RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

For those of you interested in timing, here's my experience for our Allure sailing next week. Sailing 10/10, originally in a GS. About a week and a half ago, my ability to modify or cancel disappeared. We had 2 bids in, one for a 1 bedroom Aquatheater suite that still showed pending, and another for a 2 bedroom GS that showed expired. Today (6 days out from sailing) we got the email that our Aquatheater suite bid was accepted. I got the email before I noticed the room change (and I have been obsessively checking). I have not noticed the hit on our credit card yet.

Yaaaaay Aquatheater suite!

Edited by noitsnotatuba
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, noitsnotatuba said:

For those of you interested in timing, here's my experience for our Allure sailing next week. Sailing 10/10, originally in a GS. About a week and a half ago, my ability to modify or cancel disappeared. We had 2 bids in, one for a 1 bedroom Aquatheater suite that still showed pending, and another for a 2 bedroom GS that showed expired. Today (6 days out from sailing) we got the email that our Aquatheater suite bid was accepted. I got the email before I noticed the room change (and I have been obsessively checking). I have not noticed the hit on our credit card yet.

Congratulations!

Do you mind sharing those bidding details for both bids?  (your bid amount vs the bidding meter min/max amounts for both the 2bdrm GS and 1bdrm Aquatheater Suite)

Edited by Ready2SailAway

3 hours ago, noitsnotatuba said:

We are on Allure the 24th and I have been watched my bids to see when they lock and maybe one changes to expired. I have been wondering about the timing so thanks for posting. Seems like your bids changed about 16 or so days out, so I guess I have a few more days or so if I am lucky. At least if something goes to expired then I know most likely we are not getting it and can move on, although I have read some odd stories.

Doing a B2B on Symphony, leaving Saturday, first week in a GS and 2nd week in a CLS. Have bids in for both legs. Last Monday all bids showed up as Expired for first leg, except for OS, which said Pending. I just received the email that we got the OS. This AM I upped our bid for a 2-bedroom Aqua theater suite for the second leg. I had a bid in for the Aqua and also for the Star Loft. Just noticed now that my Star Loft bid says expired while my Aqua theater still says Pending, so perhaps will get that for the 2nd leg. Will just have to wait and see once on board!

• Like 3

We are sailing on the Ovation on Saturday.  I paid for a Junior Suite with large balcony and bid on everything.  Last Tuesday (6 days ago, 11 days from sailing) my bids locked and Sky Loft said pending for $1320 each.  This morning I received the confirmation email and my card was charged.

Now, looking at the forecast, it’s time to go find all my gore-Tex clothes …

• Like 6

On 10/4/2021 at 5:10 PM, Ready2SailAway said:

Congratulations!

Do you mind sharing those bidding details for both bids?  (your bid amount vs the bidding meter min/max amounts for both the 2bdrm GS and 1bdrm Aquatheater Suite)

Since I'm locked out, I can't tell you what the max was on either of them. For the 2 bed grand suite, the minimum was $200pp and that's what we bid. For the 1 bed ATS, the minimum was $500pp and we bid $700pp. We actually originally bid $1000pp and lowered it...glad I did since the lower bid was accepted!

6 minutes ago, noitsnotatuba said:

Since I'm locked out, I can't tell you what the max was on either of them. For the 2 bed grand suite, the minimum was $200pp and that's what we bid. For the 1 bed ATS, the minimum was $500pp and we bid $700pp. We actually originally bid $1000pp and lowered it...glad I did since the lower bid was accepted!

Well played!  And thanks for the info...

RoyalUP seems to be restricted to certain ships now. Log in manually and it says we are not within 30 days out of our cruise on Serenade leaving Tampa on October 30th of this month. First time I have never seen the option to RoyalUP.

1 hour ago, noitsnotatuba said:

I lowered my bid on Celebrity penthouse and got it still lots of money, have bid on 2 bedrooms grand suite and 2 bedrooms aqua suite on Allure, it just the two of us but like the bigger suite and extra bathroom.  In a GS now bid 500 for 2 bedrooms GS and 2k per for aqua.

56 minutes ago, compman9 said:

Booked an Inside

Got an Up to a Spacious Ocean View

Then got an Up to a Balcony

After a price drop, I have saved ten bucks on the Balcony

You were lucky that timing allowed for all that - many Royal Ups come too late for any of that.

• Like 1

Just got Royal Up offers for the 12/5 sailing of Oasis.  RCI is raising it's prices on the Royal Ups, so bookings must be looking up. 🙂  We might bid because we could drop our internet plan, plus would downgrade from the UDP to a couple of nights in specialty dining.  But, will have to think about it a while first.

We are currently in a JS, on deck 8, mid-hump.  The range of prices:

1Bdr GS, from $300 pp

2 Bdr GS, from $450 pp

OS, from $600 pp

CLS, from $600 pp

Aquatheater 1 Bdr, from $900 pp

Ultimate Panoramic Ste, from $1200 pp (star)

Aquatheater 2 Bdr, from $1300 pp (star)

Star Loft, from $1700 pp (star)

Grand Panoramic, from $2800 pp (star)

Owners Panoramic, from $5000 pp (star)

Royal Loft, from $5000 pp (star)

36 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

Just got Royal Up offers for the 12/5 sailing of Oasis.  RCI is raising it's prices on the Royal Ups, so bookings must be looking up. 🙂  We might bid because we could drop our internet plan, plus would downgrade from the UDP to a couple of nights in specialty dining.  But, will have to think about it a while first.

1Bdr GS, from $300 pp

2 Bdr GS, from $450 pp

OS, from $600 pp

CLS, from $600 pp

Not much to think about as they aren't showing any availability above a JS as of now for that sailing.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, bajathree said:

Not much to think about as they aren't showing any availability above a JS as of now for that sailing.

Yeah, but they yanked them all at once, one day this week.  I know because I was watching daily.  There was availability in GS, OS, CLS, then they all disappeared on the same day.  The minimums for the Royal Ups are within about $500 of the price they had for each of those categories.   Makes me wonder if they are just offering them thru Royal Up, hoping to maximize the selling price of each with high bids (rather than lowering the prices any further).

Edited by barbeyg
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, barbeyg said:

1Bdr GS, from $300 pp

2 Bdr GS, from $450 pp

OS, from $600 pp

CLS, from $600 pp

5 hours ago, bajathree said:

5 hours ago, barbeyg said:

Yeah, but they yanked them all at once, one day this week.  I know because I was watching daily.  There was availability in GS, OS, CLS, then they all disappeared on the same day.  The minimums for the Royal Ups are within about $500 of the price they had for each of those categories.   Makes me wonder if they are just offering them thru Royal Up, hoping to maximize the selling price of each with high bids (rather than lowering the prices any further).

Good intel - thanks!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ready2SailAway said:

Good intel - thanks!

It really pays to know what the price already is. I keep those in my Notes app, just for this reason. I won’t bid selling price, or even too close to it, for them to pick my cabin. That said, I will lowball a few suites. 🙂

Edited by barbeyg

16 hours ago, barbeyg said:

1Bdr GS, from $300 pp

2 Bdr GS, from $450 pp

OS, from $600 pp

CLS, from $600 pp

I think the one bedroom GS is a true bargain as is the 2 Bedroom (two bathrooms] GS.  You get access to suite lounge and dining room for all meals.  You get all the true suite perks also.  A no brainer.

Edited by Cruise a holic
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

I think the one bedroom GS is a true bargain as is the 2 Bedroom (two bathrooms] GS.  You get access to suite lounge and dining room for all meals.  You get all the true suite perks also.  A no brainer.

Yes, those two I'm going to bid on for sure, after thinking about it.  If we win, I can cancel the internet and the UDP.  If not, we still have a location we are happy with and UDP. 

Thanks for the input. I appreciate it.  🙂

3 hours ago, barbeyg said:

Yes, those two I'm going to bid on for sure, after thinking about it.  If we win, I can cancel the internet and the UDP.  If not, we still have a location we are happy with and UDP. 

Thanks for the input. I appreciate it.  🙂

Actually if we have ability to move up in January, we will consider a star category suite.  We have a Crown loft, which we love, but I could get a refund for the unlimited delux drink package and dining package, so maybe a break even. Would be a nice experience.

Edited by Cruise a holic
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, barbeyg said:

I am in a very similar situation to you. Im on Allure 6 night in a hump JS and just got my Royal Up with very similar pricing as you. Pricing on this round of Royal Up doesn't seem very attractive to me. I just won a JS Royal Up last month for an 8 night Odyssey sailing bidding the highest bid which was only $220/pp to go from a balcony to the JS. That one was a no brain'r. This one I don't see the worth....already in a JS and already will have access to dinner in Coastal....also have 5 drinks per day now as well as prime so already have built in drink package. I don't honestly see any value in bothering to bid at those prices. Even at the lowest bid..would cost me like $600 (or a $100/day) to go from a JS to a GS for what?!?!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Actually if we have ability to move up in January, we will consider a star category suite.  We have a Crown loft, which we love, but I could get a refund for the unlimited delux drink package and dining package, so maybe a break even. Would be a nice experience.

I hope you get to bid...and win.  We haven't been able to convince ourselves to try for Star.  Yet.