Millennium Revolution -

Jim_Iain

13 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Not to be a "Debbie Downer" as someone complained about but:

No way to keep the water in the tub. I'm on a cruise in a suite, why should I need to pack a shower curtain?

High tub which has been a problem in Celebrity Suites.

No grab bar.

Shower jell, shampoo and conditioner located low in the shower, which is ok if you are using the tub but who does that?

No where to hang your wash cloth.

No where for women to put their razor, except on the end of the tub. 

Etc, etc.

I'm not a designer but I have to say I designed a functional shower in our house.

I'm not either, but managed to do the same...

Kelly Hoppen has designed many free standing, bowl shaped, high step in bath tubs. Perhaps showers aren’t her thing? 😉

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

My inclination would be to turn the sofa 90 degrees so that the view is of the windows and sea.

If I'm willing to pay the prices X is asking for a CS, I'd definitely be turning the furniture around! 😁

• Like 3

19 hours ago, shirazcruiser said:

Sky Suite Stateroom Picture

I found this on CruiseDeckPlans for a SS bathroom. As previously mentioned, there is no shower curtain. Do you think there is anyway to attach/hang a cheap clear vinyl liner to avoid water all over the place?

Had they put the shower head on the opposite side. Added a bit of glass the width of the partial covering and then put the knobs where they are... you'd be fine. A deeper enclosed area and easily accessible knobs. Then again we have designed redone several baths.... 

I hate when we use several towels for shower water etc

On one ship (not celebrity) I knocked on our adult "childrens" door to speak to one--while the other was in the shower. Water was POURING out of the bathroom onto the carpet at the door entry...😱

Felt like the steward would need a shop vac/wet/dry vac to clean than carpet. Ridiculous.

20 hours ago, hcat said:

It could be just the angle but the tub looks like a high step up and over..not easy for everyone!

It is.  Very difficult to get in and out.  One of the major drawbacks of a SS on M class.  Now that Ms. Hoppen has totally trashed the cabin, no reason at all to book a SS on M class.  The oceanviews looked better!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Toronto Guy said:

Actually the Penthouse pics that have been posted so far look really good, and I think the Celebrity Suite looks pretty good as well - don't like the useless chair they put in the CS living room though and the balcony furniture is still questionable looking.  The Sky Suites look awful - so much so that I wouldn't even consider doing a last minute bid upgrade on one - I'd rather have a standard balcony cabin.  Family Verandahs look good.

Sorry, I don't agree.  Have you ever cruised in an M class penthouse?  A table with a bench seat up against the wall is totally nonfunctional for entertaining.  As is that couch setup.  So far, I've seen that Ms. Hoppen removed a closet in the MBR and substituted some of her useless shelves.  What???  I see where she got her decor.  Take a look at the Target ad for this week!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well folks… for some you here, you may not be the targeted demographics Celebrity is marketing to.

Loyalist who don't buy upgrades simply help fill the unsold rooms.  The younger folks with rising income and wiliness to splurge on vacations are really more important than they have been in the past.

https://smartadvantage.com/blog/new-marketing-strategy-learned-from-the-cruise-ship-class-system/

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

That alleged marble gives me a migrane!

Wait till you see how the wate floods the floor. There is a space under the small partition. Butler had to stuff towels under it everyday, and the floor still got very wet

Can’t understand how they didn’t learn from the Edge. 

Where are the shelves to put your stuff?

1 hour ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

A picture on another site shows a shower curtain covering the open area.

1 hour ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

A picture on another site shows a shower curtain covering the open area.

Would love to see that picture? What ship? 

Do I need to bring my own curtain?

8 hours ago, jmfdr said:

There are 13 new Aqua Class cabins on Deck 10, taking much space for the spa and gym.  I don't really care about the spa but the lost space in the gym makes a big difference to me.  The aerobic/spin studio is very small.  We were told by a crew member that 55 cabins in all were added.  Michael's Club is gone, replaced by the Retreat Lounge for suite guests.  Forgive me if this information has already be shared on this thread.  I have just started reading through it.

Wanted to respectfully correct some of your post.

The crew member is incorrect,  they only added 30 cabins (please see fleet guide published earlier - tried to upload again but cc not allowing it today).   They did reclassify some cabins from 3/4 to 2 person cabins as they had to keep the passenger load the same.   Also Michael's Club is not gone just renamed and they added a new Retreat Lounge and Retread Sun Deck for Suite Guests.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Sorry, I don't agree.  Have you ever cruised in an M class penthouse?  A table with a bench seat up against the wall is totally nonfunctional for entertaining.  As is that couch setup.  So far, I've seen that Ms. Hoppen removed a closet in the MBR and substituted some of her useless shelves.  What???  I see where she got her decor.  Take a look at the Target ad for this week!

No I haven't sailed in a Penthouse.  I'd love to, but quite honestly even if I had the money (which I don't), I wouldn't be spending it on a Penthouse on the Celebrity Summit.  No cruise or itinerary could ever be worth that kind of money to me.  That being said, I wouldn't refuse an upgrade!  As far as entertaining in it....I think I could rough it quite nicely with the bench and that huge sofa in the living room.  In fact I think I would throw quite a party in that room with my fellow cruisers. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

My inclination would be to turn the sofa 90 degrees so that the view is of the windows and sea.

Indeed, I am in a CS on the 30th and already had thoughts about how to rearrange the furniture to enjoy the view.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Wanted to respectfully correct some of your post.

The crew member is incorrect,  they only added 30 cabins (please see fleet guide published earlier - tried to upload again but cc not allowing it today).   They did reclassify some cabins from 3/4 to 2 person cabins as they had to keep the passenger load the same.   Also Michael's Club is not gone just renamed and they added a new Retreat Lounge and Retread Sun Deck for Suite Guests.

This one shows the difference:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/12030112_CEL_FleetGuide.pdf

On 1/12/2019 at 6:54 AM, CruisinRoxy said:

Maybe it's me.    I get that you have to update and all that.  But, it looks like all the color has been sucked out of everything.  It's all GRAY!  Shades of gray, white, off-white, cream...........Guess that's the trend.     Not sure how I feel about it. Anyone else?

Fake grey wood, it is horrible. They have taken all the charm away. Celebrity want a new younger clientele and don't care about the baby bommers who are the ones with time and money. Their loss. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Littlegov said:

Would love to see that picture? What ship? 

Do I need to bring my own curtain?

It's posted on FB in the Captains Club group by someone sailing on the Summit  repo cruise to San Juan.  It's a 2 day cruise for travel agents and other invited guests I imagine. It's a closed group so I don't have any way to post the picture. Since the 1st revenue cruise is tomorrow I'm sure we'll see pictures and you won't have to bring your own shower curtain.

2 hours ago, ScubaDo said:

Indeed, I am in a CS on the 30th and already had thoughts about how to rearrange the furniture to enjoy the view.

My thought was to ask the butler and cabin attendant to do it.  After moving it for every guest on the 1st 5 sailings they will get the idea to keep the new arrangement.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stait said:

Fake grey wood, it is horrible. They have taken all the charm away. Celebrity want a new younger clientele and don't care about the baby bommers who are the ones with time and money. Their loss. 

I can’t speak for any baby bommers, but I’m a boomer who likes the new color palette.  :classic_smile:

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

It's posted on FB in the Captains Club group by someone sailing on the Summit  repo cruise to San Juan.  It's a 2 day cruise for travel agents and other invited guests I imagine. It's a closed group so I don't have any way to post the picture. Since the 1st revenue cruise is tomorrow I'm sure we'll see pictures and you won't have to bring your own shower curtain.

Here is the picture posted showing the shower curtain. This was from the FB group and a TA posted it.

2DC6A640-18FB-4561-9B2A-ECC4EE6F28D5.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stait said:

The color palette of our open floor plan home is the grey/beige/ivory/neutral palette. Im not a baby boomer. I like light and I like being around water and I like being serene.  

Edited by MizDemeanor
  • Like 1