to embark, but early is best for disembarkation, unless you want to stand in similar lines to get through customs upon your return.

I left the cabin about 6:15, and was in my car at Park Port Canaveral and on the way home at 7 AM.   

There are 4 of us driving from Toronto to Miami for the Dec28 sailing of Mariner. We originally wanted to be there early, but this is making me want to wait a little bit and have lunch by the port and then eventually make our way over there to get in line. 

^ the Mariner embarkation may be more affected by construction on the way to Terminal A at POM, than by the issue described in this thread. Hopefully all construction will be over by then and you'll have no issues.

Edited by Biker19

4 hours ago, EatonDoolittle said:

That was taken 12:16 PM.  It was almost 2 before we got to the cabin. 

I'd say late is better to embark, but early is best for disembarkation, unless you want to stand in similar lines to get through customs upon your return.

I left the cabin about 6:15, and was in my car at Park Port Canaveral and on the way home at 7 AM.   

We were on the same cruise and got to the port around 1:15 and the lines were a whole lot smaller.  The non-priority lines were still backed up but everyone was in the building, the priority lines had no one waiting. 

On 11/16/2018 at 10:20 PM, Dennis#1 said:

The fastest time from entering the Port Canaveral parking garage to boarding the Oasis was 20 minutes.  My best time in Miami was 25 minutes.  Do not see how it can get any shorter.

Boarded  Symphony in Barcelona. Our shuttle dropped us off at terminal C. We had expedited boarding.  Gave our luggage to the porter and walked into a empty terminal,  Several people with iPads for checking in. Went through security and had our welcome aboard photo taken in less then 5 minutes. Steped into the Liquor store the other side of security and bought three bottles of port and one bottle of Absolute vodka and walked straight on the ship. Fastest ever boarding.  I did ask the salesperson in the liquor  store if they had any other checkpoints that would take away my Absolute  and he said no. 

We always get to the port between 10-10:30.  Both times on Harmony we have been boarding by 10:30.  On Allure in 2.5 weeks and anticipate being on before 11.  Have done Mariner 2x now out of Terminal A.  First time on by 10:45, other times before 11 am. 

On 11/16/2018 at 6:48 PM, mcatmcat said:

Hi 

As Fain put it during his speech, Royal Caribbean has it set up so you're "from the car to the bar in 10 minutes or less." I was wondering if they are getting rid of priority check-ins testing it at  Port of Miami first and then use the same strategy worldwide. My only concern is with people getting to the port really early are they going to pack them in just one big group? 

It's good to have goals.