RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

On 10/11/2021 at 7:10 PM, George C said:

We did a owner’s suite on a oasis class it was great , enjoy, only problem is you won’t want to go back to normal cabins.

That's a fact.  Just came off Ovation in Alaska last week.  Upgraded to a 2br grand suite.  We're ruined.

• Like 3

How do I know I have successfully made a bid? Everytime I load the site, it asks me to make a bid, I do, it says that "you've made the bid." I'll leave, return to have it asking to make a bid again.

Edit: nevermind, there is a continue button I didn't see

Edited by christ0ph

18 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

One day after boarding I got the news that I did not win my star loft suite. However this morning I read that a woman spent $69 for Bingo and won the crown loft suite A few doors down from me. She put the pictures of herself on the room and that's how I knew it was her room. And for any doubters that is proof that you can actually win a suite the ship

Good to know those people that pay and win really do get the prize.

I'd bet RCCL made more on bingo cards from all the folks that didn't win than the RoyalUp offers (well, perhaps except in covid times)...

On 10/11/2021 at 9:09 PM, brillohead said:

I think the # just means "room number".  

When I look in my Cruise Planner, for a week where I have an assigned room, I see:

CP1.png.3cd6d80cd31c87f9ae8615022822ed00.png

But the next week I have a guarantee room, and I see:

CP2.png.bff56f04c979ee2dd0423fc3d253657b.png

Update:  my reservation now says SUITE #GTY....

Edited by 2flacruisers
spelling
  • Like 2

On 10/7/2021 at 2:50 PM, bajathree said:

The current cost difference between a GS to a CLS on my Dec Allure sailing is $508/pp ...so really not that different from what you bid.

But the  relative number isn't what it costs now but the difference between what he paid initially and the price now.

Got our Royal up offer for Liberty of the Seas 12/12.

I bid on the GS, 2BD GS, OS, VS and RS...  for the GS and OS's I bid fair and the others I bid weak bids.  We'd be lost in the mammoth space of a villa suite but it'd still be fun... 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I bid on the GS, 2BD GS, OS, VS and RS...  for the GS and OS's I bid fair and the others I bid weak bids.  We'd be lost in the mammoth space of a villa suite but it'd still be fun... 

Same for us in our celebrity penthouse, it was a amazing experience, we did bid for a star class suite for our allure cruise next month. 

54 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

WOW!  The fact that you found out this early is awesome!  Most I'm seeing aren't finding out until a few days before cruise.

10 minutes ago, sandc4e said:

WOW!  The fact that you found out this early is awesome!  Most I'm seeing aren't finding out until a few days before cruise.

I'm on the same one with tree skier, and we all got royal ups. I like interior view, I live alone, like to see action, so I'm good with a promenade but the royal ups wierd. No suites offered, but for $60 I can get a oceanview, but for $50, $10 less I can bid on a spacious ocean view, or for $60 same as regular, a panoramic spacious ocean view. 

Seems like a regular ocean view would be the lowest price. I'm a if it isnt a suite I'll keep my promenade. Ready to be around people. 

Yes more than a month ahead they sent out royal ups. 

35 minutes ago, sandc4e said:

I think you misunderstood my post.  I received the offer to Royalup not a winning bid.  I don't expect to hear anything until December at the earliest.

• Like 2

Hello All:

I sail on 10/23.

My Royal Up bid has always said "Pending" from the moment I made the bid. It still says "Pending" but changed yesterday to where I cannot Modify or Cancel and a bid I did on another category now says "Expired".

What (if anything) are those changes an indication of?  Seems you should be able Modify or Cancel the bid up until your bid is accepted or you are notified you did not receive the upgrade.

Thank you!

My Royal Up bid also says pending and I'm locked out from modifying or cancelling it or bidding on any other category.  I emailed to see what this means but haven't heard back. It seems that this means the bid is accepted because otherwise why can't I modify/cancel?

1 hour ago, FrankLasVegas said:

jtappend - kind of what I was thinking - seems logical but not sure exactly what logic the Royal Up program operates on. 😆  And if that is an indication of an accepted bid, how long before they would notify us I wonder?

When is your sail date?

I have a theory of what they do based on my 40 years of experience as a systems analyst and programmer, purely from the anecdotal posts I have read over the last few months. I could be completely wrong of course. It seems like a couple of weeks from sail day they run their program to do an initial mock upgrade. Some people have a bid stay pending and others become expired, and all their bids are locked. I think this means at that time they would accept your pending bid, but not yet. I think the bids are locked so you cannot cancel or lower your bid. Others do not have any bids locked or changed to expired and this enables them to up their bids if inclined. I have read posts where people say their bids were locked and then a few days later they are able to change them again. I think that happens because someone out bids the previously locked bid and that new bid becomes the most likely winner at that moment. At some point they are probably running their program daily and updating locked and unlocked constantly until several days before the cruise when they start awarding upgrades. It seems to be a good sign when you have a pending bid that is locked but you will not know for sure until 2 to 3 days before your cruise. We have 2 bids that are pending and not locked for our 10/24 cruise and at this point I don’t expect those to change. I know some people on our cruise already have locked bids.

• Like 3

My wife thought so, LOL. I am driving her crazy with RoyalUp stuff and she says we are not going to get Star Class and I need to forget it. 

With a pending locked bid I would say you are sitting good. I think human nature is to wait it out and not feel like you are bidding against yourself and up the bid. I am sure not going to bid more now.

9 minutes ago, Espn said:

My wife thought so, LOL. I am driving her crazy with RoyalUp stuff and she says we are not going to get Star Class and I need to forget it. 

With a pending locked bid I would say you are sitting good. I think human nature is to wait it out and not feel like you are bidding against yourself and up the bid. I am sure not going to bid more now.

On celebrity I actually lowered my penthouse bid and then it was accepted,  as soon as it was I got notified that my credit card was charged.

2 hours ago, George C said:

On celebrity I actually lowered my penthouse bid and then it was accepted,  as soon as it was I got notified that my credit card was charged.

Funny but interesting. Maybe I should lower my SC bid. 🤔

15 minutes ago, Espn said:

Funny but interesting. Maybe I should lower my SC bid. 🤔

What I find interesting is most of the suites up for bid didn’t appear when you look to see what suites are available, at least this is the case on my allure cruise next month, I saved a thousand by lowering my bid. 

6 hours ago, FrankLasVegas said:

What (if anything) are those changes an indication of?  Seems you should be able Modify or Cancel the bid up until your bid is accepted or you are notified you did not receive the upgrade  

Nothing. You can but you need to call them to try to unlock it. 

15 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I think you misunderstood my post.  I received the offer to Royalup not a winning bid.  I don't expect to hear anything until December at the earliest.

Yes I did misread your post.  Good luck on your bid!

S

• Like 1