RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

13 minutes ago, RCFirstTimer said:

It is listed as an "Ultra Spacious Ocean View with Large Balcony".  It apparently sleeps six (even though there are just 2 of us).  If this is really that much larger, why isn't it considered a junior suite (which is the next category up)?

It is different from the junior suite.  Designated 1A.  There are some on deck 11.  This will have the bed, a pull out sofa, and a set of pullman beds.  The bathroom is the typical size and does not have a bathtub like a junior suite.  We took an ocean view version of this on another ship and even the floor space in it was quite a bit larger than the standard cabin.  But, ours also had bunk beds instead of two pullmans.

41 minutes ago, RCFirstTimer said:

I have read every post in this long thread - NOT.  Sorry if this has been asked before, but we currently have a regular ocean view balcony on Allure in October.  I have several "offers" to bid on upgraded categories.  The first is a spacious ocean view balcony (not going to even consider this over what we have).  The second, though is interesting.  It is listed as an "Ultra Spacious Ocean View with Large Balcony".  It apparently sleeps six (even though there are just 2 of us).  If this is really that much larger, why isn't it considered a junior suite (which is the next category up)?  Does anyone know the room category so I can look up where these are on the deck plans?  I'm just wondering if it is worth it to bid on that second option.  There are also Jr., GS-1br, GS-2br and Owner's suites - but we won't considering paying even the minimum bids on those.

I'm really just wondering about that Ultra Spacious with Large Balcony, where they all are on the ship and trying to decide if it is worth bidding on (min is $200pp).

34 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

I think they mean the 1K or 1A category cabins which @John&LaLa is fond of.

Yep, ultra is the key word. Spacious on it's own isn't worth much

Should have a 'bunk room' and a really big balcony, deck 7 aft. Next door to the aqua theater balcony

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ready2SailAway said:

Actually...  We had four bids that all remained as Modify/Cancel until I checked again about 3 weeks before our sailing.  At that point three were listed as Rejected, but the GS bid we really wanted was listed as Pending - we later found out we won that Pending bid a few days before sailing...

Mine always say "modify /cancel" as well, and when you click on it they say pending. 
Our last round we were notified 4 days before sailing of the "win". And I meant any active , not rejected bids are listed as "pending " when a decision has not been made. We have had rejected bids listed as pending until 2 days before sailing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Yep, ultra is the key word. Spacious on it's own isn't worth much

Should have a 'bunk room' and a really big balcony, deck 7 aft. Next door to the aqua theater balcony

And from what I remember, if you don't want the noise of the Aquatheater, there are also about a half dozen of the same cabin way forward on either deck 10 or 11.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Hwatson786 said:

Sorry this thread is huge and this the first time I’ve experienced RoyalUp. 
If our bid is accepted, do we get to pick location of cabin if there is more than one In that category  available? 

After your bid is accepted, you will see a room assignment. You can always try calling Royal to see if you can move the room if other rooms in that category are still available. 

9 minutes ago, Hwatson786 said:

If our bid is accepted, do we get to pick location of cabin if there is more than one In that category  available? 

You can request to change to another cabin in the same category, if one is available. 

1 hour ago, Hwatson786 said:

1 hour ago, sandebeach said:

After your bid is accepted, you will see a room assignment. You can always try calling Royal to see if you can move the room if other rooms in that category are still available. 

Correct - we called our Royal Vacation Planner promptly after winning our RoyalUp bid and were able to change our GS assignment (note there was only one other GS available when we called).

• Like 2

I am looking at the Voyager in the Baltic 1May22.  Balconies are about $600 and JS's are about $1200.  I suspect that there will be left over suites due to covid, eu entry, and the early time of the year.

If we want to end up in a GS thru the bidding process, is it better to book the Balcony to 'free up' the extra $600 in bidding power?  ...or start with the JS?

12 minutes ago, pretzlaff said:

If we want to end up in a GS thru the bidding process, is it better to book the Balcony to 'free up' the extra $600 in bidding power?  ...or start with the JS?

Way to early to tell what will happen then. One of the reasons to start with the JS (that is already a pretty good price) is the extra C&A point. If you Royal Up from the regular balcony to the GS, you won’t get it. 

• Like 1

I apologize in advance if this has been answered in the previous 200+ pages.  I want to place a bid, but the wording is confusing.  I am a single cruiser on my 10/22 Mariner sailing.  The wording states it is based on double occupancy, however it states that only passenger one and two will be charged.  So for the RoyalUp bidding and lets say I have a minimum bid of $100, being a single cruiser will the bid be for just the $100 or $200?  Thanks in advance

6 minutes ago, TheBucketLister said:

I apologize in advance if this has been answered in the previous 200+ pages.  I want to place a bid, but the wording is confusing.  I am a single cruiser on my 10/22 Mariner sailing.  The wording states it is based on double occupancy, however it states that only passenger one and two will be charged.  So for the RoyalUp bidding and lets say I have a minimum bid of $100, being a single cruiser will the bid be for just the $100 or $200?  Thanks in advance

$200 you pay for 2 people even though only 1 is sailing

On 9/11/2021 at 4:02 PM, noitsnotatuba said:

Currently in a GS on 10/10 Allure. We have one bid in on the 1 bed Aquatheater suite, which is what we'd really love to get, but the 2 bed GS is also offered for a minimum of $200 per person. We are just a party of 2, is there any reason we'd want to bid on the bigger GS?

We're also a party of 2 on 10/10 Allure sailing, currently in a 1 bed ATS and bidding on a 2 bed ATS and Star Loft suite upgrades. Maybe if we're both lucky we'll get one of our upgrades and you'll get our room!  😀

QUESTION ABOUT Invite to Royal UP - We are 48 days out, and have not received an invite to bid yet, and I keep seeing the 30 days message when I navigate to the RU URL.  Do you suspect we won't be offered to RoyalUp if they haven't sent yet, or have most seen invites after the 30 day mark?  We only previously bid on RU prior to Covid and got the invite very early (Like 60 days out).

Sorry if this was previously answered in this thread.

Our invites came between 70 and 45 days out, mostly.  However, I've seen others also be able to bid after the 30 day mark, @sandc4e.  We are waiting impatiently ourselves, but still over 80 days out. Hope we can both bid soon!  🙂

Edited by barbeyg
  • Like 1

We have on occasion did the Royal Up on RCI.

We usually book CLS, so the only "UP" we would want would be to STAR suite.

Needless to say by only offering around $100 more than what they require we have never gotten the upgrade.

In fact on our last Allure sailing Pre-COVID, we did offer $200 above what they wanted, and did not get the suite.

In fact the Star suite  was 1718 and was the Bingo prize and a couple won it mid week.

They moved in on a Thursday, so enjoyed a few days in it.

After that, we realized, for us not going to happen.

We can only hope and dream one day...............when we book an pay, we will be in Star Class.

Good luck to all on their Royal Ups and keep the stories coming. 

23 hours ago, pretzlaff said:

I am looking at the Voyager in the Baltic 1May22.  Balconies are about $600 and JS's are about $1200.  I suspect that there will be left over suites due to covid, eu entry, and the early time of the year.

See if any VP's available.  We are on Voyager in August for that trip. Awesome suite, generally well priced. 

Got the RoyalUp email today for our 12/15 sailing. We're currently in a ocean view balcony stateroom. Is it worth it to update to a spacious ocean view balcony for $325/pp or $450/pp for Ultra spacious ocean view w/large balcony?

TIA

Edited by eggnoodle