Millennium Revolution -

Jim_Iain

I’m just curious  if anyone knows I have booked for the first time 1140 on the summit after completion and couldn’t find a picture showing on the millennium if they changed the deck size . Really looking forward to the larger deck on the aft of  the boat ??

Hi,

We are looking to book a Royal Suite on the Millennium for 2021. When I go to the Royal Suite description on the Celebrity site they don't mention that there's a hot tub on the veranda.  Does anyone know if the hot tubs will remain?

Thank you

22 minutes ago, sdnich said:

I’m just curious  if anyone knows I have booked for the first time 1140 on the summit after completion and couldn’t find a picture showing on the millennium if they changed the deck size . Really looking forward to the larger deck on the aft of  the boat ??

I really doubt that they have changed the size of the deck size.   Looking at the floor plans for both the Oceanview Bar (Resort Deck) and Sunrise Deck the shape has not changed.     

It appears to me that if they were to increase the balcony they would have to bump out over the top of the Ocean view Bar.     

Where did yo see pictures that it has been bumped out?   Haven't seen that but then I haven't seen any in detail. 

I also have that cabin booked on an upcoming cruise on Infinity (before dry dock).   Being the skeptic that I can be, I wonder why Celebrity would increase the size of the deck if it weren't going to generate any additional revenue unless it somehow creates something functional in the deck below.   

It appears they have taken out the "Sail" covering at the Sunset bar and put in a sun ray pergola.   

Will really be nice to see some real pictures next week.  Hope we have a lot of cruise critics aboard. 

Edited by Jim_Iain

I think the basic "foot print" remains the same......including the same size balconies on the rear of deck 11. I just hope they replace the awning with the same size these cabins used to have, love the sun/shade mix. Looks like the awnings on all the aft cabins has been removed for rehab. I doubt the deck 11 aft cabins would change the balcony footprint as this would involve some structural changes to the bar below. Just my opinion.......everyone has one.

Hey Jim I am on the summit in 2020 and when I googled the aft rooms 1140 had a bump out that went  out over the  Ocean view bar . I’ve also talk to other people who have had that room and they said it is a much larger aft balcony then even the two on the side 1141 and 1138 . But all  five of the aqua class on deck 11 aft have larger balconies  . I will try to post a picture but I’m running late for work LOL 

4 hours ago, pd7277 said:

First is in bright early day sunshine (with water coming out of the ship???); second, late day clouds and ready to float.

Thanks.  I guess I looked too quickly and only focused on the color differences – didn't notice all the water in the bottom of the second picture. :classic_huh:  Also I wasn't expecting such major changes in appearance with different light – Azamara blue is so dark [I asked Captain Carl if it wasn't the shade of blue that the rest of the world calls 'black' :classic_biggrin:] that it doesn't change like this.

58 minutes ago, sdnich said:

Jim from what I saw in pictures 1140 is bumped all the way out and the ones on both sides are also bumped  out but not quite as far as 1140 . I was just hoping they didn’t make it smaller 😳

The Celebrity deck plans for the aft-facing AQ balconies has always been wrong [drawn as a straight line].  Here is a post from 2012 with a rough sketch of how they really were.  [I have no knowledge of whether there are any changes with the 2019 dry dock]

M-Class Aft Balconies (deck 11).pdf

Thanks for the post.  Really interesting to see.     I've never stayed in a AquaClass Aft before.  My April trip will be our first experiment in not sailing ins CS or above and now that we are Zenith and get most of the perks decided to see how we like it.   We booked 1140 on Infinity - ( I'm wondering if they have the same extended deck).    When booking I used a residential rate and booked a 4 day (prior to our TA) for $800 total.  How can you go wrong at $100 pp for 4 nights. 

14 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

We booked 1140 on Infinity - ( I'm wondering if they have the same extended deck). 

It does. Here's a close up of a photo I took of Infinity docked at Ushuaia on Dec 31 2016

3D62C5BC-19B5-4D20-B4D5-C34627DD3067.jpeg

D3FA2E3E-3B0E-40E7-ACA5-93D6A6836633.jpeg

Edited by mahdnc

3 hours ago, sdnich said:

A few pages back there are some pics

It appears the balconies were not changed and 1140 being the deepest--and the ones on either side slightly less with a wedge and then the outer two... as before

It appears the canvas sail canopy was changed to the hardscape trellis/arbor 

We have bookings for rooms ont eh aft on ships both pre and post revolution... so have been watching closely as well.

• Like 1

Great I must’ve missed it I went through quite a few pages quickly this morning . We just booked September 2020 on Summit  Canada and had to switch the weeks because someone booked 1140 before me but just went on the next cruise and were able to  at 1140. We really wanted a sky suite that the prices were too high so we are very happy with our choice and the extra money in our pocket !!

12 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

A few pages back there are some pics

It appears the balconies were not changed and 1140 being the deepest--and the ones on either side slightly less with a wedge and then the outer two... as before

It appears the canvas sail canopy was changed to the hardscape trellis/arbor 

We have bookings for rooms ont eh aft on ships both pre and post revolution... so have been watching closely as well.

How exciting... The only post revolution we have booked isn't until November of 2020 on Silhouette.

1 minute ago, Fogfog said:

We will be neighbors for a few weeks. Cheers

Are you on the East Bound TA on Infinity also?    It will be our first east bound.    We've done about a dozen westbound and really enjoy the extra hour.   Will be interesting to see how loosing an hour every night works.  Nap time for sure. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks for the post.  Really interesting to see.     I've never stayed in a AquaClass Aft before.  My April trip will be our first experiment in not sailing ins CS or above and now that we are Zenith and get most of the perks decided to see how we like it.   We booked 1140 on Infinity - ( I'm wondering if they have the same extended deck).    When booking I used a residential rate and booked a 4 day (prior to our TA) for $800 total.  How can you go wrong at $100 pp for 4 nights. 

You are going to love the balcony!  I sailed in 1140 about 4 years ago.  The balcony is amazing and the stairway right down to the sunset bar and buffet is so nice.  BLU is amazing.  I am jealous!  Loved Loved Loved that cabin.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Are you on the East Bound TA on Infinity also?    It will be our first east bound.    We've done about a dozen westbound and really enjoy the extra hour.   Will be interesting to see how loosing an hour every night works.  Nap time for sure. 

hahaha ikr

though maybe easier than a flight to London to catch a sailing from Southampton--then you get the 5 hr whack all at once

looking fwd to meeting you two irl

cheers