Millennium Revolution -

Jim_Iain

Thanks for posting the link...I was happy to see the little bit of the gym that was shown and the Oceanview. Both look great to me. I actually think the gym might feel a bit more full with all the machines still there, but the line of sight that opened up through the cardio studio seems very nice. Cosmos looked the same to me, but the new Rendezvous looked really nice.

I apologize in advance for not reading every word of this thread (and maybe answers are in here), but I have a few questions about the Retreat Sundeck before I make a booking:

1) Is there a bar on the Retreat sundeck? I don't see a free-standing bar in the plans, but might be missing it.

2) For those who have been in the Retreat, did you feel that there were enough loungers? Though there are lovely clam shells, couches, tables and chairs, I wondered if people felt there were enough loungers (maybe someone has read something on social media, but understand that it might take more time to get good feedback on that - I am getting an idea from the video from DaCruiseBug).

3) Is there RFID access?

Thanks and thanks, Jim, for the great thread!

Edited by vtcruising

Dr. Cocktail,

Hi! Do the clip on umbrellas really work?  I think I may need to get one.  It looks like Millie might have lost a lot of shaded area..  My thinking regarding this revolution is that it is possible Celebrity is looking to decrease the 65+ crowd and increase the 35+ group.   I hope not because we have loved our Celebrity cruises and actually have more planned in the near and far future.  The video was fun to see and the ship looks beautiful.   I can hardly wait to see her next year.  All of the ?????s and kinks from redo will be worked out by then and I’m sure she is and will be wonderful!!!

Happy sailing everyone!

15 hours ago, cruisingaussies said:

Apologies if this post isn’t in the right place, but so many people on here have such a lot of knowledge. 

Thinking of booking Millie Tokyo-Tokyo 02 October. There are roll calls for the two sailings after that but none for the 02 October sailing. Wondering if there could be a big group booking as there appear to be a lot of cabins already booked (looking at a veranda).  Is there any way to find out?

Appreciate any comments. 

Thanks 

If a Roll Call has not be created you could create one yourself. 

There is no resource to be certain if there are group tours on your cruise.   You often my find them by Googling Special Interest Cruises and searching the dates.   I don't find anything to indicate that there are any. 

Many of the Japan cruises have a high passenger load from various Asian countries and they may not participated on Cruise Critic.

Great video.   I have a feeling after watching that some of the original pictures they were still working on replacing carpet and soft goods.    If I recall first pictures showed older furniture and some of the old carpet.   The video looks more finished.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, happycruisenut said:

Dr. Cocktail,

Hi! Do the clip on umbrellas really work?  I think I may need to get one.  It looks like Millie might have lost a lot of shaded area..  M

They're not bad .... the problem occurs with chairs with large frames where the attachment bracket can't expand wide enough.

Chair umbrella.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

If a Roll Call has not be created you could create one yourself. 

There is no resource to be certain if there are group tours on your cruise.   You often my find them by Googling Special Interest Cruises and searching the dates.   I don't find anything to indicate that there are any. 

Many of the Japan cruises have a high passenger load from various Asian countries and they may not participated on Cruise Critic.

Thanks so much for your reply and research, Jim. I rather thought the reason for no roll call could be a high volume of passengers from Asia. 

Happy cruising!

Brenda

Am I the only one who got nauseous watching the go-pro video above? 🤢

Just like when I'd watch our boys gaming--the movement makes my brain - stomach ill

Was interesting to see some of the venues and I noted the labeling (english) was mismatched at times.

As  the Summit dry dock moves fwd I hope we learn more there as well.

So unanswered questions re dining...though I am wondering now if the whole fleet will NOT get "edge" dining as we discussed month and months ago.... 

Again TY Jim_Iain for the thread

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

So unanswered questions re dining...though I am wondering now if the whole fleet will NOT get "edge" dining as we discussed month and months ago.... 

Cheers

No, I felt that way at the beginning then it calmed down.

It seems that Millennium and Summit will have Tuscan and Qsine with the original menu.  Doesn't seem to be much give in the dining options so don't look for it to change going forward.  Otherwise, whey wasn't it done during the Revolution?  No way to know about the S class ships until Equinox starts the process. I would not mind giving Tuscan up for Prime Cut but would hate to lose Murano's.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fogfog said:

Just like when I'd watch our boys gaming--the movement makes my brain - stomach ill

Was interesting to see some of the venues and I noted the labeling (english) was mismatched at times.

As  the Summit dry dock moves fwd I hope we learn more there as well.

Cheers

Celebrity never gave any indication of changing/adding dining during the Revolution updates save for adding Le Petit Chef and expanding the Gastrobar concept. Any discussion about any other concepts on Edge coming to the older ships was purely speculation on the part of posters here including myself. As more press releases came out and there was never any added mention of new restaurant concepts coming to the S and M class ships, especially once Edge launched, it was pretty clear that there weren't going to be any beyond LPC and Gastrobar (the latter being only a concept on S class). Continuing to speculate about new restaurants coming to M and S class ships seems a bit futile at this point since we have now seen what was done on Millennium.

• Like 2

Chezmarylou!  We’re you on the 11/24 Reflection cruise.  

Also,  did you say they were doing away with Murano.   We really like their menu and service.   Tuscan and Qsine/Le Petit Chef have been disappointing..  We did enjoy a wonderful special event - Indian Dinner - in Sushi on Five one night on our last cruise.

I don’t agree.  If Celebrity would post pictures and information about exactly what was done to the Millenium then all of us could make informed decisions based upon fact as opposed to speculation.  It makes me sad and frustrated and angry that Celebrity has yet to update their website with anything since the Millenium came out of drydock 2 plus weeks ago.  It is the same BS that we have seen promoting the KH designs.  They couldn’t have taken photographs as areas of the ship and cabins and suites were completed?  Of course they could have done so.  Instead people are begging current cruisers for basic information.

Perhaps their leadership in some sick and stupid way thinks that this increases the interest and buzz.  That is totally insulting to me and to our community.  Imagine, as an example, if Lexus came out with a totally redesigned SUV and only showed stupid mock-ups on their website and expected their customers to buy it now.  At least if they were idiotic enough to do that one could go to the dealership and see the real product. 

From my perspective this this is inexcusable at this point.  Celebrity, stop insulting us and show us the real product.  Are you ashamed of it?  Stop the KH crutch and show us and give us real information about the product.  Stop insulting your loyal and future cruisers.  You have about $35,000 of my money for upcoming cruises in the PS.  I am sick of this BS.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, happycruisenut said:

Chezmarylou!  We’re you on the 11/24 Reflection cruise.  

Also,  did you say they were doing away with Murano.   We really like their menu and service.   Tuscan and Qsine/Le Petit Chef have been disappointing..  We did enjoy a wonderful special event - Indian Dinner - in Sushi on Five one night on our last cruise.

Our cruise on Reflection sailed November 26.  Never said they were doing away with Murano's. We dined so many nights in Murano's on Reflection the Maître D from Luminae hunted us down to see if there was a problem. :classic_biggrin:  It was the 1st time we took full advantage of unlimited specialty dining.

We passed on the Indian dinner in Sushi on 5 because I was told it was very spicy.  I have a hard time with spicy at lunch and will no longer do it at dinner, but I do love it.

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU

1 hour ago, goldsmip115 said:

I don’t agree.  If Celebrity would post pictures and information about exactly what was done to the Millenium then all of us could make informed decisions based upon fact as opposed to speculation.  It makes me sad and frustrated and angry that Celebrity has yet to update their website with anything since the Millenium came out of drydock 2 plus weeks ago.  It is the same BS that we have seen promoting the KH designs.  They couldn’t have taken photographs as areas of the ship and cabins and suites were completed?  Of course they could have done so.  Instead people are begging current cruisers for basic information.

Perhaps their leadership in some sick and stupid way thinks that this increases the interest and buzz.  That is totally insulting to me and to our community.  Imagine, as an example, if Lexus came out with a totally redesigned SUV and only showed stupid mock-ups on their website and expected their customers to buy it now.  At least if they were idiotic enough to do that one could go to the dealership and see the real product. 

From my perspective this this is inexcusable at this point.  Celebrity, stop insulting us and show us the real product.  Are you ashamed of it?  Stop the KH crutch and show us and give us real information about the product.  Stop insulting your loyal and future cruisers.  You have about $35,000 of my money for upcoming cruises in the PS.  I am sick of this BS.

I agree with your point...I wouldn't express it in the same way.....but you're right.  They should really be on top of their game better than this.  Way better than this.  Other lines actually do a blog when they do massive refurbs like this......not Celebrity though. It's really strange.  They'll spam we with endless emails about sales (that may or may not be a bargain), yet don't send me updates that would actually encourage me to book a cruise.  They are REALLY missing out on a sales opportunity here.  Guess bookings must be strong!

Edited by Xcelsior