Millennium Revolution -

Jim_Iain

19 minutes ago, Muffinz said:

does anyone know if this deck planwww.cruisedeckplans.com-deckplan.php-shi

is current (after refurbishment) or is this how it was before refurbishment?

also I assume all the photos of Millennium (when you go to ship overview) on this site are of the 'old' Millennium?

This is the new plan.  Extra AQs on Deck 10 forward, the new inside cabins by the elevators and additional rooms by Tuscan.  I believe there are more on Deck 3, but do not recall where.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, pd7277 said:

This is the new plan.  Extra AQs on Deck 10 forward, the new inside cabins by the elevators and additional rooms by Tuscan.  I believe there are more on Deck 3, but do not recall where.

I believe it is correct.  Deck 3 shows the OV cabins 3115-3127. 

Edited by ecslady

I am the original poster  of the pictures for 6146 which were posted on fb.

If I had to grade the renovations I would give it 75%...it is not a fail, but it certainly not a home run.  as many have noted the  balcony furniture is a massive failure the table and chairs are barely functional, the couch is nice but not practical...The previous furniture was better, and existing furniture on the S class is superior.  balcony is a failure.

There is no table in the room.....a small end table arrived day 3 it is ok to hold a drink or two but that is all.  as noted there are no bedside lights..major failure.    The inside couch is not convertible to a bed...room capacity is only 2 people. 

As someone mentioned it is form over function...looks nice but not  very functional.   As noted the desk chair does not go under the desk...in fact the desk is so low that my legs do not fit under the desk unless I stretch them out.

The whole thing looks like it was designed for people who are on the smaller side of average.  there are some  very small chairs in the Retreat Lounge that no full size individual is able to fit into.  I will upload pictures when internet becomes more stable.

The Retreat deck does provide food and bar service.  The food is more small bites,  not an extensive menu.  The staff of Luminae does service in Luminae, Retreat Lounge, and Retreat  Deck..so they do get to know you and your preferences.

The bathroom has small issues, which can be easily remedied....but it will take time...for example no make up mirror, and the lighting in the bathroom is about a metre behind you and there is insufficient lighting to do the simple things like shave.  Also for the ladies, no leg bar in the shower, and no space to place your own shampoo etc if you choose the bring it.   Also the shower has a $19.99 hand held shower head.....they could of put in a rain head....... The vanity sinks have no plugs  to hold the water....useless.  

My personal opinion is that the overall concept was fantastic, however it did not translate well into the small details.

Primary reason we chose this room is for the size...would definitely  choose it again....in fact we did for The Summit in 2021.

I will provide more pics of the ship and comments over the next few days.

It is all good, don't sweat the small stuff,  I am off to explore Ha Long Bay.

Cheers.  Claude

Edited by ScubesDad
spelling
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, ScubesDad said:

If I had to grade the renovations I would give it 75%...it is not a fail, but it certainly not a home run.  as many have noted the  balcony furniture is a massive failure the table and chairs are barely functional, the couch is nice but not practical...The previous furniture was better, and existing furniture on the S class is superior.  balcony is a failure.

There is no table in the room.....a small end table arrived day 3 it is ok to hold a drink or two but that is all.  as noted there are no bedside lights..major failure.    The inside couch is not convertible to a bed...room capacity is only 2 people. 

As someone mentioned it is form over function...looks nice but not  very functional.   As noted the desk chair does not go under the desk...in fact the desk is so low that my legs do not fit under the desk unless I stretch them out.

The whole thing looks like it was designed for people who are on the smaller side of average.  there are some  very small chairs in the Retreat Lounge that no full size individual is able to fit into.  I will upload pictures when internet becomes more stable.

The Retreat deck does provide food and bar service.  The food is more small bites,  not an extensive menu.  The staff of Luminae does service in Luminae, Retreat Lounge, and Retreat  Deck..so they do get to know you and your preferences.

The bathroom has small issues, which can be easily remedied....but it will take time...for example no make up mirror, and the lighting in the bathroom is about a metre behind you and there is insufficient lighting to do the simple things like shave.  Also for the ladies, no leg bar in the shower, and no space to place your own shampoo etc if you choose the bring it.   Also the shower has a $19.99 hand held shower head.....they could of put in a rain head....... The vanity sinks have no plugs  to hold the water....useless.  

My personal opinion is that the overall concept was fantastic, however it did not translate well into the small details.

Primary reason we chose this room is for the size...would definitely  choose it again....in fact we did for The Summit in 2021.

Cheers.  Claude

Sounds like you are one of the ones we have been waiting to hear (and view) from.  Enjoy your day!  We'll still be here.

19 minutes ago, pd7277 said:

New on Instagram.  Would be nice if true, but cane back chair on the verandah? I guess it could be faux, and if so, quite NICE!  Where would this AQ room be?

image.thumb.png.4081297e51547cb1d776059bf6f6fb61.png

Sorry, but that is not an Aqua Class verandah. Those comfy cane back chairs were designed for higher Suites. Guests in upper suites can eat in any restaurant they choose based upon availability.

Edited by C-Dragons

1 hour ago, pd7277 said:

New on Instagram.  Would be nice if true, but cane back chair on the verandah? I guess it could be faux, and if so, quite NICE!  Where would this AQ room be?

My own look back on it says rendering (as in decorative pots on verandah table), but who would put the window washer rail in a rendering?  Hmm?  Looks nice, but out of my price range regardless.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, C-Dragons said:

Sorry, but that is not an Aqua Class verandah. Those comfy cane back chairs were designed for higher Suites. Guests in upper suites can eat in any restaurant they choose based upon availability.

I asked the person who posted it on Instagram and they said it was a Royal Suite.

4 hours ago, ScubesDad said:

The inside couch is not convertible to a bed...room capacity is only 2 people. 

The Retreat deck does provide food and bar service.  The food is more small bites,  

Cheers.  Claude

Thank you for taking the time to comment in such detail. We will be in 6146 on the Summit Match 30. The couch has me worried. We have a son. The updated deck plans on Millie and Summit still show it as a quad????  I’d call X, but I know they won’t have an answer. 

Did you ask for better furniture on the balcony?  I’m wondering if they will accommodate if asked. 

At the bar on the retreat deck, is it pretty well stocked as far as selection goes?  Can you elaborate on the small bites?  Is there any shade?  

Sorry for al the questions. Thank you again for posting. Now I pretty much know what to expect from 6146 if the Summit follows the same.  

Enjoy the cruise. 

8 hours ago, pd7277 said:

My own look back on it says rendering (as in decorative pots on verandah table), but who would put the window washer rail in a rendering?  Hmm?  Looks nice, but out of my price range regardless.

Thanks Adam.  This set looks like the love seat we saw earlier with the blue cushion.  Maybe they are breaking out the new stuff one suite at a time.  Hope those white cushions still look relatively new in a month.:classic_ohmy:

10 hours ago, pd7277 said:

This looks like a rendering and advertising ... not true to life. 

Thanks for the new cabin deck views on Millennium which I understand will be the same for Summit.  We are in Cabin 3125 on Summit and I could not find any 3125 on any site until this.  At least I know I have a cabin.

Also looks like Martini Bar has remained same design - very happy about that.

7 hours ago, Fogfog said:

It's real. If you look at the poster's IG account you'll see she is cruising through Asia right now. There is another photo on her page taken from the ship.

18 hours ago, ScubesDad said:

Cheers.  Claude

Well thanks ! I was so looking forward to 6145 in a few weeks; still am but with a bit of a damper.  

How did you find the storage?

Without a room table, what happens when you order room service?

Did you request a lounger for the deck?

1 hour ago, WonderMan3 said:

It's real. If you look at the poster's IG account you'll see she is cruising through Asia right now. There is another photo on her page taken from the ship.

Ahhh ha

I looked at the tweets/pics/instagram what have you and thought it more of a clever advertising scheme... not a legit thing.

The two potted plants on the outside table... and that rattan/wicker chair made me think it is a mock-up

19 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

Ahhh ha

I looked at the tweets/pics/instagram what have you and thought it more of a clever advertising scheme... not a legit thing.

The two potted plants on the outside table... and that rattan/wicker chair made me think it is a mock-up

Kelly Hoppen is notorious for putting live potted plants everywhere . 

10 hours ago, Fogfog said:

Most artists rendering doesn't go to the extent to put the reflection of things in glass. With only 744 followers, I don't think this account is such an influencer that it would be used for advertising. Seems true to me...though very different from all the other pictures.

Another from Instagram with this caption:

neaengineeringgroup

An entrance screen designed, fabricated and installed in the Deck 10 Ocean View Cafe on the Celebrity Millennium cruise ship. This amazing piece was made from aluminium flat bar in 3”x3/4” and 3”x1/2”; finished in ‘racing bronze’ powder coat. @celebritymilleniumcruiseship#neaengineeringgroup #celebritymillennium#oceanviewcafe #aluminiumflatbar#powdercoating #bronze #screens #decks#cruises #cafe #shipping #celebritycruises#marinefitout

51135413_778163912543959_7234977813011599268_n.jpg.bd1e3a0aada48207eb05dabce6f42596.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

Kelly Hoppen is notorious for putting live potted plants everywhere . 

And on EDGE we saw them all blown over everywhere,.....pvt pool cabana area, outside suite deck area...Very sad to see the plants windswept  and blown over..Poorly placed!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Anita Latte said:

Most artists rendering doesn't go to the extent to put the reflection of things in glass. With only 744 followers, I don't think this account is such an influencer that it would be used for advertising. Seems true to me...though very different from all the other pictures.

I think it’s funny how we all did the same thing....  and what is with her lips?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hcat said:

And on EDGE we saw them all blown over everywhere,.....pvt pool cabana area, outside suite deck area...Very sad to see the plants windswept  and blown over..Poorly placed!

There were potted Succulents in the Penthouse. Succulents need to be in sunny locations. The poor plants were dying because they were placed in inappropriate places. Really sad.

So...this is a test...is this thread back?

Nice...IDK that I have the time to see what happened to the thread...but very glad to see it is back. This has been very informative and I appreciate all who have taken the time to post here and add links and generally add to the knowledge here in the forum.

Edited by Anita Latte
  • Like 4