RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

On 6/6/2022 at 10:49 AM, jbklyn88 said:

Anyone on Freedom on 6/17 get notified yet? Put the bid on May 3rd and haven't heard anything yet.

Just got the email! Upgraded from an Interior to a Ocean View Balcony for $100 pp!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, jbklyn88 said:

Just got the email! Upgraded from an Interior to a Ocean View Balcony for $100 pp!

How has bookings been on your cruise?  We are leaving on the Liberty OTS on Sunday but its completely sold out.  I am guessing any upgrades will come from last minute cancellations.   

55 minutes ago, Liljo22 said:

How has bookings been on your cruise?  We are leaving on the Liberty OTS on Sunday but its completely sold out.  I am guessing any upgrades will come from last minute cancellations.   

I'm assuming that too. Our sailing recently sold out (on Saturday maybe?). So I'm assuming either we're not sailing at full capacity or people cancelled. Either way I'm happy lol

10 hours ago, RFerrington said:

Congratulations.  You will definitely be spoiled by the OS.  My favorite cabin class for non-Suite Class ships.  Very nice.  Enjoy it.

Thanks! I'm sure we will. Probably a bit too much 🙂

The sailing looks as though it has had low bookings and/or high cancelations as there was a lot of suite availability prior to the Royal Up allocations. There still is a decent amount of availability for JS and below. I don't think we will be quite so lucky with our relatively low bids in the future.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JoeFan said:

I am sure this has been answered but this is a huge thread. If I have UPD and drink package and I win a Star room, am I able to get a refund for them since they are included?

Yes.  If you get a chance to cancel them yourself before boarding the money for those purchases will be refunded to the original credit card.  If you do not have a chance to cancel the purchases before boarding, the Genie will take care of it for you.  Good luck !

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, RFerrington said:

Yes.  If you get a chance to cancel them yourself before boarding the money for those purchases will be refunded to the original credit card.  If you do not have a chance to cancel the purchases before boarding, the Genie will take care of it for you.  Good luck !

We have done this previously.  Never a problem.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jjtt said:

Can someone explain how to do this? 

It should be the same as the one you already did. In the confirmation email you got when you bid, there should be a link to modify/cancel bids. If that doesn't work, you'll need to call. Bids getting stuck and not being able to be cancelled is unfortunately a fairly common thing.

Hello! Leaving tomorrow but my 3 bids are still pending...I guess it does mean a big NO 😞

Does it make sense to continue checking if the status ever changes?

No clue if they send a reply also in case of unacceptance or not...

25 minutes ago, Elle_Bi said:

Hello! Leaving tomorrow but my 3 bids are still pending...I guess it does mean a big NO 😞

Does it make sense to continue checking if the status ever changes?

No clue if they send a reply also in case of unacceptance or not...

Anything is possible, especially with Royal IT.

I have read that they do send an e-mail stating your bid was not accepted... and you often receive it once you are already onboard the ship.

2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Anything is possible, especially with Royal IT.

I have read that they do send an e-mail stating your bid was not accepted... and you often receive it once you are already onboard the ship.

Mine didn't come until after I already went to bed....in original cabin.  😕

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Our bid was accepted on Wed. 6/15 for our Mariner sailing on 4th of July 🇺🇸 💥 

JS to GS - not minimum bid.  mid level.

Congrats! Nice to see some bids get excepted early-ish. I'm now 27 and 30 days out from the 2 halves of my B2B with bids for both.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, island lady said:

Mine didn't come until after I already went to bed....in original cabin.  😕

I guess the same is going to happen here..we're heading to the Cruise terminal and our bids are still pending 😂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Elle_Bi said:

I guess the same is going to happen here..we're heading to the Cruise terminal and our bids are still pending 😂

It's pretty bad they post the decline so late after sail away.   Manifest would have been closed hours much earlier.  If they honored your request after you have already unpacked.  It would be a "Royal" pain to pack back up again and then unpack in new cabin.  

IMHO...Royal UP needs to let pax know the day before.  Ships are sailing at almost 100% now, it's not like there is bound to be a lot of left over cabins.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

It's pretty bad they post the decline so late after sail away.   Manifest would have been closed hours much earlier.  If they honored your request after you have already unpacked.  It would be a "Royal" pain to pack back up again and then unpack in new cabin.  

IMHO...Royal UP needs to let pax know the day before.  Ships are sailing at almost 100% now, it's not like there is bound to be a lot of left over cabins.  

Unfortunately they have no choice to finalize day of sailing in order to use no show/covid test failure cancellations.  Repacking is a small price to pay if you really want the upgrade.

19 minutes ago, island lady said:

That's why I cancelled my pending bid as soon as I boarded

• Like 2