Where do they serve wine on Reflection?

jennie77

Hi, can anyone tell me the names of the bars/lounges that serve wine on Celebrity Reflection? We will have a premium drinks package and are wine drinkers. Everything I see talks about cocktails and the one that dispenses wine by the glass from bottles does not seem to be part of the package? It's very confusing. We are on deck 10 forward near the lift and want to identify a bar we can get a glass of wine to take back to our balcony. We prefer to do that than sit in bars. Thanks, Christine

I Am sure that wine is served in every bar on-board, rather or not if they have wines you prefer in each bar is a different question and cannot be answered until you board and find out.

I recommend you consult X's website and the associated deck plans which will assist and guide you in terms of which bars are near your cabin and/or convenient for your purposes.

It is not clear to me, what confuses you. I think you may want to do some additional research on this and ask further questions if clarification(s) are needed.

bon voyage

• Like 1

The closest would be the pool bar on deck 14. There is a small bar right inside the entrance to the buffet on the port side that has a limited wine selection.  Check out the deck plans for Reflection on Celebrity's app or web site.

The best selections will be almost all of the bars on decks 3, 4 & 5. The only bars that will probably not have wine are the Martini Bar and World Class Bar.  The best selection is Cellar Masters.  If they still have the machines you cannot use your beverage package for them but they also sell wine by the glass.  Some bars are not open during the day but those on deck 14 will be.

• Thanks 1

"I Am sure that wine is served in every bar on-board, rather or not if they have wines you prefer in each bar is a different question and cannot be answered until you board and find out.

No, wine is not served in every bar.  As noted above, the Martini Bar, and the World Class bar do not serve wine.  Cafe al Bacio has a very limited selection.

The closest bars to the forward part of the ship will be Sky Lounge, which usually doesn't open until about 4 p.m., and Passport Bar, which might be open earlier.  The bar inside Oceanview Cafe (the buffet) is open all day.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

"I Am sure that wine is served in every bar on-board, rather or not if they have wines you prefer in each bar is a different question and cannot be answered until you board and find out.

No, wine is not served in every bar.  As noted above, the Martini Bar, and the World Class bar do not serve wine.  Cafe al Bacio has a very limited selection.

The closest bars to the forward part of the ship will be Sky Lounge, which usually doesn't open until about 4 p.m., and Passport Bar, which might be open earlier.  The bar inside Oceanview Cafe (the buffet) is open all day.

It could be an anomaly, I have been served wine at the Martini Bar... the first time it took a while for them to get the bottle I wanted, each time there after it was available. This was on The Summit in August 2018.

If the bartender does not want to get it for you, that is a very different issue.

Warmest regards - Happy Thanksgiving and bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, jelayne said:

I don’t think World Class Bar serves wine but the Martini Bar serves wine.

I have always been able  to get a glass of wine in the Martini Bar. The selection may be very limited, but there are a few choices. Wine selection varies from bar to bar. I would talk to the bartenders in several bars and see what they have. Don’t go by what is on the drink menu. My experience has been that there are often unlisted wines available.

• Thanks 1

Thank you all for the great information. I have printed deck plans and highlighted the bars you suggest. Next thing is trying to decide if we should upgrade from standard to premium wine package. We want to eat in the specialty restaurants on some nights and are not sure if there is wine served there that is covered by the standard package. Christine

You can always bring two bottles of your fav  wine onboard and enjoy that in your cabin...and  if you are in CC or AQ  you may trade in your comped bubbly for a reg btl..  That would give 3 for in cabin use.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jennie77 said:

Thank you all for the great information. I have printed deck plans and highlighted the bars you suggest. Next thing is trying to decide if we should upgrade from standard to premium wine package. We want to eat in the specialty restaurants on some nights and are not sure if there is wine served there that is covered by the standard package. Christine

There will almost always be a wine in your chosen package in each restaurant. If they are what you prefer, again that is another question which can be answered aboard.

IME, if there is nothing in your package 'readily' available, the Sommelier will substitute an equal or better wine without additional charge, unless you request the upgrade, otherwise they will get it for you. It may take a few moments for it to arrive, yet it will.

Were you to have a wine you want with dinner in a Specialty Dinning venue, you can let the M d' know in advance so the Sommelier can have it there, if not, just wait until you arrive.

Staff will do what they can to accommodate you. Are they always successful?  No. Yet we have found they do their best.

bon voyage

18 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

There will almost always be a wine in your chosen package in each restaurant. If they are what you prefer, again that is another question which can be answered aboard.

IME, if there is nothing in your package 'readily' available, the Sommelier will substitute an equal or better wine without additional charge, unless you request the upgrade, otherwise they will get it for you. It may take a few moments for it to arrive, yet it will.

Were you to have a wine you want with dinner in a Specialty Dinning venue, you can let the M d' know in advance so the Sommelier can have it there, if not, just wait until you arrive.

Staff will do what they can to accommodate you. Are they always successful?  No. Yet we have found they do their best.

bon voyage

I totally agree with the post.

Thank you once again. I was thinking of buying a bottle of wine onboard to take to our cabin balcony to drink using the package discount rather than struggling in the lift with glasses. Can you buy bottles of wine at any of the bars or does one have to go to a special desk? C

12 minutes ago, jennie77 said:

Thank you once again. I was thinking of buying a bottle of wine onboard to take to our cabin balcony to drink using the package discount rather than struggling in the lift with glasses. Can you buy bottles of wine at any of the bars or does one have to go to a special desk? C

Pending on how much you drink, it may be best to, initially, take two (2) bottles aboard, have your room attendant or Butler to bring you wine glasses. Usually the Steward, once asked, will have glasses in your stateroom each day...

Then, you can consider purchasing additional wine aboard.

bon voyage

• Thanks 1

Alcohol on Celebrity has quite a mark-up. 

You really would do better taking two bottles of your choice on board with you. As I understand it, you may drink it in your room but if you consume it in a public area (bar, restaurant, library etc) you will be asked to pay corkage.

I would suggest that you do not upgrade your package yet ---- see what you think of the wines that come with your package and then decide.

Celebrity does not use wine saving systems such as vacu-vin so glasses of wine may not be up to scratch because the bottle has been opened too long. Of course, the bar staff will replace any over-aired wine.

• Thanks 1

It varies from ship to ship and bar to bar.   Just do a little investigation when you get on board and see what bars have what you want.   There is nothing consistent with Celebrity.

i was surprised recently on the Infinity  to see that they had Louie XIII at one bar.   Too bad it wasn’t included in the premium package.   I think it was $150/shot.

drink up 🍸🍷🍻🍺🥂🍾😢

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jennie77 said:

hcat thank you! I had no idea you could do that. We are in a CC cabin. Do we just ask our butler? We are planning to take 2 bottles on board. C

No butler in CC...just your room steward..What you can trade for will be limitrd as the bubbly not high quality.

Check the bon voyage gift section on X website,.,.we used to order wine as a gift for us...high markup but convenient option to carrying  it on...not sure if that is still an option..if you take it to the restaurants...corkage fee applies

Suggest you check out current programs and rules.,,Lately, we just take the Classic offerings and may bring on two btls for our cabin,,,

Befire the packages, they used to offer discounts if you buy from the sommelier,,,Elite?????   But I may be out of date on this too,

Edited by hcat
  • Thanks 1

We like the idea of waiting to upgrade the package until after our first couple of nights. Thanks all. We will save the money to buy some extra bottles to have in our cabin, when we are on board, to take advantage of the discount and choice. We are not drunks honestly, but having a glass sitting on our balcony, deck or patio is a very enjoyable and important part of our holidays on land or at sea. 

"I was thinking of buying a bottle of wine onboard to take to our cabin balcony to drink using the package discount rather than struggling in the lift with glasses. "

We've only cruised twice (Reflection and Eclipse) and never once found it a struggle to fetch wine from the bar to our balcony. 

• Thanks 1

As several others have suggested, you should consider carrying on two bottles. You will save significant $$. As long as you consume it in your cabin, there is no corkage fee. If you are flying in, there are several locations near the port where you can purchase wine. The best would be Total Wine on 17th Street. Depending on when you arrive and how much time you have, you can preorder and they will have it ready for you. Don’t know where you live, so don’t know if you are familiar with Total Wine.

• Thanks 1

Hi, we are from the UK and our cruise begins in Amsterdam. We will definitely have wine with our dinner and then have a bottle in our cabin so we can have a glass on the balcony before we go to bed. We will buy 2 bottles in London after security and carry them onboard. Along with the complimentary wine in our CC cabin we will be all set up for a great holiday. We also don't want to be walking around carrying glasses of wine. Our first cruise for 14 years! C