RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

1 hour ago, djefferis said:

8p on embarkation day…so basically 2 hours plus after the ship leaves port and is underway ? Yea. Sounds about right for some of RCL customer service - telling you AFTER you are aboard, in your cabin and unpacking that you didn’t win the upgrade lottery.

There must be some weird reason RCI is telling Plusgrade to send them that late - I assume they'll move up those denial message eventually - they used to come about 6PM on the day before sailing.

Do we know if the timing of when you submit your bid has any bearing on whether you win?  If you submit one earlier are you more likely to win?  Seems like 3 days is the magic number when folks get notified.  Right at the cutoff for CWC cancellations so thinking of just waiting and bidding about a week or two out

10 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Right at the cutoff for CWC cancellations so thinking of just waiting and bidding about a week or two out

If you are going to bid, might as well do it when available. Pre COVID, the min was sometimes raised so you don't want to miss that.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

If you are going to bid, might as well do it when available. Pre COVID, the min was sometimes raised so you don't want to miss that.

If you win your bid and then cancel under CWC you get that refunded I think I read??  

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

There must be some weird reason RCI is telling Plusgrade to send them that late - I assume they'll move up those denial message eventually - they used to come about 6PM on the day before sailing.

For our 8/8/21 Odyssey sailing, the denial email came in the night before sailing. 

Royal Caribbean - RoyalUp <royalup@rccl.com>

Sat 8/7/2021 7:10 PM

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

I think there’s still enough people being denied boarding at the last minute because of not testing or testing positive that they’re waiting to send out denials

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jenna said:

We’re doing a B2B and we have the same JS for each part. Would it be stupid to try to RoyalUp since if we did win the bid, then we would be in different rooms for each leg of our B2B?

Certainly not stupid but it would need to be a really great upgrade for me to make the hassle worth the trouble of moving IMHO.

9 hours ago, Jenna said:

We’re doing a B2B and we have the same JS for each part. Would it be stupid to try to RoyalUp since if we did win the bid, then we would be in different rooms for each leg of our B2B?

Depends on how much you care about changing staterooms vs the benefit of having a full suite.  A lot depends on the class of ship. If you are talking about the Enchantment I probably would not bother trying if Oasis class I would

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1

We only have one option we would like on our October cruise.

That would be an Royal up from a CLS to a star suite.

There are 2 star  suites open on the 17th deck.

I do not know if A1 is star or not. If it is then that is one more somewhere else.

Once we were offered the chance, bid on it and did not win.

Just waiting, and hoping.

Take care

Edited by Lionesss

10 hours ago, Jenna said:

From something I recently read on the boards, B2B passengers now have to disembark WITH luggage and rebrand at their scheduled time.  If that is to continue, then why not bid since you will have to pack anyway.  Just saying.

Erika

11 minutes ago, birdylady said:

From something I recently read on the boards, B2B passengers now have to disembark WITH luggage and reboard at their scheduled time.

You have to keep reading.....

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, molly361 said:

Do we know if the timing of when you submit your bid has any bearing on whether you win?  If you submit one earlier are you more likely to win?  Seems like 3 days is the magic number when folks get notified.  Right at the cutoff for CWC cancellations so thinking of just waiting and bidding about a week or two out

I just bid in same class but bigger room just a few days ago and we are 15 days out now.  Still pending with ability to modify.

On 8/27/2021 at 6:15 PM, Biker19 said:

Others have reported getting the denial email around 8PM on embarkation day - so in about an hour. 

They better be a little more Johnny on the spot if they accept our bid!  Or THEY will have to move us.  I usually unpack and put away BEFORE muster.  I'm not repacking because they are late.

Edited by BecciBoo

Just now, BecciBoo said:

They better be a little more Johnny on the spot if the accept our bid!  Or THEY will have to move us.  I usually unpack and put away BEFORE muster.  I'm not repacking because they are late.

You can now go to your muster station as soon as you get on the ship.

• Like 1

If successful with RU, when do they inform you of the actual cabin number? Is it when you receive a "successful bid" email or not until you get to the dock? If so many aren't finding out until the night before or later, I'm curious about luggage tags et al.

2 hours ago, grimaldi said:

If successful with RU, when do they inform you of the actual cabin number? Is it when you receive a "successful bid" email or not until you get to the dock? 

The cabin assignment should come at the same time as the upgrade. 

14 hours ago, molly361 said:

Depends on how much you care about changing staterooms vs the benefit of having a full suite.  A lot depends on the class of ship. If you are talking about the Enchantment I probably would not bother trying if Oasis class I would

Thank you so much! We will be on Symphony. 

Hello everyone,

i just want to quickly share my experience with Royalup on our cruise last week. I found the other comments extremely helpful, so there it goes.

We booked the 7 night western med cruise August 22, on Harmony of the seas about eight weeks ago. I am a ClubRoyale prime member and used my annual free cruise certificate for an inside stateroom to book the cruise. We upgraded that booking right away to an JS guarantee. Total cost was about 2.4 k Dollars. To book the JS guarantee without a certificate the cost would have been 4.4 k Dollars. For what it’s worth, to select a specific JS, it would have been an extra 2 k, so no thanks. We got a JS assigned on deck 12 in a good location, so all was well. Since i also was interested in the higher categories i peeked at availability for larger suites and found an amazing larger availability in all higher categories. So i called and asked for the price for an upgrade to GS or OS. The upgrade fee for the GS was 10.4 k and 15 k for the Owner!!! Lol! No, thanks! The GS was retailing with a wow sale for around 14 k, which i find to be a ridiculous price for a week! But it’s also high season August in the med… Luckily we got an email for the royalup! Upgrade for GS was from 300 to 1.1 k per person. Since a total of 2.2 k for the GS is waaaay cheaper then 10.4 k we went for the maximum and it worked! We paid a total of 2.2 k dollars an dgot the GS. The strange thing is, that we also bid the maximon other categories, but did only got the upgrade for one step up from JS to GS. For example we bid total of 5 k for ATS 2 Brd or StarLoft, but did not get it. Although i know that they we not all occupied!? Go figure… But we were still very happy with the upgrade and enjoyed every bit of it! 

Also the cruise was a total relaxed and great experience, only 900 passengers and 1.100 crew! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1