RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

53 minutes ago, island lady said:

Agree. CLS is nice, but not being near the windows with the bed upstairs, and having to go up and down those stairs all the time...IMHO I prefer the GS or OS.  In fact had a CLS booked for next summer on Allure, then later changed to an OS.  Was actually 400 more to do so.  Love the big open space in the OS, and huge bathroom.  All personal preference of course.  😉 

+1 for the OS

• Like 1

So when I bid on my RoyalUp I put in middle of the road offered. Now when I go look the minimum bids are higher than what I put in. Do you all think I need to increase my bids, or do you think I still have a chance?

37 minutes ago, OSUZorba said:

So when I bid on my RoyalUp I put in middle of the road offered. Now when I go look the minimum bids are higher than what I put in. Do you all think I need to increase my bids, or do you think I still have a chance?

If your bids are below the new minimum, you probably would need to increase if you wanted to stay in the running. However, personally I wouldn't increase, because ostensibly I would have bid what I thought the upgrade was worth. An adjustment of the minimum bid doesn't really make the upgrade worth more.

With the new cancellation policy I'm wondering if we should bid on the Villa Suite again and then add the other folks?  Of course this would be dependent on winning the bid early enough to add the other people and assuming RC wouldn't flag the room as having 2 people max

Well!  I had given up hope as we sail tomorrow (Sunday) and yesterday we got the email that our royal up bid was accepted!!  We moved from an ocean view balcony to a 2 bedroom grand suite!  Cannot wait!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JacqueO said:

Well!  I had given up hope as we sail tomorrow (Sunday) and yesterday we got the email that our royal up bid was accepted!!  We moved from an ocean view balcony to a 2 bedroom grand suite!  Cannot wait!

Congratulations!!!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ticketsunlimited said:

You probably were the beneficiary of the cancellation policy they implemented. Congratulations!!  I would assume a lot of bids will be accepted this week as these trip postponements come in.

I was wondering how much effect this might play in the bidding game.  Might prove interesting for some!  We don't sail again until July, from Rome.  I need to check my paperwork to see what I paid, maybe there is a  chance to grab a suite for a great price.  

15 hours ago, stompy said:

With the new cancellation policy I'm wondering if we should bid on the Villa Suite again and then add the other folks?  Of course this would be dependent on winning the bid early enough to add the other people and assuming RC wouldn't flag the room as having 2 people max

You cannot add any passengers toa room won through a Royal up bid 

17 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You cannot add any passengers toa room won through a Royal up bid 

We are two people in ocean view balcony. When I received the Royal up email there was an option for a bid on 2bdrm suite.I emailed RC and asked if I bid on 2 bedroom suite will I be able to add people since its only two of us and it will not make sence to bid on this big room. I also asked if Im allowed to add two more people what their rate will be. They replied and said YES i can add two more people but they can not tell me what the rate for them will be till I actually win the bid.

On 3/7/2020 at 10:16 AM, KBD1516 said:

I would like to look at my bids. Can someone post the link to check on a bid?

thanks so much 

If you go to the RC website and type Royal up in the search bar the first link that will pop up is the one you need.

3 minutes ago, angel69 said:

We are two people in ocean view balcony. When I received the Royal up email there was an option for a bid on 2bdrm suite.I emailed RC and asked if I bid on 2 bedroom suite will I be able to add people since its only two of us and it will not make sence to bid on this big room. I also asked if Im allowed to add two more people what their rate will be. They replied and said YES i can add two more people but they can not tell me what the rate for them will be till I actually win the bid.

I think you were given misinformation

• Like 1

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to when they award winners but it seems fairly consistent the denials will come at either 6PM the evening before sailing or early morning on boarding day.  I am only familiar with the denial emails, unfortunately.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, islandwannabee said:

Does anyone know what that mean?

Some have reported that their bid was accepted shortly after such circumstances. Look for your denial e-mail around 6 PM Thursday.

Edited by Biker19

1 hour ago, islandwannabee said:

I bid on a grande suite, sailing Friday in 3 days and noticed lots of jr suites available, so wanted to bid on one of those, went to change my offer and it won't let me change or bid on anything, says pending. Does anyone know what that mean?

I did the same for a sailing  this Saturday ...two bids said expired and the other for a Jr.suite says pending. I want to cancel and not able to cancel or bid on anything else. I called and they said to email the royalup@rccl.com team.

11 hours ago, rolloman said:

I did the same for a sailing  this Saturday ...two bids said expired and the other for a Jr.suite says pending. I want to cancel and not able to cancel or bid on anything else. I called and they said to email the royalup@rccl.com team.

Just a follow up...royal up team never emailed me back. Anyone had luck getting a response back from them via email? The way I see it is I have not been assigned nor notified I have won a cabin bid. I therefore, early this morning was able to upgrade myself to a better cabin. So now (more than 48 hours out from cruise date) I want to cancel my royal up bid and they have taken away the right to cancel. This is my dilemma.  FYI... two of my bids on GS and GS2 say expired...the other on a JR. Suite says pending.

Edited by rolloman

We were able to upgrade thru travel agent at no additional cost and keep OBC.  Within 24 hours RCL sent email that cancelled our bid which we had made for an upgrade.  Worked out well.   We never could see a room available on RCL site but did on our travel agents so we called and they made it happen.  We’re able to print new boarding passes and luggage tags within 24 hours as well.

I just cancelled my "Royal Up" offers due to the impact of the virus on travel.  Having heard about employers imposing 14 day "self-quarantines" on those returning from cruises, colleges closing for 14 days after spring break, etc., my thought is that these restrictions will only get tighter until the spread of the virus is contained and we learn a little more about it.

I am okay with being able to get FCC if we cancel; my issue is that I don't want to tie up another $500-$2000 in FCC for an unknown future cruise.  If I had more solid plans, I might risk it...but I just don't want to tie my vacation funds up that way.

If any clarity comes before our April departure, I may re-enter a bid, but I am out for now...but the cruise is still on for us at this point!

Good luck to all bidding on upgrades!

My adult kids decided not to cancel this week’s Family Cruise on the Brilliance. They were in interior cabins. I put in minimum bids for them to RoyalUp to Oceanview cabins. Yesterday morning all 3 bids were still “Pending” and I had no option to modify or cancel the bid. Got all 3 Acceptance emails yesterday afternoon. 

• Like 2