RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

8 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

I do agree that the aft facing suites with two bathrooms are nice- We also love the Royal suite on Celebrity and their suite perks- the Edge having the best of all.  We found in the coastal kitchen on the Oasis class ships, they will do dining special requests- and the specialty restaurants are very good.  You cannot beat the entertainment and activities on RC Oasis class either.  In a suite you get priority when it comes to entertainment and dining.  

It is good that we have different tastes and prefer different ships- good for the economy!  I am sure we can agree cruising is great!

Agreed! We have kids so that factors in too, they loved all the water slides on the Breakaway ships, which they missed on the Anthem, but that won’t be a problem on the Oasis. Super excited about tomorrow!

• Like 1

Anyone who has had a royal up bid accepted, how exactly does the charge appear on your credit card, I’m trying to see if a royal up payment can qualify for the Amex offer discussed on a different thread that still appears on the first page.  Thanks in advance

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, MikeKl said:

Anyone who has had a royal up bid accepted, how exactly does the charge appear on your credit card, I’m trying to see if a royal up payment can qualify for the Amex offer discussed on a different thread that still appears on the first page.  Thanks in advance

Here’s mine

01DCA113-8EC0-4501-8F56-F50A4B476124.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It was my first time on RCL last week and therefore my first time experience of the bid up system. I put a bid for a GS and waited and waited and waited for a response. Finally got the rejection email 24 hours after sailing! What a joke 

On 10/9/2021 at 4:36 PM, FTLCruiseGal said:

Where do you check the status of your bid?  I cannot seem to find it.

If you just google Royal Up ...the royal caribbean royal up link will pop up.   you need to plug in your last name and booking id/# and you'll see your status.   https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/cruise-room-upgrade   Good luck.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2flacruisers said:

Ok....I just did a self suite guarantee upgrade....on my receipt on on my account, all it shows is:  #guarantee....what does the # sign mean?

I don't know.  It's been so long since I did a guarantee, that I can't remember.

You may get a better chance at a response with a separate thread.  Only those interested in Royal Up will see this question.  🙂

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

I don't know.  It's been so long since I did a guarantee, that I can't remember.

You may get a better chance at a response with a separate thread.  Only those interested in Royal Up will see this question.  🙂

Probably a junior suite with a guarantee 

On 9/24/2021 at 1:44 PM, Aquahound said:

No worries.  I'm happy to share.  7 nights on Ovation sailing next week.  I was in a Cat D Balcony.  Rates for the JS were about $700 p/p more than the D balcony rate.  I placed the minimum bid of $200 p/p for JS.  That bid that was accepted.  I never modified it.  

Funny thing is, the balcony rates dropped by about $200 p/p a few weeks ago.  I called and got over $400 OBC.  So this $400 Royal Up upgrade was basically a wash for me.  I feel like I really scored here.  

Just an added note to this.  When I placed my RU bid, I did not know JSs had Coastal Kitchen dinner access, and that my JS would have a Lavazza espresso machine.  7 years since sailing RC, so I wasn't up on my RC education.  This turned out to be a fabulous cruise, and well worth the $200 bid.  😁

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for all your great tips. We’re sailing on Harmony on Sunday - 7 nights from Barcelona. Choosing an Oceanview Balcony Guarantee was half the price of choosing your own stateroom so we went with that. About 6 weeks ago we got the Royal Up email - didn’t bid on spacious or ultra spacious balcony but did on Junior Suite, Grand Suite 1 and 2 bedroom and Owners suite. Bid just over weak for Junior Suite but the rest were like £15 over minimum. 10 days ago all but the Owner’s suite showed expired. Last week got the balcony stateroom number and then today an email to say we’d got an Owner’s suite. Minimum bid was £580 each - I bid £595…

I priced out Owner’s Suites last night - £12000 - I’ve got this for £2300! 
Wendy

• Like 9

25 minutes ago, wendyam76 said:

Thank you everyone for all your great tips. We’re sailing on Harmony on Sunday - 7 nights from Barcelona. Choosing an Oceanview Balcony Guarantee was half the price of choosing your own stateroom so we went with that. About 6 weeks ago we got the Royal Up email - didn’t bid on spacious or ultra spacious balcony but did on Junior Suite, Grand Suite 1 and 2 bedroom and Owners suite. Bid just over weak for Junior Suite but the rest were like £15 over minimum. 10 days ago all but the Owner’s suite showed expired. Last week got the balcony stateroom number and then today an email to say we’d got an Owner’s suite. Minimum bid was £580 each - I bid £595…

I priced out Owner’s Suites last night - £12000 - I’ve got this for £2300! 
Wendy

Great deal, what ship ?

20 minutes ago, George C said:
11 minutes ago, George C said:

We did a owner’s suite on a oasis class it was great , enjoy, only problem is you won’t want to go back to normal cabins.

Lol, at normal prices we’ll never afford it again but I know we will enjoy it this time! Did 8 nights on Celebrity Apex in a Sky Suite and we loved that too. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 2flacruisers said:

Ok....I just did a self suite guarantee upgrade....on my receipt on on my account, all it shows is:  #guarantee....what does the # sign mean?

I think the # just means "room number".  

When I look in my Cruise Planner, for a week where I have an assigned room, I see:

CP1.png.3cd6d80cd31c87f9ae8615022822ed00.png

But the next week I have a guarantee room, and I see:

CP2.png.bff56f04c979ee2dd0423fc3d253657b.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/8/2021 at 2:35 PM, mttwinmom said:

Just received my royal up e-mail confirming my upgrade from a panoramic view (no balcony) suite on Freedom of the Seas this Monday to a two bedroom suite (two full bathrooms!) My 16 year old's will be thrilled they aren't sleeping in bunkbeds. 

mttwinmom,  Would you mind sharing what you bid?  I have bids in for Freedom on Oct 25, still pending.  Just wanted to see if I was in the ballpark...

P.S. Just realized you are on your cruise!!  Would appreciate a reply when you return.  Enjoy!!

One day after boarding I got the news that I did not win my star loft suite. However this morning I read that a woman spent $69 for Bingo and won the crown loft suite A few doors down from me. She put the pictures of herself on the room and that's how I knew it was her room. And for any doubters that is proof that you can actually win a suite the ship

11 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

One day after boarding I got the news that I did not win my star loft suite. However this morning I read that a woman spent $69 for Bingo and won the crown loft suite A few doors down from me. She put the pictures of herself on the room and that's how I knew it was her room. And for any doubters that is proof that you can actually win a suite the ship

At Bingo last week someone offered the "winner" of the bingo suite $1,000 in cash to "buy" the upgrade from them.  RCI was fine with it as they said the week before someone paid $1,500 to buy the upgrade... definitely cheaper than a royal up offer, although you don't get the room until day 2 or so...