Blu menu?

39august

24 minutes ago, 39august said:

Thanks so  much. This is our first time in Blu. 

You will love it. We are in aqua on our upcoming cruise and did aqua once before. It does kind of spoil it for you if you aren’t in aqua on other cruises  

We just finished a 12 night cruise on the Silhouette in AQ and ate every meal in Blu.

We had the filet the first night, once more during the week, and enjoyed the lobster on the final Evening Chic night.

1 hour ago, Ozzmund said:

We just finished a 12 night cruise on the Silhouette in AQ and ate every meal in Blu.

We had the filet the first night, once more during the week, and enjoyed the lobster on the final Evening Chic night.

I’ll be doing a 12 night itinerary in March on the Silhouette, can you please tell me how many evening chic nights there were? Thank you!

4 hours ago, CruisersTimesThree said:

I’ll be doing a 12 night itinerary in March on the Silhouette, can you please tell me how many evening chic nights there were? Thank you!

We had three Evening Chic nights, not sure that is the normal schedule as two of the nights were Christmas and New Year's Eve.

We just returned home yesterday on the Infinity. The only night Filet was on the menu was Friday, the last night, don’t remember seeing Lobster at all. Maybe the duration matters it shouldn’t but perhaps ...

What about Prime rib?

We have been in BLU many times but have gone to MDR  for that..I prefer that to the Filet..Either way, the BLU menus are very good  for us and we will probably enjoy some of the more recent menu additions..

• Like 1

Filet is served on the first night.  IMHO, steak on Celebrity is just ok, and have had it in Luminea.  I much prefer a steak on my grill or in a decent restaurant.  While on board I always try to order something I wouldn't order on shore.  If you order something you don't like, just reorder.

Rollie

We ate in Blu during our 12 days on Silhouette sailing last month. We felt that food was OK, but dessert menu was not very good or exiting or even well prepared. My crape was dry and cold and apple pie was burned on the bottom. Not the quality of food in Blu we had in the past - somewhat  disappointed. Even service was not even. Some stuff was not fully trained. Not sure if we will book AQ again. 

10 minutes ago, ISABELLA said:

We ate in Blu during our 12 days on Silhouette sailing last month. We felt that food was OK, but dessert menu was not very good or exiting or even well prepared. My crape was dry and cold and apple pie was burned on the bottom. Not the quality of food in Blu we had in the past - somewhat  disappointed. Even service was not even. Some stuff was not fully trained. Not sure if we will book AQ again. 

I agree that dessert were disappointing in selection and quality in Blu.  The short ribs and salmon were really good.  I pleaded not to have that cream sauce poured over the "lobster".  Need melted butter.

9 minutes ago, keesar said:

I agree that dessert were disappointing in selection and quality in Blu.  The short ribs and salmon were really good.  I pleaded not to have that cream sauce poured over the "lobster".  Need melted butter.

You had a cream sauce on the lobster?  We have always gotten an orange flavored sauce which we don't like.  We, too, ask for drawn butter served in a dish and not poured over the lobster as it gets cold really quickly that way.

3 hours ago, TeaBag said:

You had a cream sauce on the lobster?  We have always gotten an orange flavored sauce which we don't like.  We, too, ask for drawn butter served in a dish and not poured over the lobster as it gets cold really quickly that way.

Yes, it was a cream sauce.  Probably to "assist"  the flavor of the warm water lobsters.  In the Caribbean, we are served the warm water ones.  In Alaska, we had Maine lobsters.  

Our experience on a number of cruises last year is that filet is served on the first night.   We were actually disappointed by the offerings on the Chic nights (we are not lobster fans - not sure if they served that).  Thought they would be special but there was nothing that appealed to us particularly. although overall we are very fond of Blu and always pick AQ over any other non-suite cabin.  We also really enjoy being able to eat our breakfast there.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We found the menu changed, last year short ribs replaced prime rib, so no prime rib at all now although they haven’t changed the menu as such for many years, the same 14 day rotation, we found it strange for a ‘healthy option’ dining experience meatloaf is on the menu, the quality of food seems to sailed in a different direction.

I book Aqua on every cruise.  Filet is served on the first night.  I have also asked for the filet when not on the menu and never had an issue.  However, if you make speciality request like this make sure you do additional gratuity at the end of the cruise. I always give additional to the servers and Maitre D' when doing so. Cheers!

Edited by whatyouknowsays