CC mess-up

Somehow CC messed up my screen name and took away my profile picture.  They have my screen name as cruzinlady47 and not 1947, which is what it is. They have me at about 9-10 posts, when I have almost 10,000 posts. Has anyone ever had a problem like this?  Is there a way to straighten it out?  I haven’t done anything that would cause the change. It just happened. Do people hack people on CC?  

Something strange going on here.

Any answers or ideas would be appreciated.  Thanks...

Gwen 😀

10 minutes ago, deepcman said:

Are you sure the problem isn't between the keyboard and the chair? Better check again.....

What keyboard and chair?  Are you suggesting it is something I did? I assure you, I didn't do anything but come on to CC this morning and noticed that things had been changed. Unless I did something in my sleep.....:classic_blink:

Gwen 🙂

13 minutes ago, deepcman said:
22 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Send an email to community@cruisecritic.com and explain the problem.

Thanks, I just did that. Just wondered if it happened to anyone else, or whether I was just the lucky one....Now, we will see if they get back to me about it.

Gwen 🙂

18 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

This is what you are looking for isn't it?

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/profile/700539-cruzinlady1947/

Excellent detective work!

It looks like she created 2 profiles on the same date....same "about me" info, etc.  Looks like she logged into the "wrong" one. Wrong=the profile not used frequently.

Also, it looks like she had the same issue in Dec 2016.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

This is what you are looking for isn't it?

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/profile/700539-cruzinlady1947/

Yes and I saw that, but, I never logged out and now when I post it comes on as the new screen name they gave me. Don't know how to get back to my old one. It was there yesterday.  I just want my old identity back.....lol

Gwen 🙂

1 minute ago, cruzinlady47 said:

Yes and I saw that, but, I never logged out and now when I post it comes on as the new screen name they gave me. Don't know how to get back to my old one. It was there yesterday.  I just want my old identity back.....lol

Gwen 🙂

Click log out at the top of the screen and then log in with the correct screen name.

13 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Excellent detective work!

It looks like she created 2 profiles on the same date....same "about me" info, etc.  Looks like she logged into the "wrong" one. Wrong=the profile not used frequently.

Also, it looks like she had the same issue in Dec 2016.

I haven't logged out of it. I stay logged in. How can it change if I didn't log out and back in again?  I think I might have tried to open an account with just the 47 behind my screen name once, but, it said it was already taken by someone else.

I have to log in every time on my tablet, but, not my desktop, which is what I am on now. Why would it change it here if I never logged out?

Gwen 🙂

6 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

This person only has 8000 post count and not 10,000. 

I said almost 10,000 posts. Just 106 more posts to go. I didn’t want to start over with my count.

Now, I have to finish packing for my cruise on Saturday.  You all have been very helpful. Thanks.  I feel like my old self again. 😉

Gwen 😀

I had a similar problem back in 2006. As you can see, I am listed as having joined in 2006.  I actually joined in 2000 with a different user name.

However, in 2006, there was a major overhaul of the board  (was it the change over from AOL ?) and we were suppose to recreate our user name and log in the first time on the new board.  

The problem was that when I went to do so, I was told my user name was already taken and to pick a new one, which I did.

I did do a slow burn every time I saw a new post from the old "me" along with my total post numbers. Whoever took my name is no longer using it as that name is no longer listed as a member. 

1 hour ago, Homosassa said:

I had a similar problem back in 2006. As you can see, I am listed as having joined in 2006.  I actually joined in 2000 with a different user name.

However, in 2006, there was a major overhaul of the board  (was it the change over from AOL ?) and we were suppose to recreate our user name and log in the first time on the new board.  

The problem was that when I went to do so, I was told my user name was already taken and to pick a new one, which I did.

I did do a slow burn every time I saw a new post from the old "me" along with my total post numbers. Whoever took my name is no longer using it as that name is no longer listed as a member. 

I just couldn’t figure out how it changed when I didn’t log out. I stay logged in all the time. I had to log in on my iPad, but didn’t change anything. I did originally sign up with just cruzinlady47, but, they wouldn’t let me use that because that was already taken.  Doesn’t matter now. At least these nice people here helped me out.  

Gwen 😀

36 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

8898 + 106 = 10,000?

LOL...well, I tried to get there sooner.  Just add about another 100 posts.  You have to excuse me. I'm leaving for a cruise today.  I'm in cruise mode, not mathematics. I'll blame it on my age and being blond. I think I need a vacation too. But, I still don't know what I did to mess up my screen name. :classic_blush:

Thanks for the post.

Gwen 🙂

1 hour ago, cruzinlady1947 said:

LOL...well, I tried to get there sooner.  Just add about another 100 posts.  You have to excuse me. I'm leaving for a cruise today.  I'm in cruise mode, not mathematics. I'll blame it on my age and being blond. I think I need a vacation too. But, I still don't know what I did to mess up my screen name. :classic_blush:

Thanks for the post.

Gwen 🙂

You and Fred have fun, Gwen!  Happy Holidays.  Katherine