Disposable Gloves

tjcletzgo

Hello!  My last 2 cruises I got a bad cold on the ship, once at the beginning and once at the end.  I want to purchase  disposable glove for the buffet as well as other high visited areas.  Can anyone recommend a box of gloves, the loose fitting ones at the cheapest price?

Thanks for any advice :)

Edited by tjcletzgo

Respiratory illnesses generally are caused by an airborne organism. As a result gloves cannot protect you from the air that you are breathing. You could try a mask in the more crowded areas but if you are eating that won't work.

• Like 4

5 mm gloves at Harbor Freight are my go to. But my favorite is and will always be:

image.png.444e519d7c50a15f92aa8921678bc76f.png

Use EARLY AND VERY FREQUENTLY. Day after day after day...........

Wife and I always have a full container in our pocket from the beginning of the cruise to the end. It's always slathered on after touching ANY of the utensil in any of the common areas. Including the tongs in the buffet. 

Edited by Ep010835

I just get generic disposable gloves from my grocery store, or Walmart.  I wear them the first day as there is so much stair use due to embarkation and the muster drill, and if I go to the buffet.  I carry Zylast and use that constantly and always before eating.

1 hour ago, 1emerald1 said:

I just get generic disposable gloves from my grocery store, or Walmart.  I wear them the first day as there is so much stair use due to embarkation and the muster drill, and if I go to the buffet.  I carry Zylast and use that constantly and always before eating.

Zylast is really an excellent product that can really help against norovirus. Purell not so much. I take it with me whenever and wherever I travel. However, washing your hands with soap and water is still a must.

17 minutes ago, sajlm045 said:

Zylast is really an excellent product that can really help against norovirus. Purell not so much. I take it with me whenever and wherever I travel. However, washing your hands with soap and water is still a must.

Of course, I am a fanatic hand washer, even at home.

• Like 1

Decided to Google "Zylast" to see if I'd like to get some - found this on the FDA website dated June 6, 2018:  https://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm610146.htm

"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today filed a complaint against Innovative BioDefense, Inc. of Lake Forest, California, and Colette Cozean, the company’s president and chief executive officer, to prohibit them from selling Zylast topical antiseptics with claims that they are effective against infection by pathogens such as norovirus, rotavirus, flu virus, Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA), and Ebola. Claims that a hand sanitizer can protect consumers against infection from pathogens are drug claims and therefore, these products are regulated by the FDA as drugs. These products from Innovative BioDefense, Inc. have not been proven to be safe and effective for these uses and are not approved by the FDA."

We've been on several cruises with noro outbreaks and have managed to avoid getting sick ourselves, so will continue to rely on frequent hand-washing and keeping hands away from the face.    

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Kartgv said:

Decided to Google "Zylast" to see if I'd like to get some - found this on the FDA website dated June 6, 2018: https://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm610146.htm

"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today filed a complaint against Innovative BioDefense, Inc. of Lake Forest, California, and Colette Cozean, the company’s president and chief executive officer, to prohibit them from selling Zylast topical antiseptics with claims that they are effective against infection by pathogens such as norovirus, rotavirus, flu virus, Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA), and Ebola. Claims that a hand sanitizer can protect consumers against infection from pathogens are drug claims and therefore, these products are regulated by the FDA as drugs. These products from Innovative BioDefense, Inc. have not been proven to be safe and effective for these uses and are not approved by the FDA."

We've been on several cruises with noro outbreaks and have managed to avoid getting sick ourselves, so will continue to rely on frequent hand-washing and keeping hands away from the face.    

One of the reasons why Princess is heavy on the push for hand washing.

Sanitizer has been/is being removed for the most part from passenger areas because it gives a false sense of coverage.

One cannot beat regular and frequent hand washing.

• Like 2