The Royal Should Do Well in The West

need2cruisesoon

3 hours ago, need2cruisesoon said:

I think Princess has hit a home run with the Royal coming out west.

Sailings are filling up fast.:classic_smile:

We are looking at a 10 day Mexico next October.

Booked  3 West Coast cruises on Royal for 2019.  Good location suites getting scarce.  Suggest booking  soon if you want a prime location balcony or above stateroom.  🙂

Good luck.

King

Edited by Kingofcool1947
  • Like 1

I’m booked on two cruises B2B on the Royal this Spring. Checked pricing on my cruises under the current promotion: one cruise would be $100 more, the other $1,000 more. Prices are definitely going up, even with a “sale.” 

I initially booked with the 1$ deposit promotion. Months later re-booked under Sip & Sail: for $100 more, upgraded from an inside to a balcony plus $300 OBC/cruise ($600 total not including TA, shareholder and loyalty OBC) as I opted for OBC instead of the drinks. 

10 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

I personally prefer smaller ships. The Royal would not be my first choice for any cruise because of the size and number of passengers. It's a good thing there are varied choices so everyone can get what they like. 

Excellent point.  All of the ships have something unique to offer.  I was on the Royal for a 10 day Southern Caribbean and really missed the promenade and larger balconies, but thoroughly enjoyed the food and the entertainment in all venues.  I'm booked for a 7 day Mexico in April and am really looking forward to Alfredo's and what I mentioned above, but will for sure miss the promenade, especially on sea days.  And it is a big ship....

On 12/14/2018 at 3:13 PM, need2cruisesoon said:

I think Princess has hit a home run with the Royal coming out west.

Sailings are filling up fast.:classic_smile:

We are looking at a 10 day Mexico next October.

We also tried to book that sailing during the sip and sail promo.  The new travel agent I tried got everything so screwed up, we decided to just go on the Grand instead ... just one last time in one of those window suites during the same time period.  Instead, we booked one of the 7 night itineraries on the Royal for the upcoming spring.  That sailing had a lot of availability when I first booked it and now, all the desirable cabins at that great pricing seem to have been swept up....so, think you are right, they are filling up fast.  

But, still wanting to try the Eclipse when she comes out to the west coast next year.  We booked a sailing on her that was canceled for a charter ... so they put us onto another sailing with some compensation.  Dare we go on all those sailings in 2019???  I think the answer is YES!!  

We booked immediately ( may 2017 for an April 2019 cruise) upon learning that the Royal would be coming out west.  We got a great deal,  and also a sip and sail promo, but we didn’t want the drinks package so they gave us $300 instead for our 7 day cruise. Combined with TA credit and future cruise deposit, we have $500 to spend on a 7 day cruise.  I haven’t really seen a better promo since we booked, along with the great price we got, too.  

13 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Ha! All these home runs! Could it be because you don't have to fly anywhere?

Well you do have the Grand, and any change would be a step up for sure. 

That's for sure.  The only thing I think now that I will miss about the Grand is that they have those window suites.  I would have to seriously cut back on my cruising addiction if I were to need a full suite.  

The staff / crew has also always been among the best but we found a few inconsistencies with that on our last sailing with her.  So, now, looking forward to getting a newer ship back out of SF, even though we've had the Star here before.  I guess it would be too much to ask for the Royal or a similar ship here in our home port.  We still have to fly if we are going to Los Angeles.  I mean, I guess we could drive, albeit, it is a pretty long drive.  

• Like 1

Last time I checked all my mental facilities are in order.  I love the fact that the Royal is coming out west.  We've been to Alaska 5 times, all on Grand class ships and we've enjoyed every one of these cruises.  We have been on the Royal 3 times, disembarking from #3 yesterday.  While on the ship, I did a walkabout on the public decks with Alaska in mind since we will be back on the ship in July.  There should be plenty of outdoor space to view the glaciers and other gorgeous scenery in Alaska and I am happy with our choice to book the Royal to Alaska.  As others have said, it's great that Princess offers different ship experiences so that we can choose the ship that best suits us.

As a "West coaster" I do know that we are cruise ship starved out here.  Most cruise lines have pulled out of our side of the country.....RCI,  Norwegian,  Holland and Princess only offer hit and miss occasional repositioning type sailings in Spring and Fall.......it's nice not to have to fly somewhere to take a cruise.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Qcruise said:

As a "West coaster" I do know that we are cruise ship starved out here.  Most cruise lines have pulled out of our side of the country.....RCI,  Norwegian,  Holland and Princess only offer hit and miss occasional repositioning type sailings in Spring and Fall.......it's nice not to have to fly somewhere to take a cruise.

and we're willing to pay for it.  Great up coming market of youth and excess of cash to spend on a rental tux and evening gowns.

Edited by c-boy

1 hour ago, Qcruise said:

I am quite "ship starved too". 

I had heard somewhere that Columbus did take a side trip up the Platte.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Qcruise said:

Oceania is sailing from San Francisco in Spring.  I’ve alrady booked a Vista Suite for my 24 day cruise.  

Ahhh, the suite life.   Especially when it’s on Oceania.  😋

King

Edited by Kingofcool1947