RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

48 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The timing window to get bid win notifications seems to be expanding - is RCI listening to customer complaints about close in notifications? Nah, just dumb luck.

That would be nice to think that....as I had a very strongly worded complaint on my survey...but I seriously doubt they even glanced at it.  😉 

We currently have an inside on the Odyssey for March 12. we got the email for Royal up,  and I have put in 3 different bids - spacious oceanview, oceanview balcony, large balcony. I was really hoping to see some of the suites open up for bidding, but I guess that going from an inside to bid on a suite is not a thing. 

My question - has anyone ever seen cabin options in the bidding process change closer to sailing?  Could there be any chance for us to be able to bid for a suite or not likely

On 1/12/2022 at 8:33 AM, island lady said:

That's how it is working for me (and many others) as well.  But there are some, including a good friend, who got their upgrade email days before (as it should be).  

The program needs to let us know, one way or another, before sail away.  

I was scheduled for a b/2b,  we got upgrade for second cruise 10 days before.  First cruise rejection day of.  Would have had one sky class and second star class!  Since we canceled both, some people got lucky!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lisa&Neb said:

We currently have an inside on the Odyssey for March 12. we got the email for Royal up,  and I have put in 3 different bids - spacious oceanview, oceanview balcony, large balcony. I was really hoping to see some of the suites open up for bidding, but I guess that going from an inside to bid on a suite is not a thing. 

My question - has anyone ever seen cabin options in the bidding process change closer to sailing?  Could there be any chance for us to be able to bid for a suite or not likely

I believe you need to already be in an balcony (oceanview, not neighborhood, where applicable) to bid on full suites.  So, do not expect to see your bidding options expand (unless you upgrade your cabin the old fashioned way).  I wish it were not so, as we enjoy the neighborhood balconies yet would like to be able to bid on full suites.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

The timing window to get bid win notifications seems to be expanding - is RCI listening to customer complaints about close in notifications? Nah, just dumb luck.

Is it that or just cruises that are near their limited capacity, therefore no waiting for late sales to come through?

4 minutes ago, xtremegk said:

Is it that or just cruises that are near their limited capacity, therefore no waiting for late sales to come through?

Trying to figure out the "why" of anything with RCI is a waste of  time - just be glad it happens, which in this case is seemingly earlier notifications.

• Like 3

On 1/9/2022 at 1:20 PM, cruzn1974 said:

I booked a GTY balcony on Allure sailing 1/30 this Wednesday. Was assigned the room on Friday and received the RoyalUp email 2hrs later.  I put min bids on all that were available.  I'm hoping we will get something given the reduced capacities.  

Just an update...checked yesterday and all were expired save for the JS which was pending.  Got the email confirmation for the JS this morning.  Over 2 weeks before sailing.  Not sure if that means they are done selling rooms since I'm reading that usually the emails are sent much closer to sailing. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, cruzn1974 said:

Just an update...checked yesterday and all were expired save for the JS which was pending.  Got the email confirmation for the JS this morning.  Over 2 weeks before sailing.  Not sure if that means they are done selling rooms since I'm reading that usually the emails are sent much closer to sailing. 

We are on the Jan 29 Odyssey, two days ago our bids went to expired except for one GS, still no email, charge on credit card or change in room number that I can see. Doesn't seem that it is consistent. I have heard one other person who bid on a  JS on my sailing did get their confirmation. 

4 hours ago, Lisa&Neb said:

I've never seen this stated on the Royal Up site, but NCL's bidding system (run by PlusGrade, the same company Royal and Celebrity use) has a policy of only offering three categories above your current stateroom. I believe it's baked into the algorithm, where the cost/benefit becomes most advantageous to the lines. 

2 hours ago, AstoriaPreppy said:

I've never seen this stated on the Royal Up site, but NCL's bidding system (run by PlusGrade, the same company Royal and Celebrity use) has a policy of only offering three categories above your current stateroom. I believe it's baked into the algorithm, where the cost/benefit becomes most advantageous to the lines. 

I've been offered as many as ten different upgrade options.

• Like 1

Currently in “pending and expired” purgatory for Anthem 1/20, waiting for the charge to hit and email to arrive.  Booked a 2D balcony and currently pending for a JS at $350pp, with all other bids expired. Hope I don’t have to wait til tomorrow for confirmation, lol

• Like 3

13 hours ago, 3kidsncats said:

Currently in “pending and expired” purgatory for Anthem 1/20, waiting for the charge to hit and email to arrive.  Booked a 2D balcony and currently pending for a JS at $350pp, with all other bids expired. Hope I don’t have to wait til tomorrow for confirmation, lol

Good luck. Hope it comes through. A couple of months ago I had 3 bids Pending and they stayed that way. Did not get a denial until 24 hours after sailing🤪 On the next cruise it was accepted several days in advance. It's a bit like a mystery game.

On 1/10/2022 at 3:27 PM, Flamingo33 said:

I am on Odyssey on 1/29 and I bid on 5 options from Spacious Balcony to GS, this morning they were all pending, I just checked and all but Jr. Suite show Expired. Jr. Suite still showing Pending...should i be cautiously optimistic? 

Just got confirmation! RoyalUp was accepted! Woo Hoo! 

• Like 4

Finally had one of my Royalup bids accepted. GS 1 bed - expired, GS 2 bed - expired, JS - accepted. Guess you can't go too wrong at $55 each for a total of $110. But still would have preferred a grand suite.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, chucknmarilyn said:

Good luck. Hope it comes through. A couple of months ago I had 3 bids Pending and they stayed that way. Did not get a denial until 24 hours after sailing🤪 On the next cruise it was accepted several days in advance. It's a bit like a mystery game.

Thanks — still waiting for them to put the charge through.  Never had to wait this long before 😕

• Like 1